[ROM] [7.1.2] [OFFICIAL] CarbonROM WEEKLIES [05/23] [d2att]

1,392 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,146

By frap129, Inactive Recognized Developer on 24th May 2017, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Who's back? We're back.

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Get CarbonROM
GitHub
Gerrit
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
frap129, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-05-24
Last Updated 2017-05-24
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to frap129 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frap129 Ad-Free
24th May 2017, 06:39 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
How to install:
- basic rom install steps...
- download rom files (optional: gapps + root)
- boot into recovery of choice
- wipe data, cache, dalvik/art cache (data if from another rom)
- flash zips, reboot, feel the MOO
The Following User Says Thank You to frap129 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frap129 Ad-Free
24th May 2017, 06:39 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Oh man, who do we thank?
There are just so many roms out there that have been a part of the crafting of this project.
Big shout outs to AOKP, Dirty Unicorns, Pure Nexus, and all CarbonROM team members for the rom features.
Also thanks to Flash ROM and AOSPA for their changes that make the rom fly.
Thanks to all the donators who help keep servers running
The Following User Says Thank You to frap129 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frap129 Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 09:40 PM |#4  
Thank you. Been running this rom for a few hours, learning the ins and outs of it. I wish it would detect the sim card though. Any pointers on that would be appreciated. Again, thank you I'm looking forward to this rom!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckles5150 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chuckles5150 Ad-Free
27th May 2017, 04:36 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have also installed this ROM and love it but it doesn't detect sim
27th May 2017, 11:43 PM |#6  
Flag Bridgetown
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Wow!!...Carbon ROM is Back!!....Oh man gonna dld this right now! gotta see what you guys are up to now!

Sweet but no root!...Flashed latest SuperSu, but it didn't take??....Do I have to change FS?

Hmmm....I didn't use the Beans Gapps, used Open Gapps. Could that be the problem? will download and try now.
28th May 2017, 11:02 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoperaN

Wow!!...Carbon ROM is Back!!....Oh man gonna dld this right now! gotta see what you guys are up to now!

Sweet but no root!...Flashed latest SuperSu, but it didn't take??....Do I have to change FS?

Hmmm....I didn't use the Beans Gapps, used Open Gapps. Could that be the problem? will download and try now.

Gapps shouldnt be the problem for root. I'm currently using magisk fine
28th May 2017, 11:37 PM |#8  
Flag Bridgetown
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frap129

Gapps shouldnt be the problem for root. I'm currently using magisk fine

Ok, Thought of it, but didn't think to use it at this preliminary stage. I 'd been using Magisk with some other ROMs, so maybe I'll try that then. Thanks for the ROM it's ...."Responsive" and thanks for the advice. Keep it up. I loved the KitKat version and still have a backup copy of it on sd. Awesome!
29th May 2017, 12:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Is it reading sim card yet just curious
30th May 2017, 01:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
OMS Support?
30th May 2017, 10:45 PM |#11  

Donate to Me