FORUMS

Standby drain

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,982

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th November 2019, 10:56 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S11e's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
3rd March 2020, 01:41 PM |#2  
Standby drain is higher than other phones but about what you would expect from a Samsung device.

I am also in a 5G area which may contribute to this
5th March 2020, 03:54 PM |#3  
Still giving this 4 Stars but have been in 5G areas more for longer times and it does take a hit on battery life. I still easily make it through the day (60hz refresh) but have noticed a dip. It's now about on par as my S10 5G was (only had 4G with that phone). So I am not missing out too much.

Just wanted to share some experience in the 5G world.
5th March 2020, 07:39 PM |#4  
Well I remember from s3 , s4 s7 s10 now s20 all had standby drain well I dont know is it tradition in samsung now or what
7th March 2020, 02:00 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine suffer from standby drain around 4%-5% per hour.
This is ridiculous.
Model: exynos LTE
7th March 2020, 05:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Don't be surprised if it's the exynos model as it has been known they have the worst modems that's why the idle drain is high

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
7th March 2020, 05:44 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivnit

Don't be surprised if it's the exynos model as it has been known they have the worst modems that's why the idle drain is high

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So. Nothing we can do to fix this?
I'm idling with wifi turn on, all the data supposed to be connected to wifi. And my wifi was stable.
7th March 2020, 02:23 PM |#8  
Flag Hooksett
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Mine doesn't have the standby drain. I am on the SD though. So far this has been the best Samsung device in terms of standby drain. It's early though, a lot of the Samsung phones start out this way.
8th March 2020, 01:54 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjaya

So. Nothing we can do to fix this?
I'm idling with wifi turn on, all the data supposed to be connected to wifi. And my wifi was stable.

When I first got mine, standby drain was 1.3%/hr during sleep at night.

Tried factory reset, not restoring from any backup, install apps manually, now my standby drain is 0.5%/hr.

Exynos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200308-075448_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	4966509  
The Following User Says Thank You to Allesa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allesa Ad-Free
8th March 2020, 07:24 AM |#10  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allesa

When I first got mine, standby drain was 1.3%/hr during sleep at night.

Tried factory reset, not restoring from any backup, install apps manually, now my standby drain is 0.5%/hr.

Exynos

Are you on Exynos or SD?

EDIT: Sorry, did not read your post carefully, I see you are on Exynos
8th March 2020, 09:19 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cledee

Mine doesn't have the standby drain. I am on the SD though. So far this has been the best Samsung device in terms of standby drain. It's early though, a lot of the Samsung phones start out this way.

I've got replacement for my s20 ultra. And the standby drain was fine since then.
I have my doubt when my first unit was drained out of the box. The unit won't boot up and when plugged in, it takes around 10minutes to show 0% and the power kicks in. (only show thunder logo for around 10 minutes without any percentage)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)