FORUMS

Overall love

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,982

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th November 2019, 10:56 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Samsung Galaxy S11e, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S11e is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
3rd March 2020, 02:12 PM |#2  
Overall I am very happy with the phone. It gets fantastic signal, battery life and performance you could ever ask for. The Camera is great but needs a little work. It is a beautiful phone and do not regret getting it in the slightest.
3rd March 2020, 04:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
After half a day with it, I will say that I'm impressed. It's super fast, the screen is incredible, battery life seems to be great so far, and the overall construction is solid. Dinking around with the cameras, it seems impressive, especially in pro mode. The AF wasn't an issue for me, but I was taking still photos - it takes about .3-.5 seconds to focus, which is longer than people are used to with DPAF, but it's not BAD by any means. I get the impression from using it that it's going to be more of a tool than a toy, and that's not going to resonate well with some people who want instant results with no effort. The network speeds on WiFi are truly impressive - setup time to pull down my apps was FAR faster than any phone I have ever used, period. I was done with setup completely within 20 minutes; part of this is the download speeds that hit up to 250mbps down, but I think the largest factor is how fast things install once downloaded. I didn't make it out of the house yesterday, so I can't speak much to 5G (T-Mo) speeds yet beyond speed tests that show around 80mbps down at my house.

The downside is the sheer size of it. I cannot emphasize enough how LONG the phone is. If you wear any tight clothing, this thing will be a tough fit. In my completely unfashionable Costco jeans, it sits about half an inch from the top of the front pocket. It's not actually that unwieldy, and is a lot more comfortable to hold than the more top-heavy Samsung phones (e.g. Note and and Note 9), partly because they moved the button layout so you actually hold the phone higher up. Make no mistake, though - this is a two-hand device. Maybe a basketball player could use it with one hand, but not anyone with even normal large hands like mine.
6th March 2020, 07:22 PM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Everything about this phone is so incredible, although I expected more from the battery performance.
6th March 2020, 10:31 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Had it for a couple days
I love this thing. I really do. I was reserving my opinion for actual use, instead of the reviews on pre-release firmware. I'm super happy with it. No regrets yet.
10th March 2020, 07:05 PM |#6  
Flag Jakarta

More
I have the Exynos version and I have to say that it's the best phone I've ever had (that's after considering my feelings about each of my previous phones when I first got them).

I think the camera surpassed my expectations. Although one part falls short and this is actually very crucial for me, that's the battery life. Yeah I've gotten an all day battery life with a very heavy usage at a 8 am-9 pm time but I only got about 5h sot and I noticed the battery went down a bit quickly, especially when I'm using the camera.
10th March 2020, 11:31 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I'm liking it, but its heft its getting some used to, this is a heavy beast of a phone

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
11th March 2020, 07:09 PM |#8  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I love it, got quickly used to the phone but I've had a lot of Samsung's other larger flagships before, so perhaps it's been easier for me to adapt to the size and weight. I find this phone much easier (or rather, far more rapid) to type on than my old S10+.

At 120Hz, it has been perfectly smooth every application I've used. No jitter. The screen when scrolling also appears to have very low pixel persistence, basically for example, when scrolling text for example is extremely clear and readable. I'm incredibly happy with that.

The only issues I have seem to be, the battery does drain quite quickly still. The camera isn't perfect in all situations either but I'm expecting some updates hopefully to improve that.

Using the Exynos variant.
14th March 2020, 03:09 PM |#9  
Flag Jakarta

More
I'm falling in love with this phone, more than I have ever felt with my crushes.

I think samsung finally nailed a flagship smartphone, although there are a few shortcomings.

1. Autofocus issues
2. Android phones being able to only have 2 or 3 major updates.
3. Battery life isn't the best out there but that's a bit understandable since it has a large display with high refresh rate.
4. The colour options are boring.
5. The pricing is ridiculous across every S20 Series. When you think about it, Z Flip is a better deal although you might sacrifice durability on that one.

Now to the things I love.
1. The camera in this phone is just fantastic. Yes the 100x zoom is useless but having the capability to zoom for up to 10x without virtually losing too much details is spectacular for a smartphone. The colours are more natural than old samsung phones now, the dynamic range is excellent, the contrast is a bit too much but it makes the pictures look more pleasing, and samsung has finally nailed night photography now.
2. The display is also spectacular, and the design actually looks much better in person. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold too, despite being the heaviest phone I've used so far. I love how they designed the front side here more than in the note 10. Oh, and the display is so gorgeous that makes me forgot that it has a hole punch in the centre sometimes.
3. Incredibly powerful and smooth. There are some hiccups in chrome and twitter but I think every android phone has that problem so...
4. No app refresh whatsoever, with a heavy use.
5. The audio quality is excellent, both on its stereo speakers and when using headphones.
6. Call quality is great.
26th March 2020, 01:39 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi folks, it's there any chance to format sd card like internal storage ? adb does not work for me
28th March 2020, 10:27 PM |#11  
Flag Poland
Thanks Meter: 656

More
I am disapointed
battery life is so much poor (at least 3.5h SOT)
focus after latest update is not fixed
in screen finger scanner is some kind of mistake - 4/10 properly read my finger , I assume I add 3times exact same finger
exynos version
I am back to my pixel 4XL 6h SOT and so much better camera experience
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)