FORUMS

S20+ features with *ATE6 firmware update

1,314 posts
Thanks Meter: 561

By stefanz08, Senior Member on 23rd May 2020, 01:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all,

just wanted to make a list with all the new features and improvements made by the new *ATE6 firmware update.

does the S20+ model received the camera feature "use close-up" whem you close the camera to an object?

what other improvements *ATE6 firmware brough to S20+ model?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200523_151315.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	5024817  
23rd May 2020, 01:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanz08

hi all,

just wanted to make a list with all the new features and improvements made by the new *ATE6 firmware update.

does the S20+ model received the camera feature "use close-up" whem you close the camera to an object?

what other improvements *ATE6 firmware brough to S20+ model?

Only for S20U limited,S20/S20+ does not have
23rd May 2020, 02:42 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjhao

Only for S20U limited,S20/S20+ does not have

S20Ultra has this closeup function. But for the rest of S20+ what improcements the new *ATE6 firmware brought? not only to camera, but overall.
23rd May 2020, 03:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
A slightly faster fingerprint(tho i did not notice anything),some report battery life improvements but i don't really trust that so ill need to test the phone and the option to remove the ugly ass ripple effect when you unlock with fingerprint. That's all i know maybe someone can add to or confirm what i have said.
23rd May 2020, 03:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanz08

S20Ultra has this closeup function. But for the rest of S20+ what improcements the new *ATE6 firmware brought? not only to camera, but overall.

S20+ has better speaker audio quality with this update!
23rd May 2020, 03:32 PM |#6  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 54

More
i noticed less heat from the phone (s20+)
23rd May 2020, 06:14 PM |#7  
Flag London Town
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto28

A slightly faster fingerprint(tho i did not notice anything),some report battery life improvements but i don't really trust that so ill need to test the phone and the option to remove the ugly ass ripple effect when you unlock with fingerprint. That's all i know maybe someone can add to or confirm what i have said.

just disable all animations in developer options to get rid of that ripple effect
23rd May 2020, 07:38 PM |#8  

More
Window animation scale/Transition animation scale/Animation duration scale are all off and yet the ripple effect is still there so no it does not work
23rd May 2020, 08:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
only concerned with ULTRA CAMERA fix for my 1400.00 device.
Yesterday, 02:12 PM |#10  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 54

More
To get rid of the ripple it's in

Settings - biometrics and security - biometric preferences, and then turn off the transition effect.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 02:19 PM |#11  

More
I don't think we are talking about the same ripple effect. I am referring to the ring around the fingerprint sensor when you unlock the phone with your finger. That is in Settings -> biometrics and security -> Fingerprints "Show animation when unlocking" this is new!
The Following User Says Thank You to Marto28 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marto28 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)