132 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By Vaxbox, Senior Member on 10th March 2020, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2020, 02:55 AM |#11  
Flag The Icarus v2
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I have been working on this. I have barfed up my phone a couple times now removing apps that should not be removed. I think I finally have a solid list that others can use. I'm just cleaning it up so it makes sense.
4th April 2020, 02:57 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 976

More
I wouldn't use a removal script, especially one intended for a different phone.
Use CCSWE App Manager. It is free and braindead simple to use. It can uninstall non-system apps, but it can disable any app including system apps, which is really what you should do, rather than uninstalling. That way, you can reverse any mistakes by simply toggling a switch. Debloating with this app is so easy my 96 year old grandmother could do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sublimaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sublimaze Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 02:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
the one liner I used
I wasn't sure about most apps, but I removed anything that has the words facebook linkedin netflix microsoft amazon or game in it using this one liner:
Code:
pm list packages | grep -E 'facebook|linkedin|netflix|microsoft|amazon|game'  | awk -F ':' '{print "pm uninstall -k --user 0 "  $2}' | sh
you can list the packages that are going to be removed using the first half:
Code:
pm list packages | grep -E 'facebook|linkedin|netflix|microsoft|amazon|game'
The Following User Says Thank You to roni752 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roni752 Ad-Free
21st April 2020, 08:19 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimaze

I wouldn't use a removal script, especially one intended for a different phone.
Use CCSWE App Manager. It is free and braindead simple to use. It can uninstall non-system apps, but it can disable any app including system apps, which is really what you should do, rather than uninstalling. That way, you can reverse any mistakes by simply toggling a switch. Debloating with this app is so easy my 96 year old grandmother could do it.

Any chance you can list of the things you disabled with CCSWE? I am getting some pretty bad battery drain (2%/hr) with screen off on Exynos S20. Am keen to kill all the bloatware but not so keen on using the s10 guide as it is a new phone.

Or if anyone is able to compile a list of ADB/CCDWE of things we can disable with the functionality that would be awesome!
21st April 2020, 04:27 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbs

Any chance you can list of the things you disabled with CCSWE? I am getting some pretty bad battery drain (2%/hr) with screen off on Exynos S20. Am keen to kill all the bloatware but not so keen on using the s10 guide as it is a new phone.

Or if anyone is able to compile a list of ADB/CCDWE of things we can disable with the functionality that would be awesome!

2%/hr standby drain is a little high. You should be able to get down to 1%/hr or less.

I disabled the following with no issues, but your usage habits will determine what should be disabled.

Apps (com.samsung.android.app.appsedge)
Bixby Routines
Bixby Service
Bixby Voice
Bixby Voice Stub
Briefing
Calendar (com.samsung.android.calendar)
Chrome
Contacts (com.samsung.android.app.contacts)
Crocro and friends
Default Print Service
DeX for PC
Digital Wellbeing and parental controls
Facebook
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager
Facebook Services
Game Booster
Game Launcher
Launcher (com.sec.android.emergencylauncher)
LED Cover
LED Cover Service
Messages (com.samsung.android.messaging)
Netflix
PartnerNetflixActivation
People (com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe)
Print Service Recommendation Service
Print Spooler
Samsung Daily
Samsung DeX
Samsung DeX home
Samsung DeX System UI
Samsung Galaxy Friends
Samsung Internet
Samsung Internet panel
Samsung Kids Installer
Samsung setup wizard
Setup Wizard
SetupWizardLegalProvider
SilentLogging
Smart Switch Agent
SmartThings
Voice wake-up
What's new

I remapped holding the power button to toggle flashlight, and double tap still launches the camera. Those shortcuts work even after disabling the Bixby-related services listed above.

I did not disable the Bixby camera scanner because I may use it. But if you have no use for it, then disable Bixby Vision & Bixby Vision Framework.

If you use any of the other apps/services, then don't disable them. I use Google Calendar & Google Contacts, so the Samsung versions are unnecessary. And I use Pulse SMS, so no need for Messages app.

