Verizon Galaxy SG 3 i-535 failure to load efs

Search This thread

okiboki999

Apr 18, 2017
Folks,
During a recent power outage my battery completely drained for the first time. Powering on after a full charge, started getting screen msgs (yellow text) info on some system internals. tried rebooting, and got "failure to load efs". and the phone comes back up in Factory test mode. I had never attempted any modification on this phone and everything looked stock to me. I had bought used from B&H, so cannot swear to its complete history. Samsung recommended a "smart Recovery from Best Buy that after two swap-outs i am still getting all the above msg's. I have no experience in rooting or anything else, but have a background in software. Info found through searches seems to indicate Verizon Samsung sg3's may be the most difficult to add mods. I found a stock rom, and loaded it successfully via odin. Best Buy guy said he loaded an original stock as well, and still no luck. Even though this happened after a hardware issue, and i know its firmware, at a loss as to what is causing this. it generally degrades performance of the phone in everything, including linking to playstore to download apps. I have everything backed up, with nothing to lose if anyone has a path to a working phone....I'm game. running 4.4.2