ROM New Unofficial Lineage 14.1 d2spr WhenICanlies 4-10-18

Search This thread

ertpecs

Dec 22, 2013
I've been flashing different ROM combinations for the past several days. Can never get anything besides 3g. Tried my restore nandroid from 20180410 with and without apn fix; no joy. I'm beginning the think the problem is purely in the Ting apns. Actually I'm beginning to think I have no idea what's really going on. I've been eyeing up SGS6's online....all this flashing makes me feel this phone just wants to be an mp3 player.

To circle back around, I put stock back onto the phone (NJ2) and was able to get 1x, 3g, and LTE. Put Wicked S5 Experience and got the same. Then did complete wipe to the latest lineage unofficial no matter what I do with apns it seems I only get 1x or 3g. I'm feeling very alone with my S3. Sigh.

S3...you've served me well for 6+ years but....I'm beginning to hate you.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Because I'm a little masochistic and because I can tell you all are riveted; something interesting happened. I just went back to stock and LTE was broken! Had to set to 3g and restart to be able to do PRL update and Profile update. Profile update fixed the LTE. Hmm.... That means something I did in Lineage OS broke LTE when I went back to stock. How could that be?
Just fyi. I have a s6 active that's stock that I use for recording gpx files while walking the dog or riding one of my bikes. It's completely locked down, so there isn't any roms for it, and IIRC there isn't even a way to root it.

knoober

Mar 30, 2014
Seems like there is still some action here so I will make a quick-ish post.
1st) Flashed your last build but I didnt have any sound or bluetooth. Possibly because mine is an L710T and not an L710 (poor planning/reading on my part). Back to stock for now so no worries, just wondering if you have any insight. TIA

2nd) I decided to try building Lineage 14.1 from the instructions on the lineage wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d2spr/build) to see if that was would help. My build didnt even get to the lineage flash screen and was roughly 5mb fatter than yours. I was wondering if you could offer any insight there as to what tweaks you made to your build so I might study the differences. Again, TIA

Edit: OP is too old to hit thanks on or what? No thanks button that I could see. Well I tried :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Death_Gun

Osorio1798

Seems like there is still some action here so I will make a quick-ish post.
1st) Flashed your last build but I didnt have any sound or bluetooth. Possibly because mine is an L710T and not an L710 (poor planning/reading on my part). Back to stock for now so no worries, just wondering if you have any insight. TIA

2nd) I decided to try building Lineage 14.1 from the instructions on the lineage wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/d2spr/build) to see if that was would help. My build didnt even get to the lineage flash screen and was roughly 5mb fatter than yours. I was wondering if you could offer any insight there as to what tweaks you made to your build so I might study the differences. Again, TIA

Edit: OP is too old to hit thanks on or what? No thanks button that I could see. Well I tried :D
Install D2refreshspr builds

Reactions: knoober

knoober

Mar 30, 2014
Install D2refreshspr builds

TWRP wont flash d2refreshspr builds, says my device is a d2spr. So I guess I didn't have a model mismatch after all. or maybe I've got the wrong TWRP. I couldn't find one here that had a live link so I had to get one from twrp.me and I know that sometimes the repacks here on xda have some sort of voodoo in them that makes them work better than the official versions.

I also flashed the second to last version from the OP and that one had similar problems. No sound, but bluetooth did connect this time, however the sound was terrible. I tried the fix listed at the end of the post and it didnt help either. I might head back one more version and see what I get there. I should probably say also, that this device is not intended to have a data connection. All I need is wifi and bluetooth and it will work for what my intentions.

Edit: Moving back a build to 20190507 didnt make magic happen either.

Last edited:

JakeG1984

Aug 14, 2006
Hudson, WI
Hey All - Successful Re-flash on RedPocket Mobile

Hey all, thought I'd communicate a success on this ROM for my son's phone on a new MVNO RedPocket Mobile.
RedPocket took forever to push the right buttons on there end to get LTE to finally go.
Sequence ended up being this:
Flash Stock L710VPUDNJ2_L710SPRDNJ2_SPR from here using Odin 3.09: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-sprint/development/stock-l710vpudnj2-pc-odin-flashable-t3007847
Then immediately flashed TWRP 3.1.1
Tried to activate to no avail.
Flashed S5 Experience from here usting twrp 3.1.1: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-sprint/development/rom-wicked-s5-xperience-t2983340

Activation was a success but ended up having to do 1-6 below with the RedPocket rep on support chat pushing buttons on his end:
1. Power up the device and make sure the device is on the Sprint network (not roaming)
2. Dial ##SCRTN# (72786)
3. Device will either reboot automatically or will ask you to enter OK
4. Device will reboot and should enter Hands Free Activation within 5 Minutes
5. Follow prompts by pressing OK during Hands Free Activation when asking for approval updating device settings.
6. Device may reboot for a second time once hands free activation has completed

Waited....Rebooted a couple times.... and viola LTE (4G)

Then flashed 10-13-19 build from this thread.

