[ROM] [AOSP][5.1.1] SlimLP (D2GSM) Beta 0.13

Search This thread

VGMC0001

Jan 21, 2015
Winnipeg
SMS not working

After flashing, I noticed SMS wasn't working. I would go to send a text, and the message would not appear in the message thread after I hit send. The recipient would not receive the text. I tried a few different messaging apps and nothing worked.

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Do I have to flash supersu after flashing still? Also, texting doesn't work on the d2tmo build. When I send messages, I hit send and the message disappears.
No you don't need SuperSU. Just Enable Root under Dep Options like always. As to MMS, read on.
After flashing, I noticed MMS wasn't working. I would go to send a text, and the message would not appear in the message thread after I hit send. The recipient would not receive the text. I tried a few different messaging apps and nothing worked.
Please can you check to see if your APN is set correctly ? It so happens that on T-Mo, I always land with MetroPCS APN and I have to always change to T-Mo.

Reactions: sjamie

tdotdot

Dec 18, 2012
No you don't need SuperSU. Just Enable Root under Dep Options like always. As to MMS, read on.

Please can you check to see if your APN is set correctly ? It so happens that on T-Mo, I always land with MetroPCS APN and I have to always change to T-Mo.

APN is set fine here. I'm on wind. I also reinstalled and completely lost the signal. It was there for some time but vanished. I think it vanished after I texted. I'll restart and test again.

edit: well this is weird, i have a 3g and h+ signal, but it doesn't seem like any data or texting is going through. APN's are all fine.

Last edited:

VGMC0001

Jan 21, 2015
Winnipeg
Just tried SMS again, making sure APN was correct, it was. I discarded it anyway and made a new one to be sure. SMS still doesn't work, the message disappears after I hit send.

My data is forsure good.
Sorry, I meant to be saying SMS, not MMS.

Last edited:

nicklovell23

Dec 29, 2011
SMS issues is a known issue and it's being worked on. In the meantime some 3rd party apps and hangouts should work for texting.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
The Recents are not fixed yet. But There's some other customizations for QS Tiles & More importantly ability to get rid of the # Symbol is now in Developer Options. New Build Up.

Reactions: sjamie and Groot

VGMC0001

Jan 21, 2015
Winnipeg
I ran the new build this weekend, and it was quite successful. All the important things for me worked perfectly, Data/Wifi, Camera, phone, and SMS, yay.
Plus, could have just been me, but I thought it was running quite fast. Faster than other lollipop ROMS from what I've seen.
Such an improvement since last build.
Keep up the awesome work.

Last edited:

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Switching the camera back and forth between picture and video modes a few times crashes the camera. A reboot is required to use the camera again.

Last edited:

VGMC0001

Jan 21, 2015
Winnipeg
Other than recents, anything else not functioning quite right yet? Is this ROM your daily driver now? I've been loving SlimKat and might be ready to take the plunge. ;)

I had no issues with any of the features or functions that were in this ROM, except for the recents. There are still very few Slim options, but the core is running very, very smoothly.
I could easily have used this as my daily driver, however I"m going to wait for a bit longer to use it as that, I would like to see more Slim features first.

Reactions: sjamie

Punkgambit

May 13, 2011
apparent modem issue

Hi, hope anyone can point me in the right direction.

If been using slimroms for some time now and some months back while playing around a decided to install the NJ1 bootloader/modem and since that day i've been having signal and connection problem. i've read a few threads but haven found any information that can help me with out risking bricking the phone. i haven't try any other rom, only slimroms.

thanks for any help any of you can bring.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011

If been using slimroms for some time now and some months back while playing around a decided to install the NJ1 bootloader/modem and since that day i've been having signal and connection problem. i've read a few threads but haven found any information that can help me with out risking bricking the phone. i haven't try any other rom, only slimroms.

Most people report an increase in signal quality when updating to NJ1 firmware. Not sure what's happening in your case.

VGMC0001

Jan 21, 2015
Winnipeg

Are you using i747 or i747m? I have an i747m and was at NF2 and didn't have any issues like that. However, I also updated to OB1 not too long ago, and haven;t had any issues with that either. I found my firmware update on Sammobile(which seems to be down at the moment)
Secondly, try another lollipop ROm and see if the problem persists.
Thirdly, how long did you wait for before you decided you were getting signal drops? Data connectivity can sometimes take a little while to settle down when installing new ROMS.

