FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ALL NORTH AMERICAN (sgh-i747/m) galaxy s3 confirmed lollipop!!!

247 posts
Thanks Meter: 236

By Moiz Ahmed, Senior Member on 23rd February 2015, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
((((((((((((((((((((((So today I was on Samsung's Canadian website and decided to do a live chat with a representative about the S3 (SGH-I747M) and ask if the two year old handset will be updated to 4.4.4 or even 5.0.
I was shocked by what the rep told me: I've included screenies for proof that i am not lying go ahead and hold your S3s to the sky and bask in the glory of these wonderful screen shots.)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ABOVE IS OUT DATED INFO CHECK REPLY BELOW FOR MORE ACCURATE INFORMATION REGARDING THE LOLLIPOP UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY DEVICE INFO:
ROM: SAMSUNG STOCK KITKAT 4.4.2 FIRMWARE
BASEBAND: I747MVLUFNK2
BUILD NUMBER: KOT49H.I747MVLUFNK2
CARRIER: BELL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 conv.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	3180587   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 convo.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	3180588   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 convo.jpg
Views:	1378
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	3180589  

24th February 2015, 03:44 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag TORONTO

More
All sgh-i747/m users will recieve lollipop via ota!!!!!!
AT&T, Rogers, Bell Telus and all other carriers carrying the SGH-I747M GALAXY SIII will recieve the Lollipop 5.0 OTA Update directly from samsung. I have now confirmed for all North american s3 users...Proof available in the screenshot included.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SGH-I747M LOLLIPOP.JPG
Views:	1756
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	3181923  
26th February 2015, 07:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Even though there are rumors, I would take what the csr's say with a grain of salt.
The Following User Says Thank You to plastic_green_head For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift plastic_green_head Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 11:38 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,009

More
I gave my s3 to my niece and it would be nice to get 5.0 but it may be tough to see the difference between kk and 5.0 since both would be running touch wiz.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
26th February 2015, 09:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag TORONTO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

I gave my s3 to my niece and it would be nice to get 5.0 but it may be tough to see the difference between kk and 5.0 since both would be running touch wiz.

Yes but touch wiz right now is more cartoony and now that we know we are getting lollipop we could expect a more s5 like design but more lillipopised.
26th February 2015, 09:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag TORONTO

More
No more rumors or speculation
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_green_head

Even though there are rumors, I would take what the csr's say with a grain of salt.

They are not rumors anymore. I've given proof that all i747m will receive lollipop. I tried to confirm with Samsung US but they would not say anything but told me to wait and not believe any rumors that the s3 will no longer be supported. they also hinted that something is in the works, when Samsung Canada specifically confirmed that it will receive the update...only one conclusion: samsung US is keeping quiet about the update.
27th February 2015, 01:49 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,009

More
I had a Motorola Atrix HD and Motorola's tech support team and David Schuster of Motorola also said KK was coming to the Atrix HD and it never happened. Let's hope Samsung's CSR is right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
27th February 2015, 02:43 AM |#8  
Even if this is true, what about root?
27th February 2015, 03:25 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
You spoke with a csr who could tell you anything they'd like. Kinda like s csr telling me they were installing fiber optic for my building, that was 7 years ago. Until there is public word from Samsung, carriers, or until it starts actually rolling out..... It's still a rumor.
27th February 2015, 05:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 572

More
I also am a bit sceptical. That csr never said Google had yet sent the update to Samsung, he did not say that Samsung had received the update, nor did he say that Samsung had made their changes and sent the updates to the carriers. The csr gave a flow chart but did not state if the process had actually been started. Also, once the carrier receives the update from Samsung it can take months to get released, at least based on AT&Ts past history with my first device.
27th February 2015, 05:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
IF THEY RELEASE IT, we'll let you know! IF we decide to release it! Any day now!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i747m, kitkat, lollipop 5.0, ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)