My s3 is losing battery while plugged in.

Search This thread

sfetaz

Sep 6, 2007
Ive been using my s3 for about 40 minutes on CM10. Plugged into a dual usb charger connected to not ip port, which in the past i have used fine. I have lost 5% battery in this time. Current widget doesn't work yet with S3. Suggestions?

Edit - The first time I got the phone after a full charge and discharge, while plugged into stock charger and before anything root, the same problem happened.

Last edited:

Watanuki-Kun

Dec 21, 2010
Miami
Ive been using my s3 for about 40 minutes on CM10. Plugged into a dual usb charger connected to not ip port, which in the past i have used fine. I have lost 5% battery in this time. Current widget doesn't work yet with S3. Suggestions?

Edit - The first time I got the phone after a full charge and discharge, while plugged into stock charger and before anything root, the same problem happened.

From what I heard, the charger can't charge the phone fast enough when you are using it thus the losing charge while plugging in. If you are talking about losing percentage right after you disconnect the phone from the charger, that is a feature, I do not know at the top of my head why it does it.

Droosh

May 6, 2011
If charging through USB port (and many car chargers) you're capped at 500mA vs 700+ for wall chargers. You can install a kernel that supports fast charging and you will get 700mA through USB.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

XeBIKr

Aug 1, 2012
I'm having the same issue whether charging from usb or a power outlet. Charges for a bit initially, then drains. Happens with different cords, too. I'll pick it up and it will feel warm, see that the battery is lower than when I plugged it in, then put it down. Then it cools off and starts charging again. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-21-22-00-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-21-22-00-47.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 413

WajdJT

Apr 19, 2013
Same here except

i have the same issue, i had stock Touchwiz and suddenly the phone started to discharge while on charging outlet, tried different chargers, outlets, different ports, etc. still wouldnt work, i even deleted several applications and turned off several phone functions, etc. still nothing, then i rooted to CM10.1 and the same issue still presists, the phone charges a bit then discharges weather i use it or not. the only solution to charge it, it seems to be by turning off the phone. i think it has to do with the usb port on the phone as i even had the battery changed and it still would discharge while on a charger.

nk0043

Apr 3, 2015
S3 Battery Decreasing while charging SOLVED !!

Hey i have 100% Solution of this with this you will :D your battery life !
i got same problem too but i solved now i'm happy
this is so easy , for all samsung phones and android phones !
Just install battery doctor (cheetah Software) from play store
optimize your phone and then charge
your phone will charge fastly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with this your battery life will also increased !!:)
:)