FORUMS

PSA: Enable Gesture Nav with 3rd Party Launchers (Nova, LawnChair, etc)

143 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By chris5h, Senior Member on 7th March 2020, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
FYI if you run the following command in ADB setting a 3rd party launcher as the default, it will switch back to Gesture Nav.

Code:
adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
I love Nova and this works great for me.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/c...ort=confidence
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5h For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5h Ad-Free
7th March 2020, 08:15 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5h

FYI if you run the following command in ADB setting a 3rd party launcher as the default, it will switch back to Gesture Nav.

Code:
adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
I love Nova and this works great for me.

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/c...ort=confidence

Did you get the gestures working like swipe up, swipe left, swipe right. When i did it a few days ago it was 3 place to swipe from the bottom.
8th March 2020, 06:54 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danon.brown

Did you get the gestures working like swipe up, swipe left, swipe right. When i did it a few days ago it was 3 place to swipe from the bottom.

You need to set the navigation bar to Navigation Buttons while doing the adb command: adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
8th March 2020, 10:22 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaraqsho

You need to set the navigation bar to Navigation Buttons while doing the adb command: adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

Can you post a SS of you navigation bar menu screen? Also what launcher are you using?

nevermind it seems to be working now. However it does not stick after rebooting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200308-125811_Settings.jpg
Views:	1872
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	4967075  
8th March 2020, 11:01 PM |#5  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 31

More
this actually removes the Android 10 navigation even if you revert back to One UI, do not use.
12th March 2020, 12:30 AM |#6  
Flag Rhode Island
Thanks Meter: 66

More
has anyone figured out how to get this working?
26th March 2020, 09:37 PM |#7  
Flag Chemnitz
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Actually dont use this, the stock android 10 gestures wont work properly.
You can enable the samsung nav bar again with: .\adb shell cmd overlay disable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural
28th March 2020, 11:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 575

More
Can someone clear this up a bit for me? Specifically what gestures won't work on third party launchers? You mean the pulling up from the corners to bring up GA and swiping from left and right of the display to go back?
1st April 2020, 06:26 AM |#9  
Flag Lahaina
Thanks Meter: 493

More
I'm using lawn chair v2 now. Had nova prime installed earlier. So what I use is the gestures that Samsung allows, home swipe,recents and back. I install vivid gestures to get the back swipe in the sides. Works fine for me
5th April 2020, 05:28 AM |#10  
Flag Lahaina
Thanks Meter: 493

More
What if I use this and use vivid gestures to replace the Android 10 gestures. Gonna try it

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

I can confirm after disabling the stock gestures and using vivid gestures works fine. Keeping it this way since I like the OnePlus gesture style

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Also, everything including touch feels way more responsive than what it currently was. Call me crazy but I love my phone even more now
27th June 2020, 10:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Funciona bastante bien. Muchas gracias!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)