Screen on time

Search This thread

Adam1906KSC

Oct 26, 2018
crazy, what are your settings?
First thing I not copying from my previous phone settings, application i only copy message, phone,calendar,notes
Application i download myself and settings i done my myself
AOD off ,Nearby device Off,5G off because I not have 5G in my city at the moment, NFC off,localisation On but only i use app,Bluetooth on connecting with my Galaxy watch,battery adaptive, screen bright automatic

DrDayez

Mar 5, 2019
First thing I not copying from my previous phone settings, application i only copy message, phone,calendar,notes
Application i download myself and settings i done my myself
AOD off ,Nearby device Off,5G off because I not have 5G in my city at the moment, NFC off,localisation On but only i use app,Bluetooth on connecting with my Galaxy watch,battery adaptive, screen bright automatic
is your screen set at 120Hz and 1080p?

tijsva

Aug 31, 2009
Breda
It would be good to mention if you're connected to Wifi or using 4G/5G. It's not comparing apples to apples when people report high SOT's while connected to wifi all day. Using 4G/5G usually results in much lower SOT's.

headslick

Dec 5, 2014
Mine is really bad also. I used Samsung Switch the first time. Battery seemed to be draining way to fast so I done a reset and set it up from scratch. Before installing any apps I done a couple tests over night with the phone just sitting there. It drains about 10-12% per hour with no apps open and AOD off. So next I tried the same test with the phone in airplane mode to eliminate signal or network issues, had basically the same drainage, took it off the charger at midnight and at 7AM it was down to 48% with 0 usage. Wonder if it's bad? I'm in the USA on AT&T.

jojos38

Mine is really bad also. I used Samsung Switch the first time. Battery seemed to be draining way to fast so I done a reset and set it up from scratch. Before installing any apps I done a couple tests over night with the phone just sitting there. It drains about 10-12% per hour with no apps open and AOD off. So next I tried the same test with the phone in airplane mode to eliminate signal or network issues, had basically the same drainage, took it off the charger at midnight and at 7AM it was down to 48% with 0 usage. Wonder if it's bad? I'm in the USA on AT&T.

I also have a very high standby drain like you, I lose about 1% / hour when screen of which is about 4x more than what my S8 is draining while it has a lot more apps installed...

headslick

Dec 5, 2014
Update. I got a new replacement S20 yesterday. What a huge difference, I mean like it's not even the same phone. Today I took it off the charger at 6AM and it's now 5PM. I have 1:40 screen on time and the phone is at 66%. My other one would have tapped out by noon time. It's always seemed warm to so I suspect something was always stuck on. Nothing I done made it better even a reset with no apps loaded or running.

gotnoypi

Aug 10, 2012
Update. I got a new replacement S20 yesterday. What a huge difference, I mean like it's not even the same phone. Today I took it off the charger at 6AM and it's now 5PM. I have 1:40 screen on time and the phone is at 66%. My other one would have tapped out by noon time. It's always seemed warm to so I suspect something was always stuck on. Nothing I done made it better even a reset with no apps loaded or running.
How did you get it replaced? Did u purchase it from samsung.com or from AT&T?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

headslick

Dec 5, 2014
How did you get it replaced? Did u purchase it from samsung.com or from AT&T?

Got it from AT&T I had already passed my 14 days by a little over a week but due to the current issues everyone is dealing with they decided to just swap it with a new one for me. I also called Samsung, they said it had a 1 year warranty but I'd have to mail it in and would take a couple weeks for them to evaluate and repair it. So props to AT&T for helping me out. It's now 7PM I have 2 hours screen on time at 60% battery left!!!

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
First full day with S20. Took off charger at 8am. Got 5hrs of SOT with 25% left.
120hz
Adaptive brightness
AOD

Just disabled a few things and will see how tomorrow goes. Accubattery says I have a 3880Mah battery. [emoji848]

Last edited:

simon.r

Nov 4, 2012
My Exynos gets me about 4 hours Wifi SOT (AOD off, 120hz, GPS and NFC on), which is a bad joke.

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
Coming from an 11 Pro Max, I'm struggling.

kirilorius

Oct 19, 2009
Sofia
Guys, till yesterday my phone battery drain was terrible. I was looking for the reason of this. Finally i found it. It's called Samsung digital wellbeing! When I looked at the battery usage it was saying 30% of total battery life. 30 f...ing %. I disabled it via adb and now drain speed is much better or at least my mind is calmer ?. Will see how it will be at the end of the day. Cheers

riot_er

Mar 17, 2020
Guys, till yesterday my phone battery drain was terrible. I was looking for the reason of this. Finally i found it. It's called Samsung digital wellbeing! When I looked at the battery usage it was saying 30% of total battery life. 30 f...ing %. I disabled it via adb and now drain speed is much better or at least my mind is calmer . Will see how it will be at the end of the day. Cheers

How to do it? What is hte name of this package?

riot_er

Mar 17, 2020
Thanks,

Anybody else is experiencing battery drain from Android System, I found that most of my battery is drained by Android System and Samsung System . Also screen off battery drain is also visible. Any tips?

Screens: https://imgur.com/a/UzzGirs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why?

