[Q] Remove all cell function ?

Search This thread

thewhipedone

Aug 25, 2014
Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.

The easiest way is to take it off a plan and it's basically a wifi enabled music player. You can always disable anything you don't need. If you take the sim card out and you root it i know there's a Xposed module that let's you disable the sim card warning or if I remember correctly it will tell you that you'll need wifi if no sim is inserted

And yea I couldn't agree more about iTunes. I enjoy the drag and drop feature in android and I've used iTunes on my kids ipods and I personally don't like it at all

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2