Phone does not turn on or charge at all, no lights/samsung logo/vibration whatsoever

Search This thread
Jul 17, 2016
Here's some background if it will help: I've been trying to install cyanogenmod on my T999L, and at one point I needed to boot into TWRP recovery mode. I got TWRP from the Play Store but when I tried the vol up-home-power thing I did not see an option for booting into TWRP on the menu, so I got Quick Boot from the Play Store and tried to select recovery. When I did this the phone shut off and since then I have been unable to turn it on. I doubt it is a battery issue since I had approx. 50-60% battery left on the phone before it shut off, but I tried recharging it anyways and it will not charge. I am not very well versed in technology so advice would be appreciated.

I've tried vol up-home-power to boot into recovery but the phone doesn't turn on or respond at all. When plugged into the charger nothing turns on and no LED lights turn on either. I have not looked at the battery because I would rather not take the phone apart.

Am I screwed or is there anything else I should try?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Connect the phone to a windows computer. You see any new devices appear in device manager? What about a devices that us named something like qhusb?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
All I can think of is the possibility that an incorrect recovery was flashed to the phone and bricked the phone. The only way to revive the phone may be to fix it through a jtag service.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Most cell repair shops can jtag and the Samsung is a very popular phone. A local T-Mobile dealer may be able to fix it.

It may be cheaper to find a working phone with a smashed screen on your local classifieds.

Reactions: havingsomeissues

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The OP's phone is dead which means he cannot get into download mode.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most cell repair shops can jtag and the Samsung is a very popular phone. A local T-Mobile dealer may be able to fix it.

It may be cheaper to find a working phone with a smashed screen on your local classifieds.