FORUMS

S10e upgrade

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By blackrome0, Member on 22nd March 2020, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but wasn't sure where to post this.

Quick question....

I currently have the s10e. Is it worth upgrading to the note 10, s20 or s20+?
Main things for me are battery life, portability and performance, not bothered about the camera as I hardly ever use it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
23rd March 2020, 07:50 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrome0

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong thread but wasn't sure where to post this.

Quick question....

I currently have the s10e. Is it worth upgrading to the note 10, s20 or s20+?
Main things for me are battery life, portability and performance, not bothered about the camera as I hardly ever use it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I am in an extremely similar situation. I had the S10E since its launch day and traded in to upgrade to S20 on s20's launch day lol
It costed me 1050 canadian dollars (after tax) after the trade in.

I love it. Better battery life, better performance for sure.
With a smart phone, i just use SNS and read news. So how the screen looks and portability are the top 2 criteria. That was why I bought S10E last year.
The S20, well, 120Hz is amazing and the punch hole is about 1/2 the diameter, such a great upgrade on the screen. As for portability, S20 is a tiny tiny bit narrower, and about 1.5cm longer, which is not too bad at all, given that using it with one hand is still very easy.

As for camera, having a telephoto lens, well, is definitely better than not having one lol
So the upgrade is very noticeable. I would say it is a much better experience.

One thing about portability. The s20 is likely to be the most portable flagship of 2020. I was waiting for news on the Oneplus phones and Redmi k30 pro earlier this year, but found that they are very likely all going to be noticably bigger than the S20, especially the width.
Knowing this, i just instantly decide to get the S20. No need to wait for the other ones at all. Physical form factors are not something that software can make up for.

hope this helps.
25th March 2020, 07:02 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzuki

I am in an extremely similar situation. I had the S10E since its launch day and traded in to upgrade to S20 on s20's launch day lol
It costed me 1050 canadian dollars (after tax) after the trade in.

I love it. Better battery life, better performance for sure.
With a smart phone, i just use SNS and read news. So how the screen looks and portability are the top 2 criteria. That was why I bought S10E last year.
The S20, well, 120Hz is amazing and the punch hole is about 1/2 the diameter, such a great upgrade on the screen. As for portability, S20 is a tiny tiny bit narrower, and about 1.5cm longer, which is not too bad at all, given that using it with one hand is still very easy.

As for camera, having a telephoto lens, well, is definitely better than not having one lol
So the upgrade is very noticeable. I would say it is a much better experience.

One thing about portability. The s20 is likely to be the most portable flagship of 2020. I was waiting for news on the Oneplus phones and Redmi k30 pro earlier this year, but found that they are very likely all going to be noticably bigger than the S20, especially the width.
Knowing this, i just instantly decide to get the S20. No need to wait for the other ones at all. Physical form factors are not something that software can make up for.

hope this helps.

Sups Kezzuki

Thanks for the reply back, think im gonna go with the s20 plus for the extra battery life snapdragon model of course
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)