FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13 for Exhibit/Ace 2e [T599/N/V][METICULUS]

2,044 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,027

Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone, tablet or PMP.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
These are CM13 builds for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e (SGH-T599, SGH-T599N, SGH-T599V). It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

GPL:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="Meticulus/android_kernel_samsung_codina" path="kernel/samsung/codina" remote="cm" revision="mm"/>
</manifest>

Warning: Currently, this ROM is an Alpha build and is not stable for daily use.

Download meticulus.co.vu
Gapps: here
Note: For opengapps you must create a config : https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...ps-config-file
And in that file include the skipswypelibs keyword : https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...ibrary-setting
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th September 2016, 06:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
[QUOTE=Meticulus;68666147]CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone, tablet or PMP.

These are CM13 builds for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, and Samsung Galaxy Ace 2e (SGH-T599, SGH-T599N, SGH-T599V). It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

GPL:

Warning: Currently, this ROM is an Alpha build and is not stable for daily use.

Download meticulus.co.vu
Gapps: ???[/QUOT

Tried the release dated 20160912. Am using twrp 2.8.0.0.
Flashing just your ROM, things looked pretty good, but got energetic and tried both the pico and nano opengapps.
After installing either of the opengapps zips, the aosp keyboard was so unstable that I could not do any typing.
On my attempt to install ROM and pico gapps at the same time, I got stuck in a boot loop after becoming frustrated with the keyboard issue. Installing ROM rebooting and then going back into recovery, installing gapps and then rebooting, the keyboard failed but so subsequent boot loop.
Still things look promising, please keep up the good work.
If there is anything specific I can do that would provide you with useful information, please let me know.

Thanks again.
15th September 2016, 01:04 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzx

Tried the release dated 20160912. Am using twrp 2.8.0.0.
Flashing just your ROM, things looked pretty good, but got energetic and tried both the pico and nano opengapps.
After installing either of the opengapps zips, the aosp keyboard was so unstable that I could not do any typing.
On my attempt to install ROM and pico gapps at the same time, I got stuck in a boot loop after becoming frustrated with the keyboard issue. Installing ROM rebooting and then going back into recovery, installing gapps and then rebooting, the keyboard failed but so subsequent boot loop.
Still things look promising, please keep up the good work.
If there is anything specific I can do that would provide you with useful information, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Hmm... Although I have not tried any gapps, I did not expect any issues with them. I have just gotten used to running without gapps. I'll investigate and find gapps that work or fix one up to work..

Note: please do not quote the OP.
15th September 2016, 04:45 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Gapps: modified these not to install keyboard related stuff: SEE OP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2016, 05:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Haha..i think it can be installed on samsung s iii mini

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA-Developers mobile app
15th September 2016, 06:18 PM |#6  
Recognized Developer
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2,249

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

Gapps: modified these not to install keyboard related stuff:

please honor the license and don't mirror (variations of) the opengapps.org pre-built packages.
A better solution is btw to use a gapps-config with the skipswypelibs keyword: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...ibrary-setting
15th September 2016, 06:30 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahF

please honor the license and don't mirror (variations of) the opengapps.org pre-built packages.
A better solution is btw to use a gapps-config with the skipswypelibs keyword: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...ibrary-setting

My apologies, I can not correct this ATM but I will as soon as I can...
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2016, 02:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for the modified open gapps. Sorry for the trouble I caused.
I'll play around with trying to get the play store added to your release, as soon as my phone recharges. In trying the release, it seemed pretty good, but possibly a bit slow. Your 5.1 version is really very good indeed, fast and with excellent battery life. Please keep up the good work.
Hope I didn't quote things this time.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app
16th September 2016, 04:02 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzx

Thanks for the modified open gapps. Sorry for the trouble I caused.
I'll play around with trying to get the play store added to your release, as soon as my phone recharges. In trying the release, it seemed pretty good, but possibly a bit slow. Your 5.1 version is really very good indeed, fast and with excellent battery life. Please keep up the good work.
Hope I didn't quote things this time.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using XDA Free mobile app

It's not your fault... I was unaware of the licensing and I was rushing...
17th September 2016, 02:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Would it be possible to build this for the SGH-T399N?
17th September 2016, 06:30 AM |#11  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 611

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous94

Haha..i think it can be installed on samsung s iii mini

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I tried to port it to i8190 and managed to make it boot however its stuck on starting apps screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to 3liteking148 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3liteking148 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
codinalte, marshmallow, sgh-t599, sgh-t599n, sgh-t599v

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)