[ROM] [5.1] Samsung Galaxy S3 [d2att] [d2cri] [Nightly] LiquidSmooth Lollipop

538 posts
Thanks Meter: 377

By fenixus, Senior Member on 29th January 2015, 09:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Quote:

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.

We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

cameron581
cdub50
Cl3Kener
CPA-Poke
deadman96385
iiD4x
itsmikeramsay
Jarrid42
johnnyslt
jsnweitzel
liquid0624
mtb300gt
Ntemis
reginald476
rkpeterson
rwaempires
sandtod
Somber73
sspencer10ls
TheBr0ken
timpohladthomas

Code:
DPI Changer
Status Bar Settings
I'll update more features later on

CLICK HERE TO SHOW LIQUIDSMOOTH SOME LOVE
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to fenixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenixus Ad-Free

29th January 2015, 09:33 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
This is a beta build for the Samsung S3 (D2att)
Bugs:
Quote:

None so far

Samsung S3 (D2att) specific bugs:
Quote:

First boot takes a while just be patient
Signal takes a bit to turn on but does work

Install Instructions:

Quote:

First time installing LiquidSmooth to your Samsung S3 (D2att), or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you're running latest Recovery
- Copy GApps zip and Liquid ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash Liquid zip from internal SDCard
- Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
- Reboot
- Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fenixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenixus Ad-Free
29th January 2015, 09:36 PM |#3  
Flag Princeton
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The link is for Verizon, but the thread says at&t... Am I missing the correct link?
29th January 2015, 09:47 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB1970

The link is for Verizon, but the thread says at&t... Am I missing the correct link?

fixing links as we speak, we are using template for setting up threads
it should be good now.
The Following User Says Thank You to fenixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenixus Ad-Free
30th January 2015, 02:32 AM |#5  
Conway, SC
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Very nice! Flashed on top of slim lp....all looks good and all my apps working well.

As with other lp ROMs using open camera. Also with all lp ROMs I can't DL with stock browser..... Use chrome to DL.

Edit.,...stock camera seems to take pics OK.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to tallsilver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tallsilver Ad-Free
31st January 2015, 02:02 PM |#6  
Flag GTA
Thanks Meter: 1,409

More
Is this build different than mtb3000gt's build?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
31st January 2015, 04:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromgta

Is this build different than mtb3000gt's build?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nope. ferinxus is now an official maintainer he works with me and mtb3000gt😎👍

Sent from my SM-P600
The Following User Says Thank You to Orion116 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Orion116 Ad-Free
1st February 2015, 04:06 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
2015-01-31 ROM is up.
Main change is the kernel, we are now officially including BMS kernel in our d2 builds.

gapps package linked in this thread is Banks L Minimal, so be careful when you formerly used another one from 201411xx, please wipe cache before flashing ROM to avoid issues when switching gapps packages. Or just clean flash them.

EDIT:
oh, word of caution, we forgot to dial down the cpu clock in BMS kernel, so your phones will run 1.8GHz after flashing this ROM. Please go to Performance settings and dial it down to stock 1512MHz or whatever you prefer and check the box Apply on boot.

EDIT2:
Performance Settings Apply on Boot option doesn't seem to work yet, but you can use app like No-Frills CPU Control or Infamous Performance to achieve the same goal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fenixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenixus Ad-Free
2nd February 2015, 05:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Also, anybody still experiencing inconsistent baseband issues on d2att at this point, please try updating your modem/radio firmware to later one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898
3rd February 2015, 05:59 PM |#10  
Flag Durango
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Downloading this today!!
I know this is under development, and I'm not going to be using this as a daily driver - I won't even have a SIM in this phone, I just want to keep up on the android side of things. I've recently flashed the 10-27 and the 12-1 builds of 5.0 for d2att, and I'm noticing some LS features that I have loved in the past are not (yet) part of this LP LS ROM. Things like customizing status bar colors, adding battery bar, lockscreen customizations....etc. These are still being developed, yes? (NOT asking for eta, just hoping those are planned inclusions)

Even what is in there is stable (except camera, and that was already a known issue), Thanks for all your work on this ROM LS team!!

EDIT: Tried a dirty flash over LS 20141201 build, just stays on Boot animation. Reflashing clean with additional kernel flash as recommended....

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsilver

...with all lp ROMs I can't DL with stock browser.....

I used the stock browser on LS 4.0 Lollipop from 12-1-2014 to download this just now and it worked... I had to long-press the link and choose "open" for it to work, but it's downloaded... Flashing now...
The Following User Says Thank You to cannothas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cannothas Ad-Free
3rd February 2015, 06:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannothas

Downloading this today!!
I know this is under development, and I'm not going to be using this as a daily driver - I won't even have a SIM in this phone, I just want to keep up on the android side of things. I've recently flashed the 10-27 and the 12-1 builds of 5.0 for d2att, and I'm noticing some LS features that I have loved in the past are not (yet) part of this LP LS ROM. Things like customizing status bar colors, adding battery bar, lockscreen customizations....etc. These are still being developed, yes? (NOT asking for eta, just hoping those are planned inclusions)

Even what is in there is stable (except camera, and that was already a known issue), Thanks for all your work on this ROM LS team!!

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

I used the stock browser on LS 4.0 Lollipop from 12-1-2014 to download this just now and it worked... I had to long-press the link and choose "open" for it to work, but it's downloaded... Flashing now...

Yes, all LS features are in plans to get added later, for now it is still beta and except camera is pretty much fully functional ROM with some LS features already in there.

Mind that if flashing latest nightly, I advise you also reflash the kernel from zip package after ROM+gapps. Reason is that inline BMS kernel we used now has no limiter defined and will max out CPU OC to 1.8GHz on boot
BMS in zip package has the script to limit that to stock 1512MHz.

Bms zip package:
https://plus.google.com/107118581623...ts/ikHGi9VLUmM

Baseband on d2att should work without trouble, been working fine since December 1st first actually ...
The Following User Says Thank You to fenixus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fenixus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)