FORUMS

Bloatware ADB Uninstall Script

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By Vaxbox, Senior Member on 10th March 2020, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

does anyone have a list or script for adb uninstall ready? Someone linked it for S10+ back in the day and it was very nice. Maybe some of you already have a list compiled?

Appreciated.

Regards
10th March 2020, 04:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I did exactly that this morning. Used this list below. Some things like Onedrive weren't in the list but that is listed as skydrive

adb setup https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

debloat list https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...tware-t3912073
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EggZenBeanz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EggZenBeanz Ad-Free
11th March 2020, 03:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggZenBeanz

I did exactly that this morning. Used this list below. Some things like Onedrive weren't in the list but that is listed as skydrive

adb setup https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

debloat list https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...tware-t3912073

Thank you very much! Will try it once my device arrives.
11th March 2020, 08:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Be careful not to uninstall the stock launcher, my navigation bar stopped working. Had to reinstall the launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lukyczk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lukyczk Ad-Free
21st March 2020, 05:10 PM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Please post your findings of what worked / didn't work, as the provided list is for the S10 obviously.
22nd March 2020, 02:43 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmeh

Please post your findings of what worked / didn't work, as the provided list is for the S10 obviously.

it worked for me. Some packages weren't originally installed so didn't need to remove.

I am wondering if anyone has the package name to remove the MacAfee bloat.

Thanks
22nd March 2020, 05:23 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1bobcat

it worked for me. Some packages weren't originally installed so didn't need to remove.

I am wondering if anyone has the package name to remove the MacAfee bloat.

Thanks

Are you verizon? If so, I believe it's the digital secure app.
22nd March 2020, 08:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commies

Are you verizon? If so, I believe it's the digital secure app.

In Canada on Rogers network.
25th March 2020, 08:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,702

More
Can i ask what's the point of this? I was reading about the process and it states that the apps aren't fully uninstalled, they're basically hidden from "user 0", so why not just the hide app function? Or am I missing something here? Are they not running in the background for user 0? Is this more like a hibernate feature?

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried removing apps the traditional way, a decent amount of the bloatware is removable. Most of what I wanted gone is gone, just a few extra apps now.
26th March 2020, 09:01 AM |#10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 170

More
menu space and disk space saving is negligible real benefit is less CPU load / battery as they're not even running in background
its a great way to do it because you can restore via factory reset, no lasting damage possible (except for removing stock launcher without another installed ROFL even then I'm guessing you can use stock recovery to wipe)
2nd April 2020, 02:55 AM |#11  
Flag The Icarus v2
Thanks Meter: 86

More
I have been working on this. I have barfed up my phone a couple times now removing apps that should not be removed. I think I finally have a solid list that others can use. I'm just cleaning it up so it makes sense.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)