FORUMS

Fingerprint Sensor Disappointing

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Willy_P, Junior Member on 7th March 2020, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So far, I like everything about the S20+ except the in-screen fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor is too small and it only works about 75% of the time. The in-screen fingerprint sensor on my OnePlus 7 Pro was far superior. BTW, the S20+ still has the factory installed screen protector, as did my OnePlus 7 Pro.
8th March 2020, 03:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 540

More
might be silly, but registering 2 of the same finger can help.
8th March 2020, 05:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy_P

So far, I like everything about the S20+ except the in-screen fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor is too small and it only works about 75% of the time. The in-screen fingerprint sensor on my OnePlus 7 Pro was far superior. BTW, the S20+ still has the factory installed screen protector, as did my OnePlus 7 Pro.

Trying registering two thumbs under one profile. It could be all in my head but found it helps with accuracy.
9th March 2020, 08:22 AM |#4  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 201

More
i dont know.. maybe it is just me.. i never had any problems with fingerprints sensor.. and the in-display fingerprint sensor seems to be fast too! compared to my mom's in-display fingerprint sensor on her A50...

the trick is, know where to put ur finger
10th March 2020, 12:51 AM |#5  
Love the S20

But fingerprint and the face unlock is pretty poor. My OnePlus 6t handled both much better...
10th March 2020, 07:04 AM |#6  
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I don't know about other phones, but yeah. The finger print scanner needs some help. Not atrocious, but just ok.
11th March 2020, 05:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 474

More
Similar sentiments here:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/0...er-technology/

Almost makes me contemplate whether to just stick with my Pixel 4 XL, though I'm so used to Samsung phones otherwise. The S10 was OK for me in terms of fingerprint acceptance, but definitely worse than other phones I'd used before
12th March 2020, 05:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
The face unlock is very quick if the lighting is good, otherwise it struggles...the Finger print works great on my device...quicker then my s10+. I struggled to register my finger initially, but after it completed I was surprised how quick it was...Due to the size of my hands I know exactly how far from the bottom to place my finger to unlock the phone...if not almost 100% on the sensor then it takes longer
12th March 2020, 06:27 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes, Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor is bit slow compared to optical sensor.
12th March 2020, 10:15 PM |#10  
Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I haven't had any problems with accuracy on the sensor. Even works if my finger is moist or has an indentation from holding in landscape.

It's not incredibly fast, but it seems pretty solid to me. Certainly not problematic.

I don't use the face unlock so I have no input on that.
16th March 2020, 04:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I am struggling with fingerprint reader as well. I have registered both thumbs and index fingers but the fingerprint unlock is damn slow and the sensor fails to register fingerprint. Most of the time I see "press a little harder" notification. I fear I may end up cracking the display with harder finger presses. Coming from SGS9, this fingerprint reader is a downgrade! On the other hand face unlock seems quite snappy, but how secure is face unlock?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)