FORUMS

[Urgent] How do I cancel and clear un update?

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Electrolight, Member on Yesterday, 02:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got the May update notification and it seems the best I can do is delay it a day so I don't have much time. How do I stop this from happening? I am using the G988U model.
Yesterday, 02:33 PM |#2  
France
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Disconnect from internet? Also why do you want to cancel the update
Yesterday, 02:40 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojos38

Disconnect from internet? Also why do you want to cancel the update

It already downloaded the update so that isn't going to help. That's why I am asking how to clear it.

Because I don't like updates and almost never update my OS's/software. I prefer to stick with the version I know. On my previous phone the HTC U11 Life, I would get a notification that updates are available and always had the option to cancel. This is bullshit!
Yesterday, 02:47 PM |#4  
Flag Meaux
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolight

I got the May update notification and it seems the best I can do is delay it a day so I don't have much time. How do I stop this from happening? I am using the G988U model.

Try to restart in recovery mode and wype cache data
Yesterday, 03:04 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
First turn off automatic updates. Second....why? So just because you don't like updates you are forgoing potential battery/camera/performance improvements and security patches? I mean it's your phone and your choice it just sounds strange. To answer your question: Try to downgrade. I haven't been with a Samsung phone for ages and don't really know if it's doable atm, haven't tried it on my s20+ but ask around. BE CAREFUL not to mess something up!
Yesterday, 03:23 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIK97122

Try to restart in recovery mode and wype cache data

Will that wipe all app cache data or just Android system cache data?
Yesterday, 03:52 PM |#7  
Flag Meaux
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:

Will that wipe all app cache data or just Android system cache data?

i used to Wipe Cache Partition after all system updates it's supposed to clear only cache system
Yesterday, 03:56 PM |#8  
France
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I highly recommend you to do the update on the S20 at least to ATD6
The Following User Says Thank You to jojos38 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jojos38 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 03:56 PM |#9  
Flag Upstate South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:

It already downloaded the update so that isn't going to help. That's why I am asking how to clear it.

Because I don't like updates and almost never update my OS's/software. I prefer to stick with the version I know. On my previous phone the HTC U11 Life, I would get a notification that updates are available and always had the option to cancel. This is bullshit!

What's bullshit is you not wanting to update.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Trina9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trina9 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Seriously, in today's software 'quality' world, not updating is a big issue, especially but not only regarding to security.

If you have a system exposed to the world (and you do have that with your S20 Ultra), you must really keep it updated.

Also, ATE6 is an especially important one, as it is having several improvements.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)