Can't find Bootloader & Modem

Search This thread
Oct 7, 2012

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
Hello,

Trying to install the custom ROM cyanogen mod 11.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682905

First time I ever attempt to flash a custom rom.

In the guide it asks to DL Bootloader & Modem. My baseband is:
I747MVLUFOB3
I can't find any baseband corresponding to this one.

Here I found a firmware that correspond to my base band.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SGH-I747M/
Not sure if it is useful...

Any way to install the custom room??

Cheers

Which variant of the galaxy s3 do you have? You should be able to flash any ROM compatible with your phone using TWRP or Phil touch recovery.

Oct 7, 2012
I have the i747m (rogers canada). I have TWRP 2.8.7.0 & rooted with Kingo root. Somehow it was the only way to root it. Tried Towel root & odin but both were doing nothing.
TWRP was installed a long time ago. I recently made an update on kies (what a mistake sign...). I was on 4.4.2 before and after the firmware update on kies.
I got a spare S3 motherboard (with cpu etc.) I might try on that one first but I need to disassemble & assemble everything... not very tempting.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
As you saw at sammobile, OB3 is the latest official release for the i747. You do not need to do anything to your baseband (modem) to run CM11. You may want to verify that your bootloader (firmware) matches the modem. This can be done from within TWRP. Go to the advanced menu and in the terminal enter
Code:
getprop ro.bootloader
You should get a return ending in OB3.

I suspect the CM 11 updater-script has not been updated to account for the just released OB3 firmware. If that is the case, you could always edit the script in the roms zip file.

Oct 7, 2012
@dawgdoc
When I entered the command, it returned me:
I747MVLUFOB3

Secondly, I have not tried to install CM11 (or the newer version CM12?). I do not know if it works. I just want to make sure I can flash and not brick my phone.
My phone is not the d2att (i747), it is d2can (i747m). I believe these two are very similar but enough different to cause problem.

So, can I install CM11 or 12?
You are talking about changing a zip file... The newb I am know how to do that, but what exactly - that he doesn't know. So I would rather not mess with that. I guess TWRP checks if the firmware of the bootloader / modem matches to those from a compatible list and simply updating that list would allow me to install the build?
I was thinking about this ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/development/unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-t2968854
Don't know the exact difference with the CM12 but it says d2can.
However, the BaNkS GAPPS - GAPPS link does not work... I don't know what that is.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
@dawgdoc
When I entered the command, it returned me:
I747MVLUFOB3

Secondly, I have not tried to install CM11 (or the newer version CM12?). I do not know if it works. I just want to make sure I can flash and not brick my phone.
My phone is not the d2att (i747), it is d2can (i747m). I believe these two are very similar but enough different to cause problem.

So, can I install CM11 or 12?
You are talking about changing a zip file... The newb I am know how to do that, but what exactly - that he doesn't know. So I would rather not mess with that. I guess TWRP checks if the firmware of the bootloader / modem matches to those from a compatible list and simply updating that list would allow me to install the build?
I was thinking about this ROM:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/development/unofficial-cyanogenmod-12-t2968854
Don't know the exact difference with the CM12 but it says d2can.
However, the BaNkS GAPPS - GAPPS link does not work... I don't know what that is.

The unofficial CM12 -5.1.1 by @matrixzone is good for the i747M, aka d2can. If you have any doubts, ask on that thread if it is updated to run on OB3? Matrixzone is active on the forums and should respond to your question. Also I just checked the updater-script for the latest CM11 official nightly and it is set up to run on the i747M.

So, either should run with no problems for you.

Chupacabra117

Nov 14, 2015
What is the bootloader and modem version needed and how do I get them without getting a locked bootloader? I'm on i747M with 4.1.1 Stock rom with DLK4 modem and bootloader. There are newer bootloaders and modems that can be flashed through recovery but some people have been getting bricks when messing with bootloader.

THey say to use Official firmwares to have it update the bootloaders but which one is the proper firmware version to get the proper bootloader and modem version to allow DATA 4g LTE after flashing CM12.1 Lollipop rom?

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
What is the bootloader and modem version needed and how do I get them without getting a locked bootloader? I'm on i747M with 4.1.1 Stock rom with DLK4 modem and bootloader. There are newer bootloaders and modems that can be flashed through recovery but some people have been getting bricks when messing with bootloader.

THey say to use Official firmwares to have it update the bootloaders but which one is the proper firmware version to get the proper bootloader and modem version to allow DATA 4g LTE after flashing CM12.1 Lollipop rom?

I see audit13 is helping you in the other thread, therefore I will not confuse things and also reply here.

Top Liked Posts