[ROM][6.0.1][STABLE] LineageOS 13 for GT-I8190 [2017-01-29]

Search This thread

Gerii

Oct 29, 2016
Thanks for bringing CM 13 to the S3 mini. Unfortunately, the WiFi still cuts out frequently with the latest patch, even though I'm not using Greenify. Also, when connecting to a bluetooth speaker, the audio gets played faster than playing it with the inbuilt speaker.
Enabling encryption in the settings just causes the phone to reboot, but I guess that's a hardware limitation?

Master_TC

Unfortunately, the wifi connection is not satisfactory. As soon as the display is off, the wifi connection gets lost after short time.
I have also tried the wifi drivers from omni 5.1.1, unfortunately the same problem.
It seems like the system says: display is off, so wifi go off too....

3liteking148

Jul 22, 2016
Quezon City
Thanks for bringing CM 13 to the S3 mini. Unfortunately, the WiFi still cuts out frequently with the latest patch, even though I'm not using Greenify. Also, when connecting to a bluetooth speaker, the audio gets played faster than playing it with the inbuilt speaker.
Enabling encryption in the settings just causes the phone to reboot, but I guess that's a hardware limitation?
Wifi is still very buggy. I will look at the bluetooth issues but encryption won't probably ever work. Can you please try the possible workarounds i wrote below?

Unfortunately, the wifi connection is not satisfactory. As soon as the display is off, the wifi connection gets lost after short time.
I have also tried the wifi drivers from omni 5.1.1, unfortunately the same problem.
It seems like the system says: display is off, so wifi go off too....
- Try using the app "wifi keep alive" (link) and use workaround 1 and/or 3
- Or try enabling Use Legacy DHCP client in Developer options

and please report back if it works

Reactions: mauam

NowWired

May 18, 2016
perhaps help with non-working encryption

Howdy everyboby,

I keep on peeking in to this Thread once in a while. If the ROM runs stable i gonna use it. Thanks a lot for the work, mate. :):)

Hi Gerii,

I had the same trouble with a couple of different Custom ROMs . After doing some hacking on the Filesystem it finally worked to encrypt the Lollipop-ROM i choosed to use..
You could give it a try. If "the hack" does not work, you just loose a couple of KB on the Internal SD Filesystem.

More Details and a "walk through hack" :cowboy: can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-mini/help/encrypt-customrom-gt-i8190n-t3384273
Hope that helps.

Greetings.

Reactions: Gerii

Anonymous94

Aug 14, 2015
Hi guys, this is CM13 for GT-I8190 ported from this ROM for T599 by @Meticulus

WARNING: IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES, PLEASE BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE TESTING THIS! DON'T USE AS A DAILY DRIVER IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO BUGS

Flashing Instructions (first time use only):
Make a nandroid Backup (seriously)
Wipe System, Data, and Cache
Flash ROM
Flash Update 1
Flash Front Camera Fix
Flash Update 2
Flash Update 3
Flash Update 4
Flash GApps
Flash F-Kernel 5.x or else it wont boot (remove these lines from the updater script to make it flash or use modified f-kernel below) (not anymore)

To Flash an update just flash it in recovery and reboot back

What works:
Booting
Wifi
Wifi Hotspot
Bluetooth
MTP
Screen
RIL
Buttons
Sound (speaker, headphone jack, bluetooth audio, and microphone)
Camera (Pictures and Videos + Flash) [FLASH PATCHES AND USE OPEN CAMERA]
GPS
Sensors

Issues:
WiFi issues (auto-connect issues, wifi disconnects randomly, etc.)
FM Radio stuck on max volume (tested in Spirit Light app)
Bluetooth audio plays too fast
and more

Won't fix:
Battery Stats (kernel limitation)
Offline Charging

Tips for performance:
Install "Kernel Adiutor" then set cpu governor to abyssplug and set io scheduler to sio.
Set animation scales in developer options to 0.5x
Don't install "fake" cleaning apps such as Task Killers, Clean Master, DU Battery Saver, etc. (you know why)
Use Greenify to make phone even more smoother (and enable Agressive Doze to have doze mode in rom)
Clear the recent tasks list often to free CPU usage and memory.

