FORUMS

delay in capturing a photo galaxy s20 ultra

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By omarkhamas, Junior Member on 28th June 2020, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
S20 Ultra here, have taken plenty of great shots with my camera, the quick updates since launch have fixed most issues people had at launch with the cameras but something that occasionally bugs me is a delay in capturing a photo after pressing the button, resulting in missing the shot.
Typical scenario - taking a photo of my kids , they move a lot so you dont have long to get a shot, I pull the the phone out, line up the shot and press the button and nothing, 1 second, maybe 2 and it takes the shot and its not the shot you wanted.
It certainly isnt all the time, sometimes the shot is pretty much instant, I am beginning to suspect its related to the auto focus, the phone doesn't focus quick enough or maybe doesn't think its focused (often it looks fine on screen) so wont take the shot quickly when you need it to.
Any ideas?
28th June 2020, 06:01 PM |#2  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,775

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarkhamas

Hi all,
S20 Ultra here, have taken plenty of great shots with my camera, the quick updates since launch have fixed most issues people had at launch with the cameras but something that occasionally bugs me is a delay in capturing a photo after pressing the button, resulting in missing the shot.
Typical scenario - taking a photo of my kids , they move a lot so you dont have long to get a shot, I pull the the phone out, line up the shot and press the button and nothing, 1 second, maybe 2 and it takes the shot and its not the shot you wanted.
It certainly isnt all the time, sometimes the shot is pretty much instant, I am beginning to suspect its related to the auto focus, the phone doesn't focus quick enough or maybe doesn't think its focused (often it looks fine on screen) so wont take the shot quickly when you need it to.
Any ideas?

Yea it is the autofocus, gonna need to wait it out for updates, you can speed it up by disabling the AI like scene optimiser, HDR, shot suggestions, and any filters you have enabled from the top right icon above the view finder, mostly the selfie cam is having the worst issues with around a 5 second delay if there is a face in view at arms length, especially with a bright light behind you like a window
30th June 2020, 12:33 PM |#3  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Jaysus!
I thought was just me. It's worst if you try to use the live focus. ¬¬
30th June 2020, 12:43 PM |#4  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 2,775

Donate to Me
More
Quote: