FORUMS

EE UK

9,587 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,418

By dladz, Senior Member on 3rd March 2020, 07:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ordered mine just now from EE, bye bye Huawei.

Went with the 128GB as I barely use 50GB on my Huawei.

Unlimited 5G with the Galaxy Active 2 watch also on LTE.

£79+£14 pm.

No upfront cost, all in black.

Watch comes tomorrow, phone on the 13th apparently..

I didn't even want 12GB as it'll just use more battery for no reason, 8GB is the sweet spot, but I'm excited about getting the device. Hopefully the exynos can bring a smile to my face, it's been a while since I had a Sammy.
3rd March 2020, 08:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
12GB won’t use more battery... all about future proofing.

My S20 Ultra 512GB arrives Monday
4th March 2020, 01:07 PM |#3  
Senior Moderator / Semper Salty
Flag Land of the Endless Ride. USMC on my arm, .45 on my hip, O-H on my license plate!
Thanks Meter: 14,974

More
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Please remember to be respectful when posting.

Rude, disrespectful comments will be deleted.

If it continues, the accounts related to the comments will be reviewed for restriction or removal, so please let it stop here.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Az Biker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Az Biker Ad-Free
4th March 2020, 07:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Biker

* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Please remember to be respectful when posting.

Rude, disrespectful comments will be deleted.

If it continues, the accounts related to the comments will be reviewed for restriction or removal, so please let it stop here.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

Lol I missed it all, what happened? Haha

The rage from some people in crazy.
4th March 2020, 07:01 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomp306

12GB won’t use more battery... all about future proofing.

My S20 Ultra 512GB arrives Monday

Tbh 12GB over 8GB will use more exactly the same as 16GB will use more than 12. It's the nature of hardware.

Tbh 5000MAh sounds like if should be enough I think.

I think both will be superb.
4th March 2020, 08:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Ordered mine just now from EE, bye bye Huawei.

Went with the 128GB as I barely use 50GB on my Huawei.

Unlimited 5G with the Galaxy Active 2 watch also on LTE.

£79+£14 pm.

No upfront cost, all in black.

Watch comes tomorrow, phone on the 13th apparently..

I didn't even want 12GB as it'll just use more battery for no reason, 8GB is the sweet spot, but I'm excited about getting the device. Hopefully the exynos can bring a smile to my face, it's been a while since I had a Sammy.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago and was told the 13th (also black 128gb). The order tracker now says 24-26th March
The Following User Says Thank You to Scottland For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scottland Ad-Free
4th March 2020, 10:37 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottland

I ordered a couple of weeks ago and was told the 13th (also black 128gb). The order tracker now says 24-26th March

That's crazy, I was told by EE today that it almost certainly will be the 13th which I believe is a Friday

I'm thinking they'll send it on the 16th and I'll have it on the 17th.

Who did you order from?
5th March 2020, 11:45 AM |#8  
Flag Bedford
Thanks Meter: 400

More
I've been in touch with their Twitter rep who (claims he) checked stock intake plans and identified there is an established queue. I am on it and will get mine 24th-26th as per my order page. People ordering today will get it on 31st March.

Essentially, your estimated delivery date is accurate. If it says 10th March, you got in early enough to be in the first batch, if not, you are in a later batch.
5th March 2020, 11:51 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts

I've been in touch with their Twitter rep who (claims he) checked stock intake plans and identified there is an established queue. I am on it and will get mine 24th-26th as per my order page. People ordering today will get it on 31st March.

Essentially, your estimated delivery date is accurate. If it says 10th March, you got in early enough to be in the first batch, if not, you are in a later batch.

Yea that would make sense
5th March 2020, 09:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts

Thanks for that, is a shame as I would have obviously preferred to have it in the first batch. Maybe I would have got in the first batch if they didn't have issues processing the payment which meant I had to call up after the weekend to sort it out
5th March 2020, 10:44 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottland

Thanks for that, is a shame as I would have obviously preferred to have it in the first batch. Maybe I would have got in the first batch if they didn't have issues processing the payment which meant I had to call up after the weekend to sort it out

Tbh missing the first batch may have been a blessing in disguise, often the first ones released have the most bugs, whether it be hardware or software.

Silver linings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)