FORUMS

[App] aodNotify - Notification Light / LED for S20, NEW: Notification preview!!

2,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,213

By Jawomo, Senior Member on 2nd March 2020, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2020, 01:58 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Version 3.06, 2 bugs to report:

1) AOD was working fine for "Always show AOD", I unlocked the phone and just went into AODNotify to view the settings and didn't change anything. The phone idled and the AOD showed up but there was nothing on the screen except for the biometric fingerprint. I unlocked the phone and reviewed AODNotify's settings. I went into Samsung's native settings, AOD toggle was OFF. I toggled it ON and it immediately reverted to OFF again.

2) I use Samsung's native messenger app. The notification preview for a text comes in and the preview message shows up correctly. But there is no app icon on the bottom row for it. I don't know if there is a correlation but that missing icon usually happens when there are 2 other notifications from other apps already present.

Edit 3.21.2030:
I actually don't see an app icon for Samsung messenger on the notification preview at all.
25th March 2020, 06:43 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member

More
Theres a new beta 3.08 with some fixes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jawomo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jawomo Ad-Free
29th March 2020, 01:06 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This might be out of scope of the app.

Since AODNotify only displays notification previews, is it possible for AODNotify to generate its own notifications. With it, I can customize my own notification that shows date, time, weather, etc. This way I can have a consistent AOD look, instead of an AODNotify preview style reverting back to the samsung AOD clock.
29th March 2020, 11:00 AM |#44  
I really like this app and I wish I could use it and I also don't mind pay for it. But I use tap to aod to often that I miss it to much when I am using this app. If you ad tap to aod I will use this app and pay for Pro options.
29th March 2020, 11:27 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Jawomo
Thx mate for this awesome App, absolutely great
But one question about the notification preview: i can only use this in combination with AOD. Is this right or can i configure this without using the AOD?
Yesterday, 11:11 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I like the app but I find the S20 AOD is not bright enough in daylight conditions. I work outdoors meaning I find it difficult to see it. The Notify LED brightness seems to be tied to AOD brightness. Is there anyway to force extra brightness? I like the app but find it difficult to see the LED in daylight.
Yesterday, 03:19 PM |#47  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJohnDeere

I like the app but I find the S20 AOD is not bright enough in daylight conditions. I work outdoors meaning I find it difficult to see it. The Notify LED brightness seems to be tied to AOD brightness. Is there anyway to force extra brightness? I like the app but find it difficult to see the LED in daylight.

You can set the AOD brightness in AOD settings, maybe disabling auto helps.
Yesterday, 06:58 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yeah I've tried that. Max brightness is still very dark compared to my old S7. Guess it's a power conservation thing from Samsung. Still a great app though.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobJohnDeere For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RobJohnDeere Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)