[ROM][6.0.1][Official] Exodus Android 6 for d2spr Samsung S III LTE sprint

Search This thread

dogma421

Dec 4, 2016
Talked to Raja M , he thinks he'll be able to resolve this within the build level but is swamped with some stuff and just needs some time . He's working and taking care of a lot of roms . Might be a few builds on down the road before you see it implemented . He will be reviewing techdogs fix and yours as well xdause .

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed yet?
This is the only reason I haven't flashed this rom and the changelogs are empty when I open them.
Thanks and I love 5.1 so I'm sure 6 will be just as good.

Seattleweather

Oct 30, 2016
How to update profile.
Switch to Ting from R+, but could not make the phone work. Factory data reset did not help. How to update the profile with this Exodus firmware since there is no Settings > System updates > Firmware update?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Ph3ar.

Apr 16, 2016
How to update profile.
Switch to Ting from R+, but could not make the phone work. Factory data reset did not help. How to update the profile with this Exodus firmware since there is no Settings > System updates > Firmware update?
Thanks.

That's one of the pitfalls of custom roms , you can't update prl etc . You'll need to one click it back to stock . Re-provision the device . Best to just do a ##72786# which will wipe carrier data and bring up hands free activation . It will update your prl , profile etc and also let your gps work a time or two just to be in good shape and then you can throw custom recovery and supersu back on it and flash Exodus back on . I don't know of anyway around it and everybody has to do it . If you leave Ting and go somewhere else you'll have to do it all over again . It's a pita but it keeps you in practice . Hope this helps .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ABOUT:
    Team Exodus brings you EXODUS Rom, coded by professional level developers with additional support from the community, focusing on improved versions of common features and improvements found in the open-source community while bringing new, original improvements and coding with the highest standards.

INSTALLATION:
    • Take necessary backups
    • Be rooted w/ a custom recovery
    • Download EXODUS Rom & Gapps for your device and move them to your phone
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe (full wipe <exclude internal>if coming from another Rom)**
    • Flash the Rom
    • Flash the Gapps**
    • Reboot to System
    • Setup and Reboot System
    These directions are not necessary after the first install if you use the Exodus Updater, included in the ROM. It can notify you of updates, download, and install them for you automatically.

**This is automated if coming from a previous Exodus build (Dirty Flashing).

We recommend using our stock (preinstalled) kernel for best results and usage of all features!

SOURCES:

Exodus unofficial build:

Exodus official build will comes after some time:

GApps:
    • Any 6.0.x GApps of your choice

----- Advanced Developers/Users Section----
    Rom source:
    Kernel source: Gerrit code review system:
    COMMUNITY
    For additional support, info, and updates please join us in the official Google+ community:
    https://plus.google.com/communities/106801227383087889476

Crowdin project:
    Help us with translating to support your native language!

CREDITS:
    Thank you to all the members, contributors, and maintainers on the Exodus Android team.
    Please see our source for an unabridged list of contributions, authorship, and cherry-picks.

SUPPORT/DONATION:
    If you would like to thank us for our work or help in support server costs you can do so here:
    @Williamsss
    Primedirective (Team Leader / Project Owner / Server hosting)
    MartinRo (Project Owner / Server hosting)
    Raja. M (Senior Developer / Project Owner)
    Alex (Kernel Developer / Project Owner)
    Jorge (Developer / Overall Project )
    Adrian (Developer / Overall Project )
    &
    TEAMExodus Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Exodus Android for d2spr, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Raja.M, primedirective, TheCrazyLex, primedirective, Martin_Ro, williamsss,
    Source Code: http://github.com/TeamExodus

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod, AOSP, CAF Mixed

Version Information

Created 2016-04-13
    Last Updated 2016-04-13
    Awesome Raja ! Ive been testing it for a couple of days . Data 3G and LTE working , telephony , GPS . They changed base to more pure AOSP which took some time . My d2spr flies like never before . It also has layer support ( access in Exodus hamburger menu ) . If you wanna see what FAST means then give this rom a spin . It works great with banks dynamic and open gapps . Bear in mind it is a test build but it has some unique features . Be sure and benchmark your old rom before you flash so you can benchmark this one and compare .. Love the hamburger menu too ! Prepare to be amazed :good:

https://plus.google.com/112199061099928069499/posts/RffGjJY5mxW
    I hadn't noticed it, but since you asked, I tested it. I am able to start the hotspot and I can get a client to connect but the client has no Internet access. The phone does have Internet access. So, the routing does not seem to be working properly.

Anyone else having issues with the hotspot?

Edit: I also tested the USB tether. My computer gets an IP address from the phone, I can ping the phone's IP address, but that is it. No Internet connection.

I was able to get both hotspot and usb tethering working by using the fix in this post:
    https://android.stackexchange.com/q...ring-on-nexus-5-android-m-version-on-sprint-t

I needed to set the build.prop and ALSO the tether_dun_required setting.

Here are the instructions I used:
    After Android M (Mashmallow) Preview 3 -- You need to do the following to get tether / wifi hotspot to work:

1. On your Windows computer open up a terminal and type: adb shell
    2. In the terminal window, type: " su - " (check your phone to approve)
    3. echo "net.tethering.noprovisioning=true" >> /system/build.prop
    4. Run this command: content insert --uri content://settings/global --bind name:s:tether_dun_required --bind value:i:0
    5. Reboot

This worked for me.
    Many thanks to Raja! So far so good, good battery life and quite stable!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk