FORUMS

Screen on time

810 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,982

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 27th November 2019, 10:04 AM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2020, 07:18 PM |#41  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1906KSC

I unplugged my charger 7am after all day 10pm i have 3 hours SOT and still 59% battery i think is not bad,Bluetooth on connected with Galaxy watch ,location on ,Nfc off ,Aod off
Was only connected to my computer for 5 minutes

Exynos International 5g

crazy, what are your settings?
21st March 2020, 09:00 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid200

crazy, what are your settings?

First thing I not copying from my previous phone settings, application i only copy message, phone,calendar,notes
Application i download myself and settings i done my myself
AOD off ,Nearby device Off,5G off because I not have 5G in my city at the moment, NFC off,localisation On but only i use app,Bluetooth on connecting with my Galaxy watch,battery adaptive, screen bright automatic
22nd March 2020, 08:27 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1906KSC

First thing I not copying from my previous phone settings, application i only copy message, phone,calendar,notes
Application i download myself and settings i done my myself
AOD off ,Nearby device Off,5G off because I not have 5G in my city at the moment, NFC off,localisation On but only i use app,Bluetooth on connecting with my Galaxy watch,battery adaptive, screen bright automatic

is your screen set at 120Hz and 1080p?
27th March 2020, 05:28 AM |#44  
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It would be good to mention if you're connected to Wifi or using 4G/5G. It's not comparing apples to apples when people report high SOT's while connected to wifi all day. Using 4G/5G usually results in much lower SOT's.
30th March 2020, 05:35 PM |#45  

More
Mine is really bad also. I used Samsung Switch the first time. Battery seemed to be draining way to fast so I done a reset and set it up from scratch. Before installing any apps I done a couple tests over night with the phone just sitting there. It drains about 10-12% per hour with no apps open and AOD off. So next I tried the same test with the phone in airplane mode to eliminate signal or network issues, had basically the same drainage, took it off the charger at midnight and at 7AM it was down to 48% with 0 usage. Wonder if it's bad? I'm in the USA on AT&T.
1st April 2020, 09:44 AM |#46  
France
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headslick

Mine is really bad also. I used Samsung Switch the first time. Battery seemed to be draining way to fast so I done a reset and set it up from scratch. Before installing any apps I done a couple tests over night with the phone just sitting there. It drains about 10-12% per hour with no apps open and AOD off. So next I tried the same test with the phone in airplane mode to eliminate signal or network issues, had basically the same drainage, took it off the charger at midnight and at 7AM it was down to 48% with 0 usage. Wonder if it's bad? I'm in the USA on AT&T.

I also have a very high standby drain like you, I lose about 1% / hour when screen of which is about 4x more than what my S8 is draining while it has a lot more apps installed...
2nd April 2020, 11:06 PM |#47  

More
Update. I got a new replacement S20 yesterday. What a huge difference, I mean like it's not even the same phone. Today I took it off the charger at 6AM and it's now 5PM. I have 1:40 screen on time and the phone is at 66%. My other one would have tapped out by noon time. It's always seemed warm to so I suspect something was always stuck on. Nothing I done made it better even a reset with no apps loaded or running.
2nd April 2020, 11:40 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by headslick

Update. I got a new replacement S20 yesterday. What a huge difference, I mean like it's not even the same phone. Today I took it off the charger at 6AM and it's now 5PM. I have 1:40 screen on time and the phone is at 66%. My other one would have tapped out by noon time. It's always seemed warm to so I suspect something was always stuck on. Nothing I done made it better even a reset with no apps loaded or running.

How did you get it replaced? Did u purchase it from samsung.com or from AT&T?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 01:06 AM |#49  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotnoypi

How did you get it replaced? Did u purchase it from samsung.com or from AT&T?

Got it from AT&T I had already passed my 14 days by a little over a week but due to the current issues everyone is dealing with they decided to just swap it with a new one for me. I also called Samsung, they said it had a 1 year warranty but I'd have to mail it in and would take a couple weeks for them to evaluate and repair it. So props to AT&T for helping me out. It's now 7PM I have 2 hours screen on time at 60% battery left!!!
Yesterday, 03:43 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Screen on time
First full day with S20. Took off charger at 8am. Got 5hrs of SOT with 25% left.
120hz
Adaptive brightness
AOD

Just disabled a few things and will see how tomorrow goes. Accubattery says I have a 3880Mah battery.
Yesterday, 03:52 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
First day results Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200402-224958_Device%20care.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	4984893

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)