Nov 3, 2011
Hi guys have you see any changes to 30x zoom in i looks more bad after update

Attachments

• 20200326_155750.jpg
    20200326_155750.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 541

imtjnotu

Jan 16, 2008
i love how the update is everywhere but smart switch still wont even give me the update.

djyeo1

Aug 9, 2010
Just installed the latest ATCH update on exynos and the camera zoom is actually worse than before. Before this latest update the zoom lens would kick in when you zoom in at 4x, but this new update only lets the zoom lens to kick in at 10x, anything before 10x zoom looks pixelated, looks like they interpolate the normal wide angle lens for anything less than 10x zoom. This is a major downgrade. Anyone can verify this is you are on exynos and latest ATCH update?

Reactions: Swimguy14

jedimyndtryx

ATCH on my Verizon model has destroyed my WiFi. Fine on all my other devices (work iPad, work 11 Pro Max, work PC, family's Macs, Firestick, AppleTV, etc) I have a 1 gig line from Xfinity, and is blazing fast on everything but this Ultra. Tells me the Network Speed is anywhere from 7-20MBps. I have reset the phone, forgot the network, changed MAC address type to Phone MAC and done every other little trick that people have recommended. I'm pretty livid. Not sure what's wrong. Anyone else having WiFi issues?

Djapatos

Apr 7, 2011
Got the tmobile update this morning and honestly i am still disappointed and i wiped cache and everything I still got my S10+ and still so much better at focus and close up

Left pic is S10+ and right S20U

Attachments

• 20200327_111111.jpg
    20200327_111111.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 680
  • 20200327_110952.jpg
    20200327_110952.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 687

Djapatos

Apr 7, 2011
Check your camera app version if it ends in .98 then it did update camera

It does end with .98. Guess it was updated. Well back to original comment. I am not that impressed with the update

Also on video if I do the hand test where you film one heand, i noticed it won't focus at all unless i do tap to focus.

I am on latest Tmo ACTM

Last edited:

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
ATCH on my Verizon model has destroyed my WiFi. Fine on all my other devices (work iPad, work 11 Pro Max, work PC, family's Macs, Firestick, AppleTV, etc) I have a 1 gig line from Xfinity, and is blazing fast on everything but this Ultra. Tells me the Network Speed is anywhere from 7-20MBps. I have reset the phone, forgot the network, changed MAC address type to Phone MAC and done every other little trick that people have recommended. I'm pretty livid. Not sure what's wrong. Anyone else having WiFi issues?

Hi there I am on Verizon if my router is on 2.4ghz I get around 200Mbps per device if I switch to 5.0ghz I get around 850 Mbps per device. Not sure if this helps or not.

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
finally downloading my U1 unlocked ATCH update. Wonder if it will improve anything. I don't take many pictures, but when I do, I prefer them to be in focus. Stay thirsty my friends.

mrkennethtong

Jan 26, 2020
Finally!

zb9Q2xR

Screen-Shot-2020-03-28-at-3-07-56-AM.png

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Totally don't see the difference in the update. At all. Also, what is the best mode to take pictures in? 9:16? 4:3?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I don't know what's going on in this section but I'm really surprised at how many of these threads that are supposed to be just a simple and friendly discussion go sour so quickly. Everyone needs to be a bit more respectful. You don't have to agree with everything someone else is saying. However don't make snark replies to them or take little jabs at people, etc. Facebook buy and sell groups are great for that so go do that there instead.
    No more bickering please and just be kind if you're going to participate.
    Btw, thread lightly cleaned.
    I am still to receive it, hopefully tomorrow, so I will revert with my feedback soon.

One more thing, I know it's off-topic, but I am picking on your statement that, besides the autofocus issue, it is a really magnificent peace of hardware. Does it mean that battery drain is not that noticeable at your end? I have read different opinions in other threads. End of OT. :)

I hope they will get it fixed because the capabilities of that phone are fantastic. I recorded a basketball game with 4x, 5x and the quality is mind blowing. Battery is very good in my opinion. It has a learning process and since the 5th of March it is still in its learning phase. I got an average of 6 hours SOT and with around 35-40% left when I put it on a charger at night. As we have spoken before, the phone can really top 11/12 hours with 60Hz and 9 hours + with 120Hz.

Maybe because you said you was tired or something and you can't take pics, so i was thinking you are shy to take selfie, anyway if possible please post full res night mode and regular

Oh sorry for that misunderstanding. Here is a night mode photo and the phone decided to make a 4 second exposure time.

Night Mode around 20:30 yesterday
    20200307-202858.jpg

Auto Mode 108 to 12Mpx
    20200308-172300.jpg

Auto Mode with 4x
    20200308-172313.jpg

Auto Mode with 5x
    20200308-172307.jpg

Auto Mode with 10x
    20200308-172341.jpg
    There is a FW update for the Exynos S20 Ultra that includes updated Camera FW as well, being talked about HERE ,
    where one user says "Camera focus indeed resolved" after flashing it. If more users flash it and clarify, it will be pretty helpful for everyone.
    I got the update. It's not fixed.

Battery still sucks worse than the Snapdragon. It overheats and throttles it's trash.

Try reset to factory settings on the camera app.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Damn, I was hoping for that change especially on skin tones. It's a lot better on Note 10 + but S20 ultra took it to a whole new cartoon level :(

Аlways turn off scene optimizer and beauty modes for the front and back camera.

I would pick HEVC for video and even pictures, it offers higher quality images (HEIF)

Use 40mp for the front camera, it should offer better quality.

Skin softening should be gone with pro mode or scene optimizer off.

4K30 is THE BEST mode for zooming in video.

Turning off EIS can decrease the cropping significantly, and improve the quality, if you walk slow, you don't need EIS. Same is even more true if you use static subjects or tripod, turn off EIS and get much better results.
    This person did a S20U autofocus comparison with the new, 2nd update Korea got - that was supposed to improve the camera according to the patch notes.

It did not improve in regards to the autofocus according to him: "However, the autofocus problem still hasn't been improved as you see in the before and after video."