Run 120fps within any app and any resolution you wish

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By Kevtrejo37, Senior Member on 26th February 2020, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Import this little profile here to tasker

PLEASE TRY IT WITH QHD

Follow the steps within profile

Beta 2 will theorically let you run strictly on 60hz and will run you back to 120 whenever you open an app that you desire to be refreshing at 120

Needed
Tasker
Patient
Knowledge on how to run adb commands until there's root.

Any app and resolution should give you the refresh rate you're looking for.

Please enjoy and report back.

Update Beta V2.2
https://taskernet.com/shares/?user=A...+120hz+Per+App
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kevtrejo37 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kevtrejo37 Ad-Free
26th February 2020, 04:26 AM |#2  
Flag Tampa Fl
Thanks Meter: 75

Donate to Me
More
does it work?
26th February 2020, 04:28 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastibeta

does it work?

You just have to find out can't tell more until there's root. That's why it's still beta
26th February 2020, 11:55 PM |#4  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevtrejo37

You just have to find out can't tell more until there's root. That's why it's still beta

Are you saying this hasn't been tested yet?
27th February 2020, 03:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 893

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Yes, he very clearly said it wasn't tested and that's why it's labeled as Beta.
27th February 2020, 04:17 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

They have been, but on a different device and have worked well,

I have been looking back and forth to aosp how they are managing the refresh rates. to force x fps they use min_refresh_rate & peak_refresh_rate. What i have done here is that i made a custom task when you open an app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 120.0, variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. Then when you exit the app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 60.0 variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. These are system variables so you have to make sure that you select system and dont just leave at global
27th February 2020, 10:33 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

They have been, but on a different device and have worked well,

I have been looking back and forth to aosp how they are managing the refresh rates. to force x fps they use min_refresh_rate & peak_refresh_rate. What i have done here is that i made a custom task when you open an app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 120.0, variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. Then when you exit the app to set this variables to these values for example peak_refresh_rate value = 60.0 variable min_refresh_rate value = 120.0. These are system variables so you have to make sure that you select system and dont just leave at global

Could you make a version to force 120hz on qhd all the time? I don't care about batt life.
The Following User Says Thank You to VZTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VZTech Ad-Free
27th February 2020, 11:24 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZTech

Could you make a version to force 120hz on qhd all the time? I don't care about batt life.

This is the one ! let me know when you get your phone so i can send a newer one.
27th February 2020, 11:37 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

This is the one ! let me know when you get your phone so i can send a newer one.

Awesome, will do. Should be next Thursday
27th February 2020, 05:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimax

Would it be possible to get 90 Hz with this?

There is but, the only problem that I have been having is that when you exit the app were you want to run it in my case my is 75hz. So let's say I have it set to open x app at 75 it will do it, but it won't reset it back down to 60 so it would just be stuck. So I am not doing any fps that aren't officially supported by the phone and oem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)