Punkgambit

May 13, 2011
Are you using i747 or i747m? I have an i747m and was at NF2 and didn't have any issues like that. However, I also updated to OB1 not too long ago, and haven;t had any issues with that either. I found my firmware update on Sammobile(which seems to be down at the moment)
Secondly, try another lollipop ROm and see if the problem persists.
Thirdly, how long did you wait for before you decided you were getting signal drops? Data connectivity can sometimes take a little while to settle down when installing new ROMS.

1st. at&t I747
2nd. I'll try that. i'll also try going back to Slimkat and compare.
3rd. A few months, it was manageable but it increased with SlimLP, so i was waiting for a few updates before trying anything else.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be a little busy today so i'll post any update on what i found probably tomorrow.

Last edited:

Punkgambit

May 13, 2011
Hey Guys,

Here is an update on problem. I did a full wipe yesterday and installed Perseus Latest alpha, the first boot up gave me a blank base band on status and no signal at all. i wiped again and installed the ROM. after that apart from a little lost signal time in the morning the rest of the day had been a non issue one, I've been dialing from time to time and haven't seen any signal lost or no network available indications until now. i'll give it a few days and update again.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
So far, I'm in LOVE with this ROM and it is lightening quick! Everything is working including the ability to change camera storage to the sd card which is a major win. The only issue I've noticed is the keyboard takes a while to appear sometimes but it does eventually appear. Coming from SlimKat, I certainly miss features like long press back to kill and a Dark/Black theme. I'm about to go on a 3-hour drive so I'll test the signal, bluetooth, and GPS. Excellent work, @Perseus. I can't wait for the next release!

Note: This ROM is really too stable to call it an Alpha release! :cool:

Last edited:

MetalHead66

Dec 3, 2013
North Fort Myers
So far, I'm in LOVE with this ROM and it is lightening quick! Everything is working including the ability to change camera storage to the sd card which is a major win. The only issue I've noticed is the keyboard takes a while to appear sometimes but it does eventually appear. Coming from SlimKat, I certainly miss features like long press back to kill and a Dark/Black theme. I'm about to go on a 3-hour drive so I'll test the signal, bluetooth, and GPS. Excellent work, @Perseus. I can't wait for the next release!

Note: This ROM is really too stable to call it an Alpha release! :cool:

I'm gonna have to try this then. Is there no long press back button to kill in developer options? At the bottom? Or maybe that was KK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
I'm gonna have to try this then. Is there no long press back button to kill in developer options? At the bottom? Or maybe that was KK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If it is there, I just haven't found it yet. It was definitely there in SlimKat which has been my daily driver for a long time. I don't believe many Slim special features have been added yet. Definitely give this ROM a try. I'm the process of restoring all of my apps from TiBu to see if I can use this as my daily driver in its current condition. I think I can!!!

This white theme is growing on me but it can't even come close to the dark theme SlimKat and many other CM 12.1 ROMs have. I know it is just a matter of time before @Perseus adds it. I have to keep telling myself, "One step at a time..." LoL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimLPSplash.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems. The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code. All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.0 lollipop and offers the following original features:

Slim Dialer
    o A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.

Privacy guard
    o Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.

Slim Center
    o Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.

System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.

Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
    Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. – Customize it the way you like it.

SlimKernel Features -
    Now supports following Additional Governors

• Inelliactive - Authored by @Faux123
    • Intellidemand - Authored by @Faux123
    • Slim - Based on @Flar2 's ElementX Governor
    • SmartAssV2 - Authored by @Erasmux
    • Wheatley - Authored by @Ezekeel

It also supports following additional Schedulers.
    • BFQ
    • cfq
    • Deadline
    • Fifo
    • Fiops
    • Noop
    • Row
    • Sio
    • Vr
    • Zen

It also supports following TCP Congestion Algorithms.

• Bic
    • Cubic
    • Highspeed
    • Hybla
    • Illinois
    • Scalable
    • Vegas
    • Veno
    • Westwood
    • Yeah
    Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Official Downloads - Download the rom, For Gapps and other Addons head over to [GAPPS][5.1/5.0] Official Slim GApps & Custom GApps

My Unofficial Downloads - This is where you'd get most recent features, test builds and so on!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP] [D2ATT] Official SlimLP 5.1.1, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Perseus, slimroms, nicklovell23, tylog
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-11-16
    Current Beta Version: 0.13
    Beta Release Date: 2015-12-16

Created 2015-02-10
    Last Updated 2015-12-16
    Official Stable is out. 2 points to Note.

1. RRO Layers Support is back.
    2. SlimCenter is present. However The OTA Link will not work since Slim Build Host is not up yet.
    I was on Vacation and just getting back. Will be working on Dropping 5.x.x
    Another Build is up on my AFH. I cleaned up the download folder into 2 sub folders. Let me know if you have issues.