3,351 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,072

By iBowToAndroid, Senior Member on 22nd February 2020, 12:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2020, 08:09 AM |#11  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Tried to flash the unbloated (my assumption at least) of the Korean rom: KOO. Followed the correct steps, flashed without problems but bloatware was not removed, also bootlogo of the original carrier doesn't disappear.
@iBowToAndroid, have you tested this method yourself with the S20 series? Flashing from unlocked to carrier firmware should always work I would say, but the other way around, have you got confirmed results for the S20 series?
19th March 2020, 09:24 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SM-G981U Carrier Aggregation for Europe
I have S20 SM-G981U1 that i flashed with SM-G981U with no problems but is there any way to make CA to work in Europe?
Any help will be greatly appreciated because i have way lower mobile data speed in EU with my US unlocked phone...
19th March 2020, 04:07 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijsva

Tried to flash the unbloated (my assumption at least) of the Korean rom: KOO. Followed the correct steps, flashed without problems but bloatware was not removed, also bootlogo of the original carrier doesn't disappear.
@iBowToAndroid, have you tested this method yourself with the S20 series? Flashing from unlocked to carrier firmware should always work I would say, but the other way around, have you got confirmed results for the S20 series?

For U and U1 firmware, yes. You'll have to look elsewhere for discussions on Korean firmware
20th March 2020, 04:53 AM |#14  
Flag Breda

More
So you have tested flashing from (US) carrier firmware to unlocked carrier on the S20 succesfully? All bloatware and carrier bootscreens removed?
20th March 2020, 09:34 AM |#15  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Any firmware (compatible with U1) that has CSC feature enabled for native call recording?
25th March 2020, 06:24 AM |#16  
Flag Breda

More
Quote:

So you have tested flashing from (US) carrier firmware to unlocked carrier on the S20 succesfully? All bloatware and carrier bootscreens removed?

@iBowToAndroid. Have you got confirmed results that bloatware is indeed removed including boot animations when changing from a US carrier branded phone to the international firmware on the Galaxy S20? I'm starting to wonder if there have been new restrictions in the S20 series that won't allow the CSC to be modified and therefor bloatware/carrier logo's won't be removed.
25th March 2020, 05:24 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@iBowToAndroid. Have you got confirmed results that bloatware is indeed removed including boot animations when changing from a US carrier branded phone to the international firmware on the Galaxy S20? I'm starting to wonder if there have been new restrictions in the S20 series that won't allow the CSC to be modified and therefor bloatware/carrier logo's won't be removed.

International firmware can't be flashed to a US model - never have been able to, never will be able to. Just because it's bloatware free doesn't make it "international". But yes, flashing the U1 firmware package removes all of the bloatware - it's been that way ever since the S7
26th March 2020, 03:43 AM |#18  
Flag Breda

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

International firmware can't be flashed to a US model - never have been able to, never will be able to. Just because it's bloatware free doesn't make it "international". But yes, flashing the U1 firmware package removes all of the bloatware - it's been that way ever since the S7

Sorry, typo, should have been "unlocked" firmware.

You still haven't answered my question though Have you got confirmed results? Proof? I see you had good results for the S10 series, but so far I can't seem to find similar results for the S20 series.
26th March 2020, 09:40 AM |#19  
Flag Ancapistan
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtothesquare

So I flashed with Odin with my unlocked from Samsung U1 firmware to the T-Mobile U firmware because I wanted the advanced messaging. Only issue in the beginning was not using the patched Odin, but once I did, no problems.

Tools:
Downloaded from this previous thread, post #2, with Modified Odin and Samsung Drivers https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10...r-att-t3908657

Since it's been awhile since I've done flashing or Odin, I followed this basic guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/s10...-faqs-t3936704

Of note, only needed the files from the TAW folder only, did not need the T-Mobile specific U firmware as resetting the phone with a T-mobile sim automatically loaded it.

My quick rundown:

1)Extract the G981U_TAW firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files:
AP (System & Recovery)
BL (Bootloader)
CP (Modem / Radio)
CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will wipe your phone)
HOME_CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will NOT wipe your phone)

2.)In Modified Odin I added each file to it's respective slot EXCEPT for HOME_CSC as I wanted to do a clean factory reset

3) Put the S20 in Download/ Odin mode. 2 different ways as outlined here &t=8s

4) Once the phone was detected in the COM port number in Odin, I clicked the start button and waited til Odin said "PASS". One thing I noticed was the phone didn't reboot all the way automatically, it actually went into recovery mode and I ended up having to do a factory reset through there because at first it would bootloop and take me back into recovery mode, but after doing a factory reset in recovery mode it restarted just fine with the T-mobile firmware along with the t-mobile apps and advanced messaging working as it should be.

i got advanced messaging by just inserting a T-Mobile SIM into my unlocked s20, it restarted the phone and i even have the wifi calling too
26th March 2020, 07:36 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry, typo, should have been "unlocked" firmware.

You still haven't answered my question though Have you got confirmed results? Proof? I see you had good results for the S10 series, but so far I can't seem to find similar results for the S20 series.

The proof is already here in the thread. Many users have already done it
27th March 2020, 05:34 AM |#21  
Flag Breda

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

The proof is already here in the thread. Many users have already done it

So far I can only see people that flashed carrier firmware onto their unlocked phone, not the other way around
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)