[ROM] [7.1.2] [OFFICIAL] CarbonROM WEEKLIES [05/23] [d2att]

Search This thread

frap129

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2013
yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
frap129, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-05-24
Last Updated 2017-05-24

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
How to install:

- basic rom install steps...
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO

Reactions: aircooledbusses

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Oh man, who do we thank?

There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, Pure Nexus, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
Also thanks to Flash ROM and AOSPA for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running

Reactions: aircooledbusses

Chuckles5150

Oct 18, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Thank you. Been running this rom for a few hours, learning the ins and outs of it. I wish it would detect the sim card though. Any pointers on that would be appreciated. Again, thank you I'm looking forward to this rom!

Reactions: hollydenis

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
Wow!!...Carbon ROM is Back!!....Oh man gonna dld this right now! gotta see what you guys are up to now!

Sweet but no root!...Flashed latest SuperSu, but it didn't take??....Do I have to change FS?

Hmmm....I didn't use the Beans Gapps, used Open Gapps. Could that be the problem? will download and try now.

Last edited:

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Wow!!...Carbon ROM is Back!!....Oh man gonna dld this right now! gotta see what you guys are up to now!

Sweet but no root!...Flashed latest SuperSu, but it didn't take??....Do I have to change FS?

Hmmm....I didn't use the Beans Gapps, used Open Gapps. Could that be the problem? will download and try now.

Gapps shouldnt be the problem for root. I'm currently using magisk fine

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
Gapps shouldnt be the problem for root. I'm currently using magisk fine

Ok, Thought of it, but didn't think to use it at this preliminary stage. I 'd been using Magisk with some other ROMs, so maybe I'll try that then. Thanks for the ROM it's ...."Responsive" and thanks for the advice. Keep it up. I loved the KitKat version and still have a backup copy of it on sd. Awesome!

rmp5s

Sep 3, 2010
Just grabbed an AT&T SIII for my wife to use for a bit as her S6 Active died yesterday (water damage...after two years of baths, showers and pools...on an S6 Active...*sigh*) and am looking for a ROM to run as I had forgotten how much GARBAGE old Android devices came with. Will keep an eye on this as the SIM card is somewhat important. lol

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
Ok! So the latest weekly (20170530-0823)has solved the SIM Bug Although I haven't actually made a call yet, just downloaded it, dirty flashed and I realized that the I had sim recognition, did a check on my balance and that worked.
The previous Magisk Manager.zip I flashed on other ROMs doesn't seem to be working with this one and now that Magisk Manager has been removed from the Play Store the best way is to install XDA Labs and download it from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: danebling

frap129

Jan 6, 2013
Ok! So the latest weekly (20170530-0823)has solved the SIM Bug Although I haven't actually made a call yet, just downloaded it, dirty flashed and I realized that the I had sim recognition, did a check on my balance and that worked.
The previous Magisk Manager.zip I flashed on other ROMs doesn't seem to be working with this one and now that Magisk Manager has been removed from the Play Store the best way is to install XDA Labs and download it from there.
I'm still unsure about your magisk issue, as I'm using it just fine, but I'm glad to hear that the Sim bug has been fixed!

Been hoping carbon would come back, my favorite since droidx days....
We're back and better than ever!

Reactions: newbe1droidx

CoperaN

Aug 6, 2013
Bridgetown
I'm still unsure about your magisk issue, as I'm using it just fine, but I'm glad to hear that the Sim bug has been fixed!

We're back and better than ever!

Well regarding the 'Magisk issue'; for some reason, when I do certain tasks, in certain apps, I get the report that I have no Root! And I've also discovered that after reboot the same thing applies so I'm trying to isolate the culprit, could be an app! I've since installed Root Checker to make doubly sure as to the status of the device at all times, so I too am still unsure.

DEEV8

Jun 9, 2017
literally just obliterated my S7 so i pulled the S3 out of the desk drawer, of course running slower than paint drying, found this thread and cant believe its coming back and for the only phone i have available lol. going to flash this asap, im rooted on stock 4.4.2 kitkat atm. flashing as i type using flash fire:good::good::good:

Reactions: frap129

Bugly Astard

Feb 22, 2011
Salem, Oregon
This rom is awesome, very fast. I tested most functions, and the only real issue was the compass, which is way off and caused navigation to be wild, that's a deal breaker. It didn't recognize my titanium files on my ext sdcard, so I moved them to internal. The vanilla music didn't see my music by default, although poweramp did, manually selecting the folder in vanilla worked. I also didn't get root with no frills cpu, all other root apps worked tho. If the compass worked, I'd ditch intergalactic.. This rom is snappy and smooth as butter.

timmmah842

Mar 23, 2016
Another issue I have found is when I tried to video call on messenger can only see me on back camera and has no sound I turned on the permissions but still shows other person that my camera is off ... Just putting it out there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yNrqrPx.png

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Get CarbonROM
    GitHub
    Gerrit
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    frap129, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-05-24
    Last Updated 2017-05-24
    What is the purpose of the .md5sum file? Do I need to download it?

Its a checksum file for verifying the integrity of your download. The file should be tiny. While not absolutely necessary, verifying the md5 protects you from flashing a corrupt zip file.

You can check it manually. If you keep the zip and the md5 in the same folder, TWRP should verify the download integrity automatically when you go to flash it too.
    Which one of the roms from the site are you supposed to flash since I don't see any specific for S3 or d2att?

Try this link... These are in Archive Builds

https://basketbuild.com/devs/CarbonROM/.OLD/Nougat/d2att
    Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent rom! Been running this bad boy for the last two weeks and it's flawless so far. :good:
    How to install:

- basic rom install steps...
    - download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
    - boot into recovery of choice
    - wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
    - flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO