FORUMS

Call recording on S20 phones

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By 456456, Member on 6th March 2020, 10:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
Has anyone managed to get call recording to work on any of the S20 phones?

Many of the call recording apps don't work, but I read somewhere that if you root the phone you can get it to record.

Another website mentions changing the CSC to one of the countries that allow call recording, for example Thailand. Apparently there is a built-in recorder in those countries' S20 phones.

Is there any way to get it to record?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to 456456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 456456 Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 10:43 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
S20+ in Thailand does have built-in voice recorder. Works as intended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200307-174114_Call.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	4966045  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nui_e For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nui_e Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 12:49 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nui_e

S20+ in Thailand does have built-in voice recorder. Works as intended.

Can we change the CSC to enable this, by installing a Thai Sim or updating to a specific Firmware?

I ordered my S20+ from Vodafone Germany and also ordered a Thai Travel Sim to try this since it apparently worked on other Galaxy Phones in the past.

I hope I can configure the Phone without a Sim to order the Galaxy Buds+ (free for Preorders but has to be ordered through an App on the Phone, so I suspect it must know it's German at this stage) and change to Thai after before it gets 'locked'.

Call Recording is a crucial feature for me.
7th March 2020, 01:56 PM |#4  
tiho5's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 832
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph84

Can we change the CSC to enable this, by installing a Thai Sim or updating to a specific Firmware?

I ordered my S20+ from Vodafone Germany and also ordered a Thai Travel Sim to try this since it apparently worked on other Galaxy Phones in the past.

I hope I can configure the Phone without a Sim to order the Galaxy Buds+ (free for Preorders but has to be ordered through an App on the Phone, so I suspect it must know it's German at this stage) and change to Thai after before it gets 'locked'.

Call Recording is a crucial feature for me.

Skvalex call recorder has a guide in his website how to do it. But you need to have a Thai SIM.
7th March 2020, 04:46 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiho5

Skvalex call recorder has a guide in his website how to do it. But you need to have a Thai SIM.

No, changing of sim card trick is not working anymore, I tried already.
7th March 2020, 08:07 PM |#6  
Member
Flag DIRE DAWA
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
call recording option
Indonesia-XID firmware has call recoding
9th March 2020, 08:14 AM |#7  
vash_h's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
but sadly once u change your CSC to a different country, for example thailand, you'll be gifted with thai related apps.. on my previous phone i just edit the CSC to enable native android call recording.

but you will need root for this.
9th March 2020, 03:27 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash_h

but sadly once u change your CSC to a different country, for example thailand, you'll be gifted with thai related apps.. on my previous phone i just edit the CSC to enable native android call recording.

but you will need root for this.

Exactly, but you gain some and you loose some. If someone preffer call recording, main option you loose is Samsung Pay, other apps work fine. It's just the preferences. I would like to have call recording, i can secrifice Samsung Pay

Rooting phone is different ball game alltogether. I dont think rooting is worth enough. you dont acheive mush with rooting now a days, (Just my openion)

But i would really look forward to change CSC on my phone, and waiting eagerly for a work around
10th March 2020, 05:13 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
So I now have my phone (S20+ 5G - SM-G986B) and was looking to change the CSC...

Out of the Box, the Thai Sim did little to nothing. Obviously Samsung recognized the region, since Ts&Cs / Samsung Member confirmation was in Thai (even though I set it to my region), but nothing as far as CSC or Call Recording are concerned.

Did I see correctly that there isn't even a THL Firmware for this model?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
10th March 2020, 05:56 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raph84

Did I see correctly that there isn't even a THL Firmware for this model?

Any suggestions?

I couldn't find firmware as well. I will wait for SamKey support or... miracle
10th March 2020, 06:43 PM |#11  
decodertje's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag almere buiten
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomesiek

I couldn't find firmware as well. I will wait for SamKey support or... miracle

U can use call recorder acr from the playstore in de meantime.

Grtz
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes