FORUMS

The best eq audio for S20U

33 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By dariuxzy, Member on 7th May 2020, 09:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, I have a S20 Ultra and I had the pleasure of sharing my equalizer settings. I am an audio technician, and for me these settings are the best! Try doing the switch with "Custom" and "Normal". Let me know! If you want, set dolby atmos as "music".
(the first two bands are worth nothing, because the frequency range starts from 130hz) This setting also work with s20/s20+, since they have the same sound system. I recommend using these settings with high quality audio files, such as flac hires.


For the best eq, for stock akg headphones:
v1.0, see post #9;
v1.5, see post #16;
v2.0, see post #43 (wrong post)
v2.1, see post #46 (the best).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_145838.jpg
Views:	1034
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	5025515  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dariuxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariuxzy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 02:47 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

Hi guys, I had the pleasure of sharing my equalizer settings. I am an audio technician, and for me these settings are the best! Try doing the switch with "Custom" and "Normal". Let me know! If you want, set dolby atmos as "music".
(the first two bands are worth nothing, because the frequency range starts from 130hz)

Thanks for sharing. Will test later. Is this "best" for all around sound or specifically for the phone's speakers?
7th May 2020, 02:59 PM |#3  
minealex2244's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Baia Mare
Thanks Meter: 1,609
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

(the first two bands are worth nothing, because the frequency range starts from 130hz)

How do you know? 🤔 I was always wondering whether these 2 bands do something or not
7th May 2020, 04:55 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

Hi guys, I had the pleasure of sharing my equalizer settings. I am an audio technician, and for me these settings are the best! Try doing the switch with "Custom" and "Normal". Let me know! If you want, set dolby atmos as "music".
(the first two bands are worth nothing, because the frequency range starts from 130hz)

wondering if you can help i got sony heasphones using usb cable the prob im having is treble hurts my ear i have a dodgy eardrum could you send me equalizer settings dropping the treble and bit more bass thanks
7th May 2020, 05:19 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurien

Thanks for sharing. Will test later. Is this "best" for all around sound or specifically for the phone's speakers?

Only phone's speakers. These days I will also put the eq settings for the akg headphones given
The Following User Says Thank You to dariuxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariuxzy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 05:28 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

Only phone's speakers. These days I will also put the eq settings for the akg headphones given

Thanks for clarifying. I currently use B&o Bluetooth earbuds. But I still have the akg's laying around, so I can test when you post the settings.
7th May 2020, 05:36 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodainascoda

wondering if you can help i got sony heasphones using usb cable the prob im having is treble hurts my ear i have a dodgy eardrum could you send me equalizer settings dropping the treble and bit more bass thanks

Try this... set 8k -6
4k -5,
2k -6,
1k -8,
500 -7,
250 -5,
125 -4,
63 +1 or -1
I don't know if it will help you because I don't have headphones in front, if you have problems send me the precise model of the sony headphones. Disable Dolby Atmos
The Following User Says Thank You to dariuxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariuxzy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 05:40 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minealex2244

How do you know? 🤔 I was always wondering whether these 2 bands do something or not

the front speaker (the call speaker) produces the lowest frequencies, starting from 130Hz. Therefore the 125hz and 63hz do nothing
7th May 2020, 05:48 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurien

Thanks for clarifying. I currently use B&o Bluetooth earbuds. But I still have the akg's laying around, so I can test when you post the settings.

Try this configuration for AKG headphones, without dolby atmos activated, compare with "Normal" and "Custom", and let me know! I have to give it another look, so I don't assure you of anything, but you can very well try! (If you want less bass, 63hz -2)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Akg.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	5013775  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dariuxzy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dariuxzy Ad-Free
7th May 2020, 05:55 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

Try this configuration for AKG headphones, without dolby atmos activated, compare with "Normal" and "Custom", and let me know! I have to give it another look, so I don't assure you of anything, but you can very well try! (If you want less bass, 63hz -2)

Thanks. Will try when I get home and report back.
7th May 2020, 06:20 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariuxzy

Try this... set 8k -6
4k -5,
2k -6,
1k -8,
500 -7,
250 -5,
125 -4,
63 +1 or -1
I don't know if it will help you because I don't have headphones in front, if you have problems send me the precise model of the sony headphones. Disabile Dolby Atmos

cheers my friend ill try that tonight
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audio, equalize, s20, s20 ultra

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes