FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to know the exact version or carrier because a custom ROM replaced it?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sCell_, Junior Member on 14th November 2016, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I747 sometimes restarts itself and gets stuck on the custom rom boot screen. I have tried multiple ROMs and multiple kernels by now but the problem persists. The only thing that gets it out is that I have to manually remove the battery and put it back in. Also sometimes the WiFi stops connecting and when I try to turn it off and on again, it gets stuck on "WiFi is turning on".

The only thing I want to do now is go back to the original firmware however the because I have a ROM installed, I don't know exactly what the VERSION (the version shown in the settings doesn't match any of these). I also don't remember the exact carrier. Can anyone help regarding this?

15th November 2016, 01:24 AM |#2  
Did you make a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM? If not, I suggest using ODIN to flash the stock NE4 firmware. You can find the NE4 4_file tar file thread in this forum.
15th November 2016, 10:28 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyJSG

Did you make a nandroid backup before installing the custom ROM? If not, I suggest using ODIN to flash the stock NE4 firmware. You can find the NE4 4_file tar file thread in this forum.

No backup at all. I was also thinking of the Odin way however as I mentioned in the post, I can't find a version of the software that matches that on the phone. I also don't know the phone carrier (it is from Canada i747m with 2gb RAM, thats all I know). Is it okay to just do any version of the firmware or do I need a specific version?
15th November 2016, 10:48 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,471

More
Boot into download mode and confirm the model # there.
16th November 2016, 11:52 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCell_

No backup at all. I was also thinking of the Odin way however as I mentioned in the post, I can't find a version of the software that matches that on the phone. I also don't know the phone carrier (it is from Canada i747m with 2gb RAM, thats all I know). Is it okay to just do any version of the firmware or do I need a specific version?

If it's an i747m then you need firmware for that model. Firmware for the i747 won't work on i747m.
28th November 2016, 03:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCell_

If it's a Canadian i747m, it may be a Telus, Bell, Rogers, AT@T, or SaskTel phone. Check the back --- oh wait, Telus doesn't have custom backs (I have a S3 from Telus).
It doesn't matter what VERSION, it matters what MODEL it's for. I could flash CM10 and it would run, BUT it has to be for the EXACT SAME DEVICE! (d2can if you wanted to know.)
28th November 2016, 07:42 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 4,471

More
Rogers, Telus, bell, fido, Koodo all use the same stock base rom with slight customization for each carrier. You can install the rogers rom to a Telus phone and bell phone. I've done this many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift audit13 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)