F2FS ISNT SUPPORTED

Download Link (Fixed Updater-Script)
Update 1 (flash without wiping cache)
Camera Patch (front cam only) (flash without wiping cache)
Update 2 (flash without wiping cache)
Update 3 (flash without wiping cache)
Update 4 (flash without wiping cache)
Modified F-Kernel (to make rom boot) (not needed)

Credits to Meticulus, Novafusion, and other devs who worked hard to bring up cm for u8420 chipset
Additional credits to @Android-Andi for the kernel.

Note: I'm a high school student not a full time developer
What theme are you using in this picture?

mofft

Apr 9, 2016
Wifi is still very buggy. I will look at the bluetooth issues but encryption won't probably ever work. Can you please try the possible workarounds i wrote below?

- Try using the app "wifi keep alive" (link) and use workaround 1 and/or 3
- Or try enabling Use Legacy DHCP client in Developer options

and please report back if it works

I tried the "Use Legacy DHCP client" for some days, but sadly with no improvement. Also tried some recommendation, found in the web with no effect :(
I'm not sure, but i think the wifi connection was better before i flashed the 4th update (but with 3rd update the phone wasn't daily used ...)?

Update: forgot to say ... the accu run-time is good now ... 3 days in last session, 30% left ... for an 3 year old accu very good i think!

Last edited:

Mkkt Bkkt

Feb 13, 2015
OnePlus 9R
Yes updates will come but I don't experience force closes on Google play services so can you provide a logcat of the fc?

So I tried to get you a logcat but today when I re-flashed this ROM, everything is working as attended , no fs at all, maybe opengapps bug? I don't know :(

And miraculously WiFi is stable , no random disconnection... I attached a screenshot showing my WiFi uptime(4hours+ at moment) since I flashed the ROM.

More importantly thank you for bringing CM13 for us.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161107-002754.png
    Screenshot_20161107-002754.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: Cuzeg Spiked

starforsakenx

Nov 10, 2016
many thanks

I am so very excited about this MOD and whole thread in general! I can't wait for further updates, fixes and everything that could come. It runs well for now on my international galaxy s3 mini, would be glad to help with anything I can being bug reports or information, etc. I really love this MOD!
OP, thank YOU so much for your work and efforts! I hope you continue your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WIP CM14.1 FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED.

Hi guys, this is CyanogenMod 13 for GT-I8190 ported from this ROM for T599 by @Meticulus

WARNING: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES, PLEASE BACKUP EVERYTHING BEFORE TESTING THIS! DON'T USE AS A DAILY DRIVER IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO BUGS! ALSO, NO F2FS SUPPORT (YET)

Flashing Instructions (if coming from another rom or old CM13 builds before 11/22):
    • Make a nandroid Backup (seriously)
    • Wipe System, Data, and Cache
    • Flash ROM (TWRP 2.8+ recommended)
    • Flash GApps
    • Flash Keyboard Fix

To Flash an update just flash it in recovery and reboot back (and clear dalvik cache and cache) :)

What works:
    • Booting
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Bluetooth
    • MTP
    • Screen
    • RIL
    • Buttons
    • Sound (speaker, headphone jack, bluetooth audio, and microphone)
    • Camera (Taking Pictures and Videos)
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • Offline Charging
    • USB OTG (fully) (see this post)
    • FM Radio (use the li_131227.apk in this post)

Issues:
    • Screencast
    • Screenshot doesn't work in TWRP 3.0.2-0
    • And more

Tips for performance:
    • Install "Kernel Adiutor" or "No-frills CPU Control" then set cpu governor to abyssplug and set io scheduler to sio.
    • Set animation scales in developer options to 0.5x
    • Don't install "fake" cleaning apps such as Task Killers, Clean Master, DU Battery Saver, etc. (you know why)
    • Use Greenify to make phone even more smoother (and enable Agressive Doze to have doze mode in rom)
    • Clear the recent tasks list often to free CPU usage and memory.

