Signal and data and failing

Search This thread

HUCCG

Jul 10, 2016
I loaded CM-13.0 nightly and have Been updating as the updates come but when I go to make a call it takes forever to go through and start ringing and sometimes it r just hangs up. The data keeps going from LTE to nothing and no SIM . I can't get mms either. Can someone tell me what to do.thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

wmzed

Jan 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9+
I loaded CM-13.0 nightly and have Been updating as the updates come but when I go to make a call it takes forever to go through and start ringing and sometimes it r just hangs up. The data keeps going from LTE to nothing and no SIM . I can't get mms either. Can someone tell me what to do.thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Same thing is happening to me. I've tried using OctOs M and now I am on PacRom 6.0.1 and I am having the same "No sim card" error. I can text and call, but no Data whatsoever.

Have you tried changing your APN settings for your network on your phone?

ratchetrizzo

Jun 3, 2010
Newark, DE
Do I need to use ODIN for this? I tried installing UVUBOH1 with TWRP, but I get an error when I installing it:

"could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"

Yes, download https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347821137
NOTE, if you click on "UVUBOH1" and not the androidfilehost link in the FW thread, it links you to the wrong FW and you'll flash UVUBNC1! Make sure you click the androidfilehost link underneath UVUB0H1.

Then flash it with odin.
Afterwards let it reboot and upgrade, then odin TWRP back and either restore a nandroid or flash the rom of your choosing

Oh also, if you're still on 4.1 and on a touchwiz rom, you may want to factory unlock it before you upgrade.. Just because you can. Follow the unlock thread on here

Reactions: wmzed

wmzed

Jan 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9+
NOTE, if you click on "UVUBOH1" and not the androidfilehost link in the FW thread, it links you to the wrong FW and you'll flash UVUBNC1! Make sure you click the androidfilehost link underneath UVUB0H1.

Then flash it with odin.
Afterwards let it reboot and upgrade, then odin TWRP back and either restore a nandroid or flash the rom of your choosing

Oh also, if you're still on 4.1 and on a touchwiz rom, you may want to factory unlock it before you upgrade.. Just because you can. Follow the unlock thread on here

Thank you so much! I will try this out soon and respond with the results! And I had already unlocked my device ::). I had to root and use the RegionLock app to unlock it, as the *#197328640# menu option did not work for me.

wmzed

Jan 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9+
how did you make out?

Was quite a bit of trouble at first :p. I managed to download and flash the software. flashed TWRP via odin.

Then through TWRP, I rooted by using the Knox remover zip (as i was on official 4.3, my service signal did shoot up to normal again!). Installed SuperSU.

Now when I try to flash any ROM via TWRP it gives errors such as "Status 7", or error reading MD5 when I try to backup software.

ratchetrizzo

Jun 3, 2010
Newark, DE
Was quite a bit of trouble at first :p. I managed to download and flash the software. flashed TWRP via odin.

Then through TWRP, I rooted by using the Knox remover zip (as i was on official 4.3, my service signal did shoot up to normal again!). Installed SuperSU.

Now when I try to flash any ROM via TWRP it gives errors such as "Status 7", or error reading MD5 when I try to backup software.

Make sure twrp is up to date for d2tmo, and make sure the rom you are flashing is 4.3 or later. I'm pretty sure that once you're on the latest 4.3 rom you can't flash anything lower

wmzed

Jan 11, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9+
That's strange, I'm using 3.0.2.0 and the latest 999L baseband and I haven't had any issues with flashing.
I'm Using the MM pac rom but I've tried CM14.1 nightly builds with no problem

I have finally managed to figure it out. You need to completely format the entire ROM currently installed from your phone. Once that is done, you can add any ROM to install properly. I'm running well on OctOS-N 3/17/2017 build.

Thanks all for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do I need to use ODIN for this? I tried installing UVUBOH1 with TWRP, but I get an error when I installing it:

"could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"

Then flash it with odin.

Thank you so much! I will try this out soon and respond with the results! And I had already unlocked my device ::). I had to root and use the RegionLock app to unlock it, as the *#197328640# menu option did not work for me.

how did you make out?