Genesis Theme [Synergy Theme] - Support & Feedback

Search This thread

andrewoid71

Oct 27, 2013
NYC
Are you the same person who emailed me? Turned out to be a dpi issue?
Yes I am, and thank you for helping me resolve that. The current issue I'm having is when I apply the theme and hit try it out within 10 minutes it goes back to Default because for some reason the second Dark Theme that need be applied does not download.

Negan

Recognized Themer/ Retired Forum Moderator
Yes I am, and thank you for helping me resolve that. The current issue I'm having is when I apply the theme and hit try it out within 10 minutes it goes back to Default because for some reason the second Dark Theme that need be applied does not download.
Clear cache and data in theme store and start over.

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Negan

no dice, I cleared cache and data and still every time I try to apply the secondary theme it says connection error can I download.
Maybe you need to do the adb command to fix first

adb shell pm uninstall com.samsung.Dream_A11y_lowvision
@djdarkknight96 is that the fix? I forget exactly what people who experience issues downloading hc need to do

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Negan

Hey man relax. Not everyone is online at the same time. Just because you don't get an answer right away. I worked from 7 am until 6 pm today, got home, had dinner and spent some time with my family and now have time to check in on things. So don't bring this type of response in here.

Now that we have that out of the way, help me help you.
It would be helpful if you would post a screenshot of your issue so I can see it.

Last edited:

Negan

How can I get dialer themed like in the pictures?

So there are a few pictures to choose. You would need to specify which one you wanted or include a screenshot. Also it seems you're having a lot of trouble. I'm going to recommend watching my long ass YouTube video explaining how to use and apply the theme. It also covers how to customize things.

Reactions: razen_kain

vedran1980

Apr 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So there are a few pictures to choose. You would need to specify which one you wanted or include a screenshot. Also it seems you're having a lot of trouble. I'm going to recommend watching my long ass YouTube video explaining how to use and apply the theme. It also covers how to customize things.
Good day,sorry for my words in treat. Was a little frustated. I took your advice,and watched a video tutorial. It worked. Tyvm once again.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:
Reactions: youngboymicky_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEfZTri.jpg

Hey everyone, this is Genesis. Genesis is a Synergy/Substratum style theme that is loaded with customization. You will find bright gradients and other colors throughout. There are several themes all in one which can be applied withing Synergy and Substratum lite. The opening dialog of the theme has several additional options like the photos button where you can see screenshots of different options as well as the highly recommended to watch YouTube video tutorial in which I talk way too much! It's several minutes of your life that you won't get back. But you will get some valuable information from it nonetheless.

I wanted to create this thread in order to give people a chance to get support and provide feedback to Genesis theme. There are other support channels available but honestly I prefer using XDA and from my experience with other devices and similar threads, I feel it is the best method and is a much more organized way to find information, search and look back at things. So here's the thing. The theme link is not to be posted nor is a link to Synergy as that's a violation of rule 11. However also in rule 11 it is permissible to utilize XDA as a support and feedback system which anyone who knows me from the LG forums will know that I am not only strict about keeping things this way but also see how valuable those threads have been to myself and other members. Those of you who may have followed any of my threads will understand that the threads are great for providing support and feedback.

So a bit of a back story for those of you who don't know me. I've been designing themes for several years dating back to the note 2 (those were absolutely terrible btw!) and then moved onto making Cyanogen mod themes and then I took a break and decided to give LG a whirl. I spent about 3 or 4 years making LG themes which are very similar to Samsung themes but have less restrictions out of box and allow you to theme pretty much anything. I've had virtually all the LG flagships and made probably at least 50 or 60 LG themes. Genesis was inspired by two themes in particular. Rain and Twilight theme. I'll continue to add things as time goes by and add more options. I do not rush things though so you won't be getting rushed updates. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so you can bank on the fact that when I push things out I will try to nail a lot of cool things for you.

Also unlike other themes I will most likely not be adding third party apps to it. If you see third party apps in the theme it is likely just the app icon included. The reason is simple. I've used many themes that have included third party apps and it's great to use. But when these apps update which can be frequently it can often break the overlay which then renders the theme unusable. I made a theme for LG once called Alpha and included tons of third party apps. what I found was that all these third party apps kept updating and each time it would take me a few days to fix it and then submit the update. Then the next day 5 more apps would update. I found myself always chasing app updates which took all of my time and given I was so consumed with fixing app updates it took all of my time from me and I wasn't able to focus on improving the theme whatsoever. I can't do that again. it's exhausting and I don't think it's fair to people who use the theme with hopes of it being maintained or improved. I do tip my hat to those who endure this type of torture and constantly work on updating third party apps. You guys are soldiers and deserve a lot of credit for doing what you do. So what you can do is mix and match elements from different themes. So for example if you want to have gmail themed from Sprite, Valerie or Domination and use system elements from Genesis you can do that just fine! In fact I recommend those three themes. All three are made by good friends of mine who are absolutely brilliant and very talented designers. That's what I do and it works just fine!

So here's the way we do things here. First let's have fun. After all XDA is supposed to be all about us and our fun hobby of tinkering and customization. Don't be a jerk to other members out here. For real that doesn't fly. Please don't link to the theme or synergy on google play. The thread is not here to direct them to it, it's for support and feedback and we'll say a bit of fun. Which means some OT is fine provided it's not too ridiculous. I mean if you have a great meme that's not too offensive I'm all for posting them and having some fun. As long as you're respectful it's all good. If you don't like the theme that's ok, just scroll on by as it's not going to suit everyone's style. Maybe someone else's theme works better for you or you're all about Hex which is also very cool. Speaking of which I don't want people to get into a war over which theme system is better as they both have their advantages and both are terrific theme systems. You can make some requests and or suggestions. However no promises on if they will be implemented or not. However if someone comes up with a great idea I'm humble enough to take the feedback and sometimes I can implement it! Also feel free to post screenshots of your setup. Since there are many customization options it's fun to see the creative combinations some people can come up with. This is highly recommended and encouraged.

Thanks and I hope you all enjoy Genesis. It's where it begins...
    Nope,have nothing cracked on my device .. [emoji848]

S20U-Exynos

Aptoide is my guess
    @Negan. Well done my friend! Looks great! :good::laugh:
    What's the font used on the promo picture (looks like google product sans)?

Is it available within the app theme?
    Its Samsung sans actually