Thanks Meter: 32,309

Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2017, 02:01 PM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martialaw

Hi!
I recently switched from cm11 to los14 but it's no good. Sdcard appears multiple times and is buggy, overall performance is pretty Bad, button backlight does not light up on notifications (this sucks!)

Is this better?

Did u make a full clean install? I mean wiping system, cache, data, dalvik, internal memory?

8th August 2017, 02:25 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I sure did. Wiping everything except SD card. To which issue are you referring at? Performance? The phone surely struggles hard to keep up with animations and stuff. Also, 100MB left on system partition after LOS14+gapps mini (could not even install a bigger package than mini).

The thing with the SD card is really annoying. It appears as /sdcard but also as /storage/7037xxx (some more numbers) and /storage/sdcard aswell. Also, in the settings menu or explorer apps, the SD card appears twice. Actually, I cannot point Titanium to the correct path! The only path which seems to be the actual card is read-only. Major suckage this, and in fact unusable.

Well the main issue is that the back&menu keys don't light up if there is a missed call or message. This worked just fine in CM11. Is it still working in CM/LOS13?
8th August 2017, 07:31 PM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martialaw

I sure did. Wiping everything except SD card. To which issue are you referring at? Performance? The phone surely struggles hard to keep up with animations and stuff. Also, 100MB left on system partition after LOS14+gapps mini (could not even install a bigger package than mini).

The thing with the SD card is really annoying. It appears as /sdcard but also as /storage/7037xxx (some more numbers) and /storage/sdcard aswell. Also, in the settings menu or explorer apps, the SD card appears twice. Actually, I cannot point Titanium to the correct path! The only path which seems to be the actual card is read-only. Major suckage this, and in fact unusable.

Well the main issue is that the back&menu keys don't light up if there is a missed call or message. This worked just fine in CM11. Is it still working in CM/LOS13?

Lineage 13 or 14, 13 goes smoother, but 14 is well too. I can only speak for me.. I installed lineage 13 and 14 without gapps, i use microg, i dont have lag or reboots, in 13 system goes very very smooth. And in 14 i have good performance.

Since lineage 13, sdcard appears as u said, /storagd/xxx-numbers here. is normal is not duplicated. I dont test the problem with keys u referred cuz for battery porpouses i always deactivate them. In my system i always have more than 300 mb of ram free.

Like i said, i dont use gapps, i use microg, only google services i use is contact sync, calendar. Playstore and sometimes i install gmail.
9th August 2017, 09:41 AM |#344  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Okay so I spent another evening with that phone.

The issues with the SD card are gone now. For some reason, that card had 2 partitions on it, plus I found out Titanium needs to access the card over that other storage access mode (forgot the name, but not the regular one).

Now it runs los13 and it is perfectly smooth. los14 on the other hand was very slow, very laggy.
So wifey is quite happy with the phone now, but sadly, those key backlights still don't light up on new messages when the screen is off.
10th August 2017, 05:18 PM |#345  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Error with the download
Hi, the odin's download of this version is just 369 B

Screenshot: i.imgur.com/t51epoQ.png

Or you can see in Novafusion directly: 3.get.novafusion.pl/?id=1801
12th August 2017, 01:58 AM |#346  

More
My root access says ADB only. I want to root it please help
12th August 2017, 03:28 PM |#347  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 6,015

Donate to Me
More
Flash the Lineage su add-on zip from official Lineage website

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mardon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mardon Ad-Free
12th November 2017, 03:19 PM |#348  

More
This is still my favourite ROM for battery usage as I use it as my 2nd phone and it does not drain when I turn phone off (sometimes used in traveling for few days). I have tried many [ROM] [7.x.x] LineageOS 14.x but could not find any upto this date that did not immediately drain battery within day or so when turned off. I turn it off to save battery! That for me is important. Also I like the battery loading icon (when turned off and you connect loader, also this version imho correctly doesn't turn on when phone is off when you connect loader) so loading looks a bit nicer graphically than with newer LineageOS. It's a bit personal preferences but this one works for me so thanks for this one.
28th February 2018, 05:53 PM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
This commit by @golden-guy fixes network type switching issue. I have tried Maclaw's 5.1.1, 6.0.1, and 7.1.2 and found the issue in each. The commit should fix them.

Edit 1:
The setMobileDataEnabled() method had been removed from ConnectivityManager since Lollipop.

Following code fixes the network type switch (from settings and *#*#4636#*#*), however it causes FC if network type is switched from System > Profiles. Just in case someone want to try it, copy attached file into /system/framework.
Code:
private void setMobileDataEnabled(Context context, boolean enabled) {
    try {
        TelephonyManager tm = (TelephonyManager) context.getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE);
        tm.setDataEnabled(enabled);
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
}
Edit 2:
This fixes network switch from System Profiles. No more FC.
Code:
@Override
public void handleMessage(Message msg) {
    switch(msg.what) {
        //networktype was set, now we can enable the dataconnection again
        case MESSAGE_SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE:
            //ConnectivityManager cm =
            //    (ConnectivityManager)mContext.getSystemService(Context.CONNECTIVITY_SERVICE);

Rlog.d(RILJ_LOG_TAG, "preferred NetworkType set upping Mobile Dataconnection");
            setMobileDataEnabled(mContext, true);
            if (mNetworktypeResponse != null) {
                //everything done now call back that we have set the networktype
                AsyncResult.forMessage(mNetworktypeResponse, null, null);
                mNetworktypeResponse.sendToTarget();
                mNetworktypeResponse = null;
            }
        break;
        default:
            throw new RuntimeException("unexpected event not handled");
    }
}
Attached Files
File Type: jar telephony-common.jar - [Click for QR Code] (798.7 KB, 44 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandayugana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mandayugana Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 11:59 PM |#350  
Flag Tecate, Baja California
Thanks Meter: 343

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandayugana

This commit by @golden-guy fixes network type switching issue. I have tried Maclaw's 5.1.1, 6.0.1, and 7.1.2 and found the issue in each. The commit should fix them.

Edit 1:
The setMobileDataEnabled() method had been removed from ConnectivityManager since Lollipop.

Following code fixes the network type switch (from settings and *#*#4636#*#*), however it causes FC if network type is switched from System > Profiles. Just in case someone want to try it, copy attached file into /system/framework.

Code:
private void setMobileDataEnabled(Context context, boolean enabled) {
    try {
        TelephonyManager tm = (TelephonyManager) context.getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE);
        tm.setDataEnabled(enabled);
    } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
}
Edit 2:
This fixes network switch from System Profiles. No more FC.
Code:
@Override
public void handleMessage(Message msg) {
    switch(msg.what) {
        //networktype was set, now we can enable the dataconnection again
        case MESSAGE_SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE:
            //ConnectivityManager cm =
            //    (ConnectivityManager)mContext.getSystemService(Context.CONNECTIVITY_SERVICE);

Rlog.d(RILJ_LOG_TAG, "preferred NetworkType set upping Mobile Dataconnection");
            setMobileDataEnabled(mContext, true);
            if (mNetworktypeResponse != null) {
                //everything done now call back that we have set the networktype
                AsyncResult.forMessage(mNetworktypeResponse, null, null);
                mNetworktypeResponse.sendToTarget();
                mNetworktypeResponse = null;
            }
        break;
        default:
            throw new RuntimeException("unexpected event not handled");
    }
}

Thanx mate will try
4th July 2018, 08:55 AM |#351  
EL-DORADO