FaceTime alternative for ANDROID ?

Search This thread

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
So, I'm coming from an iPhone 4 with FaceTime.. What is the widely accepted alternative for Android? On my Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-mobile

I've tried a few, and they were all terrible. And that was over WIFI... I couldn't even imagine over mobile data.:p

MrWharfsnort

Dec 19, 2011
Google Hangouts work pretty well over data and wifi

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Raul77

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver
Skype or Tango.

unlike Facetime, they both work on 3G/LTE/Wifi and they are available on all Operating systems, from Android to PC/OSX.

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
I guess I should have mentioned, I need it to be compatible with iPhone's (an app ios can install I mean)

I've never heard of or seen Google hangout, I'll check that one.
QIK I completely forgot about - That used to be pretty good.
Skype I know is like the standard, and I think is pc->mobile device capable too??

THANKS - KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING PLEASE

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
plain old Google talk. There is no iPhone app from Google but it works well from www.Google.com/talk

I used gtalk on my sgs3 this weekend.with my wife using the aforementioned website on her iPhone just fine. It did not work as well when she used the vtalk ios app.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

e36eury

Jun 26, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Tango

My wife and I have been using Tango with her iPhone and my Razr Maxx (S3 on Wed). Works great, it is as seamless and easy to use as FaceTime, which is important with my wife being as useless technically as she is.

Reactions: sqwigy224

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
Tango?

I'm shocked to see so many people suggest Tango. I know its easy, and seamless integration and all, but the quality of the video and audio is SOOO BAD. At least the couple times we tried it.

e36eury

Jun 26, 2010
Fairfax, VA
And if she should ever read that I would say that someone stole access to my account and posted lies. Lol.

Re: quality, its not much different than Facetime. The video and audio are fine to me. No its not HD, but it is clear and works well.

Araltd

Jan 30, 2010
USA
And if she should ever read that I would say that someone stole access to my account and posted lies. Lol.
smiley-laughing024.gif

Re: quality, its not much different than Facetime. The video and audio are fine to me. No its not HD, but it is clear and works well.

I'll have to try it again, maybe I missed a quality setting or something.. it was just terrible last time. And to be clear, I don't think FaceTime is that great either, but its exactly as you said.. its clear, the audio is plenty audible, there is little to no lag or delay. It does what its suppose to do.

My experience with Tango was very opposite.

uplifted6

Mar 29, 2012
I really like tango. It has always worked well for me and you can use it on an iPhone as well.

Sent from my shiny white s3 tap tap!

MrWharfsnort

Dec 19, 2011
I totally forgot that Google Talk has it built in... plus I'm sure it works as well (video qualitywise) as doing a hangout on Google+

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tango

My wife and I have been using Tango with her iPhone and my Razr Maxx (S3 on Wed). Works great, it is as seamless and easy to use as FaceTime, which is important with my wife being as useless technically as she is.