The great thing about CCSWE App Manager is being able to reverse changes on the fly. If you do something that breaks functionality, then just re-enable whatever messed things up. No need to go to a computer and mess with adb. If you like CCSWE, then I *highly* recommend supporting the developer, to encourage continued development.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sublimaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sublimaze Ad-Free
21st April 2020, 06:31 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Mental having to make lots of adjustments for exynos!! I reckon ya could get snapdragon and just enjoy it, be the last time I'm rushing in to buy Samsung think I'm done with exynos
21st April 2020, 10:43 PM |#17  
Flag Farnborough
Thanks Meter: 727

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1975

Can i ask what's the point of this? I was reading about the process and it states that the apps aren't fully uninstalled, they're basically hidden from "user 0", so why not just the hide app function? Or am I missing something here? Are they not running in the background for user 0? Is this more like a hibernate feature?

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried removing apps the traditional way, a decent amount of the bloatware is removable. Most of what I wanted gone is gone, just a few extra apps now.

Thats partly true. It becomes uninstalled for the User 0 (You or me) Its not removed from the device. As it is uninstalled for the User, it cant then be sucking up RAM or utilizing the already heavily criticized CPU.

I've debloated my S20 Ultra down to the bare minimum of what the phone could actually function on. I've removed Bixby, Samsung Pay, all the samsung apps, most google apps and a bunch of others. I can provide the list of all i have removed if anyone wants it?

Best.
Speedy!!
The Following User Says Thank You to speedyjay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speedyjay Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 12:03 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimaze

2%/hr standby drain is a little high. You should be able to get down to 1%/hr or less.

I disabled the following with no issues, but your usage habits will determine what should be disabled.

Apps (com.samsung.android.app.appsedge)
Bixby Routines
Bixby Service
Bixby Voice
Bixby Voice Stub
Briefing
Calendar (com.samsung.android.calendar)
Chrome
Contacts (com.samsung.android.app.contacts)
Crocro and friends
Default Print Service
DeX for PC
Digital Wellbeing and parental controls
Facebook
Facebook App Installer
Facebook App Manager
Facebook Services
Game Booster
Game Launcher
Launcher (com.sec.android.emergencylauncher)
LED Cover
LED Cover Service
Messages (com.samsung.android.messaging)
Netflix
PartnerNetflixActivation
People (com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe)
Print Service Recommendation Service
Print Spooler
Samsung Daily
Samsung DeX
Samsung DeX home
Samsung DeX System UI
Samsung Galaxy Friends
Samsung Internet
Samsung Internet panel
Samsung Kids Installer
Samsung setup wizard
Setup Wizard
SetupWizardLegalProvider
SilentLogging
Smart Switch Agent
SmartThings
Voice wake-up
What's new

I remapped holding the power button to toggle flashlight, and double tap still launches the camera. Those shortcuts work even after disabling the Bixby-related services listed above.

I did not disable the Bixby camera scanner because I may use it. But if you have no use for it, then disable Bixby Vision & Bixby Vision Framework.

If you use any of the other apps/services, then don't disable them. I use Google Calendar & Google Contacts, so the Samsung versions are unnecessary. And I use Pulse SMS, so no need for Messages app.

The great thing about CCSWE App Manager is being able to reverse changes on the fly. If you do something that breaks functionality, then just re-enable whatever messed things up. No need to go to a computer and mess with adb. If you like CCSWE, then I *highly* recommend supporting the developer, to encourage continued development.

I see all disabled. Did you actually uninstall any apps?? Thanks.
22nd April 2020, 12:24 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurien

I see all disabled. Did you actually uninstall any apps?? Thanks.

I uninstalled what could be uninstalled via regular method (Play store or Nova Launcher), and disabled what could not be uninstalled.
The Following User Says Thank You to sublimaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sublimaze Ad-Free
24th April 2020, 11:25 AM |#20  
Flag melbourne
Thanks Meter: 27

More
i just got one s20+. surprisingly one ui is not as bloat as i imagine it to be thought .
i still did some adb debloat.
is anyone debloat the qualcomm app too ?
24th April 2020, 02:06 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
If you have magisk you can use root explorer and actually delete unwanted system apps you cant uninstall by clicking on the app folder but if you go into each folder and directly delete apk it will work only with said app root explorer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)