NOTES:
    • F2FS isn't supported by the ROM
    • And neither is Adoptable Storage nor Encryption :(

Download Links:
    ROM
    Stable TWRP 3.0.2-0 build + source (based on NovaFusion + Android-Andi's sources) <- Flash with Heimdall/TWRP 3.x
    Keyboard FixKeyboard Fix (thanks @Master_TC)
    Gapps (use arm 6.0)

Device tree: https://github.com/3liteking148/android_device_samsung_golden
    Kernel: https://github.com/3liteking148/android_kernel_samsung_golden
    Vendor: https://github.com/3liteking148/android_vendor_samsung_golden

.repo/local_manifests/local_manifests.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
       <manifest>
         <project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" remote="github" path="external/stlport" revision="cm-13.0" />
         <project name="3liteking148/android_device_samsung_golden" path="device/samsung/golden" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0"/>
         <project name="3liteking148/android_kernel_samsung_golden" path="kernel/samsung/golden" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0"/>
         <project name="3liteking148/android_vendor_samsung_golden" path="vendor/samsung/golden" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0"/>
         <project name="3liteking148/android_hardware_u8500" path="hardware/u8500" remote="github" revision="master"/>
       </manifest>

Credits to Meticulus, Novafusion, and other devs who worked hard to bring up cm for u8420 chipset
    Additional credits to @Android-Andi for the kernel.

Note: I'm a high school student not a full time developer
    Updates for CM13 and CM14.1

Changelog for CM13:
    1. device tree cleanup
    2. fixed wifi autoconnection
    3. added audio.r_submix.default (fixes audiofx for speaker and fm radio (use li_131227.apk from this post))
    4. filename corrections on rootdir (samsungcodina --> samsunggolden)
    5. removed some patches (developer options default, advanced reboot menu default, etc.)

Changelog for CM14.1:
    • fixed Bootanimation
    • fixed Shutdown
    • fixed RIL
    • fixed Bluetooth

CM13 Download Link
    CM14.1 Download Link

About Android 7.1.1
    Can't repo sync yet unless I create the patches to the cm source or else I'll lose all the fixes there. But don't worry, It will happen soon and I will also release the sources soon.

P.S. won't make a thread for CM14.1 until I finish fixing most of the major issues like camera and wifi.
    New build:
    - possibly fixed autorotation (pls test)
    - removed audiofx (causing music player to crash), screencast app (doesn't work anyways), cmupdater (we don't need it).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634742332
    CM14.1 for GT-I8190 [PRE-ALPHA]

It's here. Just please don't use as a daily driver. I can't also work on this or be frequently active on the forums next week due to exams.

What works:
    • Booting
    • Screen
    • Sound
    • Sensors
    • Buttons

Issues/What doesn't work:
    • Camera
    • RIL
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • MTP
    • No Boot Animation (don't panic at the black screen after boot logo)
    • Shutdown (pull battery after vibration to shutdown phone)
    • This is an eng build so there might be red frames on the screen sometimes and more.
    • All CM14 bugs
    • And more bugs

Untested:
    • GPS
    • GApps

Download Link:
    ROM

Sources:
    Device Tree
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Files
    Modified android_system_core

Credits:
    @Meticulus - for cm13 bringup
    @ChronoMonochrome and SergeyL from 4pda - for patches
    @golden-guy - for kernel

Logcat while booting for reference
    New build with updated sources (now with lineage boot animation) and calls fixed. Music player and audiofx still broken though :(. Planning to fix the audio-related and sensor issues within 2-4 days :).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298925427