EE UK

Search This thread

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
EE seems to be misguiding people as I spoke to rep on the phone and he said EE hasn't received stock yet.

3 people I've asked for all confirmed I'll get mine on the 13th, it completely depends on the date you ordered it, I ordered on the 3rd march.

Which apparently is fine for launch day, it's on them now if they fail to come through I'll cancel it, I've no problem either way.

Scottland

Jun 6, 2006
I ordered 20th Feb and was told 13th at the time. My online order tracker says 24th - 26th so I thought I'd call EE to see what they say. The chap didn't really seem with it at all, but he eventually went away to check and was told the 30th!

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
I thought the pre-order delivery date for S20 Ultra in the UK was 10th March, that's what I read and was told by my network Vodafone. I was supposed to be getting mine delivered today but I called up to find out where it is and they've advised there's a delay on stock and it's going to be at the earliest 23rd March :(

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
John Lewis pre order is being delivered today even though their Twitter team told me it was delayed until 4/4. I think so many retailers confused by the release. Probably shortages due to Corona as well

Lovely, excited ? :D

Do you use any emulators? I'm very interested to see how anything on the dolphin emulator works. It's kind of the ultimate test for performance, if the exynos can keep up with last year's Snapdragon then we'll be good . If not then its going to be crap for me..

Also could you check out an app called ram truth. Takes a few seconds to install from the play store. Just want to see if swap memory is on or not. My guess is that it is.

3Shirts

Jan 18, 2009
Bedford
Over on the EE forums, if you can wade through the mire of angry posts, it seems that a lot of people are getting their devices today or tomorrow. The best advice seems to be to install the DPD app and put your details in and it may pop up on there if it's been handed over for delivery. Several people on there have actually had it delivered today.
Sadly mine hasn't but if you ordered early you might.

Seems like trying to get any sense out of EE is a challenge. Everyone is being told different things by different departments. Best to just go by the DPD app (or call DPD) to see.

Last edited:

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Over on the EE forums, if you can wade through the mire of angry posts, it seems that a lot of people are getting their devices today or tomorrow. The best advice seems to be to install the DPD app and put your details in and it may pop up on there if it's been handed over for delivery. Several people on there have actually had it delivered today.

Seems like trying to get any sense out of EE is a challenge. Everyone is being told different things but different departments. Best to just go by the DPD app (or call DPD) to see.

They've been pretty consistent with me tbf. I'm getting it sent to my work, DPD literally avoids my house, and they're a nightmare to chase.

Cheers, will grab the app, see if it shows anything.

When did you order yours? And how would the app make the connection between EE and me?

I've got no date on my pending EE device screen

3Shirts

Jan 18, 2009
Bedford
I ordered on 25th Feb.
When you install the DPD app you put your address and phone number and it relates that to deliveries. The history tab shows a bunch of stuff they've delivered to me in the past so it's accurate, but sadly no phone on there atm.

Reactions: maverick1103

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
I ordered on 25th Feb.
When you install the DPD app you put your address and phone number and it relates that to deliveries. The history tab shows a bunch of stuff they've delivered to me in the past so it's accurate, but sadly no phone on there atm.

Nah nothing for me either besides my watch an a bunch of other bits I can't identify.

It's my work address

vimto25

Jan 1, 2009
Burton-On-Trent,UK
A freind of mine has had hers s20 5g today from EE she ordered it last week.
I ordered my s20 ultra 2 weeks ago and ee won't tell me when I'll get it apart from when they have stock they will send it ? I ordered being told the 13th... Now they carnt even confirm that. Never mind

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
A freind of mine has had hers s20 5g today from EE she ordered it last week.
I ordered my s20 ultra 2 weeks ago and ee won't tell me when I'll get it apart from when they have stock they will send it ? I ordered being told the 13th... Now they carnt even confirm that. Never mind

Aye I got told the 13th too. Lol it's up to EE if they want to keep us ;) lot of competition, I do prefer EE as a network tho, brilliant signal along my commute, work and home.

So lol I've week and early delivery.

Another ordered 25th and no confirmation.

