Cannot delete or modify 'vrtheme' folder

Search This thread

gregory_classy

Feb 21, 2013
After playing around and installing different ROMs, I noticed a folder called 'vrtheme' on the sdcard. Not my biggest concern, except for the fact that my galleries are scanning that folder, which in turn lists about 10 folders with pictures.

I've tried everything to remove this folder, but keep getting a permission denied error. I've tried simply adding a .nomedia file, but can't modify the folder whatsoever. I cannot rename any files, can't move them either, can't add files.

Please provide any other suggestions. Thank you!

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Copy everything important from your storage then perform a /sdcard wipe in recovery. This is assuming the file is on your internal storage.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

weijianhui

Dec 16, 2013
Beijing
After playing around and installing different ROMs, I noticed a folder called 'vrtheme' on the sdcard. Not my biggest concern, except for the fact that my galleries are scanning that folder, which in turn lists about 10 folders with pictures.

I've tried everything to remove this folder, but keep getting a permission denied error. I've tried simply adding a .nomedia file, but can't modify the folder whatsoever. I cannot rename any files, can't move them either, can't add files.

Please provide any other suggestions. Thank you!

Connect your phone to PC,run adb shell in CMD,and get root permission(su),and then,delete it(rm -r).:)