Booted - no LTE

Went to APN settings and selected the Sprint LTE Internet from the list and edited the APN to be: n.r6.ispsn
and MMSC: http://mms.plspictures.com

Below is someone else's sprint RedPocket apn settings but I did not need to fill in the username as he did below.
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67235416&postcount=14

I thought this was worth posting because it took me a good 2hrs to find that RedPocket Sprint APN post, the best part is that I GUESSED the correct APN right as I found that post. It was eerie.

Now I forgot to flash any gapps - hopefully that wasn't a component of the success because I meant to flash it.

I'll update you if flashing gapps then causes issues.

Thanks!

-Update
Wiped data/cache/dalvik- installed Gapps Pico from today (Feb 7 2020) using TWRP - wipe cache again just because
Restart
Re-adjust the APN settings - boom instant LTE
LTE works - mms works - calls work - wifi works - camera works

The weird thing is, this is the phone I had several threads back that wouldn't give me LTE FOR THE LIFE OF ME (on ting). Perhaps flashing to a different stock helped this go around.

Last edited:

darkv0id29

Feb 8, 2020
Hey I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully built a rom based on oreo for the d2spr galaxy s3. All the new versions of android i found the roms are only compatable with the i9300. Hoping someone could help me out please.

JakeG1984

Aug 14, 2006
Hudson, WI
Hey I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully built a rom based on oreo for the d2spr galaxy s3. All the new versions of android i found the roms are only compatable with the i9300. Hoping someone could help me out please.

Don't think so. I've been watching. Thought about building it myself but that'd be a huge time commitment I'm not willing to do. The guy over at one of the i9300 threads did say he'd consider building it for a different S3 motherboard if someone sent him a motherboard to test on, but that was an old post.

Death_Gun

Don't think so. I've been watching. Thought about building it myself but that'd be a huge time commitment I'm not willing to do. The guy over at one of the i9300 threads did say he'd consider building it for a different S3 motherboard if someone sent him a motherboard to test on, but that was an old post.
like me, I was thinking of building a rom based on lineageOS (I got tired of this build and I want new build like 9.0 or maybe 10), but I don't know if despite I'm studying computer science (4th semester).
but really I want a rom for this device

xdause

Jun 18, 2009
is there a twrp rom that can be flashed to update prl/profile or are you only able to odin it back to do that ?

EirikrHinnRauthi

I'm late to the party... but I DO have the ability to send him a phone... could you link me to the correct post?

Would love to send him d2spr and d2vzw to get some loveeeee. :)

EirikrHinnRauthi

what's a great idea, we don't want to leave this lovely phone.
even I still having this phone until either I found a stable rom or builing my own

It is still better in terms of camera and display than many low end phones today. This is WAY better than the J2 for example.

Would love to get like LineageOS 17.1 + the "Android Go" experience option for better performance!

alexenferman

Dec 7, 2019
Just as a by the way, we are working on LineageOS 16 for the d2att S3 at the moment. For now, it builds successfully, I have gotten as far as the second Splash Screen and Blue LED flashing. The logs reveal a Vendor or Graphics issues. I just need to fully update the tree and upgrade it to support LOS16 then we will have a somewhat functionnal LineageOS 16 for the device.

Here are the current sources: https://github.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-MSM8960

If a i9300 developer is open to get a Snapdragon D2 board then donate 15$ to them and ask them to buy a D2 board from Aliexpress.

chaseadam

Dec 28, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
Just as a by the way, we are working on LineageOS 16 for the d2att S3 at the moment. For now, it builds successfully, I have gotten as far as the second Splash Screen and Blue LED flashing. The logs reveal a Vendor or Graphics issues. I just need to fully update the tree and upgrade it to support LOS16 then we will have a somewhat functionnal LineageOS 16 for the device.

Here are the current sources: https://github.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-MSM8960

If a i9300 developer is open to get a Snapdragon D2 board then donate 15$ to them and ask them to buy a D2 board from Aliexpress.
Last I see is activity from April 4, 2021 in those repos. Further discussion in this thread (stalled in 2021) https://xdaforums.com/t/lineage-15-1-build.3793126

Top Liked Posts