Yep that's about as random as Kanye west's thought process

Last edited:
Lovely, excited ? :D

Do you use any emulators? I'm very interested to see how anything on the dolphin emulator works. It's kind of the ultimate test for performance, if the exynos can keep up with last year's Snapdragon then we'll be good . If not then its going to be crap for me..

Also could you check out an app called ram truth. Takes a few seconds to install from the play store. Just want to see if swap memory is on or not. My guess is that it is.

Don't use emulators, phone feels very snappy so far for what I'm doing but that might be 120hz haha. Screenshot attached for ram truth

Reactions: dlads

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
My order hadn't budged

I'm meant to get it Friday, should it have??

EE said it'll move the day before. So tomorrow..can anyone say anything otherwise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311_200424.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311_200424.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 104

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Ok so just got off the phone to EE.

Corona has certainly stepped up, NBA has closed it's doors, La-Liga has done likewise and the premier league may be going the same way.

In regards to the promise that was made I was told the 13th and when my order wasn't shown today as being available tomorrow (friday) i was livid, but after speaking with the chap from EE, they literally have no power, not only that but they don't have a clue when Samsung will be able to ship their devices to them, anyone who got their device prior to the 13th is an anomaly, the 10th was a sub date which they sent some orders out on.

Their official standpoint is that they will fullfill their orders as soon as they come in.

Initially i was abrupt and pissed off, but after a moment i was calmer and saw things from his perspective.

If things take the piss then they will offer credit to accounts, but that's all they can do.

As i bought a watch to go with the phone but i can't use the LTE function with the phone i have now, they will show that it was accentuating circumstances so they would accept the return if needs be.

Livid, but kind of unavoidable, the world is not in a good place right now.

Last edited:

maverick1103

Jun 16, 2011
Kidderminster
Ok so just got off the phone to EE.

Corona has certainly stepped up, NBA has closed it's doors, La-Liga has done likewise and the premier league may be going the same way.

In regards to the promise that was made I was told the 13th and when my order wasn't shown today as being available tomorrow (friday) i was livid, but after speaking with the chap from EE, they literally have no power, not only that but they don't have a clue when Samsung will be able to ship their devices to them, anyone who got their device prior to the 13th is an anomaly, the 10th was a sub date which they sent some orders out on.

Their official standpoint is that they will fullfill their orders as soon as they come in.

Initially i was abrupt and pissed off, but after a moment i was calmer and saw things from his perspective.

If things take the piss then they will offer credit to accounts, but that's all they can do.

As i bought a watch to go with the phone but i can't use the LTE function with the phone i have now, they will show that it was accentuating circumstances so they would accept the return if needs be.

Livid, but kind of unavoidable, the world is not in a good place right now.

I'm in the same boat with Vodafone, not much anyone can do really, it's a waiting game.

Vodafone text me this morning saying they got my order on back order and will provide me an update in 3 days.

Reactions: dlads

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Please remember to be respectful when posting.

Rude, disrespectful comments will be deleted.

If it continues, the accounts related to the comments will be reviewed for restriction or removal, so please let it stop here.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

Seems like trying to get any sense out of EE is a challenge. Everyone is being told different things by different departments. Best to just go by the DPD app (or call DPD) to see.
    Ordered mine just now from EE, bye bye Huawei.

Went with the 128GB as I barely use 50GB on my Huawei.

Unlimited 5G with the Galaxy Active 2 watch also on LTE.

£79+£14 pm.

No upfront cost, all in black.

Watch comes tomorrow, phone on the 13th apparently..

I didn't even want 12GB as it'll just use more battery for no reason, 8GB is the sweet spot, but I'm excited about getting the device. Hopefully the exynos can bring a smile to my face, it's been a while since I had a Sammy.

I ordered a couple of weeks ago and was told the 13th (also black 128gb). The order tracker now says 24-26th March :(
    John Lewis pre order is being delivered today even though their Twitter team told me it was delayed until 4/4. I think so many retailers confused by the release. Probably shortages due to Corona as well
    I ordered on 25th Feb.