Why did you all buy this phone in the first place if you are running it at such low profile configs :D lol
    You'd have saved lot of money and pain if you just bought an ordinary phone to run the current configs you people spend hours to configure on s20 and post SOT times desperately here to create yourself a delusion that battery life is better on this phone ????
    Off top of my head, turned off 5g, no AOD, dark theme (obviously), system tracing off, location off. I tried with both adaptive performance on/off (seemingly same result). I believe this is everything, I removed a few apps from Samsung.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have the Snapdragon model. What specifically did you disable? I tried to disable 5g but I dont have the option to edit my APN (Visible is my provider)

Your thoughts are the exact same as mine. The OP you can just out of the box start using and get great battery. I havent done much tweaking to this phone which is probably the reason I am not getting good battery life, but if anyone can suggest what to disable, I will gladly do it. Really all I want is 120z and always on display turned on, bluetooth always on (for my car and bluetooth speakers), GPS always on and other than that, I use wifi when at work and home and do some light gaming and that's really it.

EDIT: attached my typical day. As you can see, not that great...

Hey.
    I have copied in the list of my disabled apps / processes blow (sorry, as I'm a new active user here, I can't attach pictures yet).
    I used CCSWE App Manager to list all processes, then went through them and disabled what I don't want or need via ADB commands on my PC. Nothing uninstalled, just disabled! In case I will need some of the apps one day, I can simply reactivate them without having to reset my phone. Didn't experience any issues or force closes after disabling these apps. The phone just runs fast and smooth.

I also manually added all apps that don't need to run and sync in the background to "sleeping apps" or "deep sleeping apps" under Battery -> Power Management.

My other settings: GPS on, Wifi on, Wifi Calling on, Auto Rotate on, Dark Mode on, 120hz on (also tried the 96hz option, but wanted to stay with 120hz. But you can try 96hz to save around 6% battery per charge), AOD tap to show, Power Mode set to Optimised. That's about it.

As already mentioned, I'm more than happy with the phone and battery life now. Yesterday I had to recharge it at 4pm after unplugging it from the charger at 7am the day before and got to a total of 7:15 screen on time.

Just let me know if you need more details, I'm happy to help :)

AR Packages:
    com.samsung.android.ardrawing
    com.samsung.android.aremoji
    com.samsung.android.aremojieditor
    com.sec.android.mimage.avatarstickers
    com.samsung.android.arzone

Bixby Stuff:
    com.samsung.android.bixby.service
    com.samsung.android.visionintelligence
    com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
    com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy
    com.samsung.android.bixbyvision.framework
    com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup

Other packages:
    com.android.bookmarkprovider
    flipboard.boxer.app
    com.samsung.android.calendar
    com.samsung.android.livestickers
    com.facebook.services
    com.samsung.android.game.gamehome
    com.sec.android.emergencylauncher
    com.samsung.android.app.ledbackcover
    com.sec.android.cover.ledcover
    com.samsung.android.service.livedrawing
    com.microsoft.skydrive
    com.samsung.android.service.peoplestripe
    com.samsung.android.scloud
    com.samsung.android.app.spage
    com.samsung.android.app.sbrowseredge
    com.samsung.android.honeyboard (Samsung Keyboard - MAKE SURE TO INSTALL GBOARD BEFORE DISABLING THIS!!)
    com.samsung.android.kidsinstaller
    com.sec.spp.push
    com.samsung.android.svoiceime
    com.sec.android.easyMover.Agent
    com.samsung.android.beaconmanager
    com.swiftkey.swiftkeyconfigurator
    com.touchtype.swiftkey
    com.samsung.android.app.watchmanagerstub

There's a explanation available for all the Samsung processes here
    Hi there!
    After two "rounds" with OnePlus (6T and now 7T), I'd like to come back to a smaller form factor and a Samsung product: so the Galaxy S20 4G (Exynos variant) intrigues me a lot...
    Am I crazy to make the switch from my 7T?
    I'm particularly concerned about battery life: the 7T is not considered a "battery phone" but not an hungry one either, and with my current usage I rarely go below 40% at the end of the day...
    Should I expect similar results from a Galaxy S20?
    TIA and Ciao from Italy!

Hey Sergio,

Coming from a OnePlus 6T that I had used since its launch in October 2018, I switched to the regular S20 5G with the Snapdragon processor just three days ago - also because I wanted a smaller and especially lighter phone and got disappointed by OnePlus' strategy of big phones and now big prices.

I can say that with 120hz on, screen brightness set to auto and AOD on via tap to wake, I'm constantly getting more screen on time than on the OnePlus 6t! I also deactivated some Samsung apps that I don't use via ADB (e.g. Bixby).

On the first day of usage I got around 5:30 hours SOT, on the second day 6:15 and now after the third day 6:45 hours. The S20 is definitely learning how you use your phone and saves battery accordingly.

I'm definitely happy that I switched to the S20. I first wanted to go for the S10e due to the perfect form factor, which I had already bought for my wife, but was concerned because of the smaller battery (even with the Snapdragon variant). It turns out that she has a consistant SOT between 5 and 6 hours, but now I don't want to miss the 120hz on my S20 :) You can even squeeze out a little more SOT on the S20 with the 96hz mod.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers and stay healthy