FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for S3NEO

690 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,463

By Thargorsson, Senior Member on 22nd September 2019, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there,
If you haven't heard it already, we have official support now and Q is coming too.

links:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s3ve3gjv
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s3ve3gxx

credits:
francescodario
me
LineageOS
Klte dev team (you guys rock)

Sources: http://www.github.com/LineageOS/andr...msung_s3ve3gxx
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Thargorsson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thargorsson Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 09:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
That's great. I will be your beta tester soon!
25th September 2019, 10:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Tested, works really well! Good job! Even the battery usage is great. It's smoother compared to 7.1.

As it's pointed out, Gapps breaks RIL. Everything else works except radio and offline charging. Installed Aurora Store and I'm pretty happy with it.

Things I tested:
☑ RIL
☑ Camera Front/Back
☑ Video Recording
☑ Bluetooth
☑ WiFi
☑ Sound
☑ GPS
☑ Calls
☒ Offline Charging, it loops.
☒ Radio, phone freezes.
The Following User Says Thank You to notfood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift notfood Ad-Free
26th September 2019, 06:16 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
@notfood
I can confirm your tests, but can you please test Videorecording with 1080p. For me the Video Quality (only with 1080p!) is low, becouse there are randomly White lines from the left to the right in the Video. (Like in all builds after 08/2018)
26th September 2019, 09:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humaxxx

@notfood
I can confirm your tests, but can you please test Videorecording with 1080p. For me the Video Quality (only with 1080p!) is low, becouse there are randomly White lines from the left to the right in the Video. (Like in all builds after 08/2018)

I see the white lines, they're sporadic but they're there only with 1080p.
26th September 2019, 01:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
HI
My findings so far: All things mentioned above are working for me as well, but with some exceptions:
GPS finds plenty of satelites, but doesn't snap in ( no position..).
Battery- charging freezes once, I had to reboot to go on.
In Whatsapp recorded video-sequences aren't playable ( frozen screen or artefacts..)
I couldn't find any menue to choose the touchscreen - triangles for moving the cursor in a text document.
I'm looking forward the next Version....
27th September 2019, 01:26 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just tested this rom on my GT-I9301I for an hour or so and i have to say that auto-rotation doesn't work sometimes, also i don't know what exactly RIL is but i installed the gapps aroma (customized) and didn't realize any issue related to gapps until now, and also i got a new phone recently so the old phone doesn't have a sim card anymore, and i don't plan to put one on my GT-I9301I, so my old phone is somewhat like a test device now, i have tried some custom roms before but i didn't like them too much, this one doesn't look bad, except i wish you could do something about offline charging.
27th September 2019, 11:43 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Error: this package is for device
Thank you for your contribution! I tried to flash it to my GT-I9301I with the help of TWRP 2.8.5.0 (I know its old, is there a better approach?). Before flashing i wiped everything, now when I try to install it from the sdcard it fails with the Error "E3004: This package is for device: s3ve3g, s3ve3gds, s3veg3gjv; this device is ." What am I doing wrong? Why is the installer not recognizing my device?
27th September 2019, 12:53 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koksnuss

Thank you for your contribution! I tried to flash it to my GT-I9301I with the help of TWRP 2.8.5.0 (I know its old, is there a better approach?). Before flashing i wiped everything, now when I try to install it from the sdcard it fails with the Error "E3004: This package is for device: s3ve3g, s3ve3gds, s3veg3gjv; this device is ." What am I doing wrong? Why is the installer not recognizing my device?

You have to use a newer Version of TWRP:
https://dl.twrp.me/s3ve3g/
27th September 2019, 05:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I know this is only for the single sim variant, but would this work on a duos without ril at least? I don't really need ril that much right now.
27th September 2019, 07:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaadiBooti

I know this is only for the single sim variant, but would this work on a duos without ril at least? I don't really need ril that much right now.

I would also like to try it, even with a single SIM running. If I remember correctly, in the build.prop there was a line that managed to enable and vice versa the second port. I don't know if the method will continue to work and if so, it will be functional.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatz106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beatz106 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lineageos, pie, rom, s3neo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)