FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [AOSP][5.1.1] SlimLP (D2USC) Beta 0.13

10,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,106

By Perseus, Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Did Atlantis Exist ? on 19th February 2015, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Perseus: Official Stable Available

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems. The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code. All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimLP is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 5.0 lollipop and offers the following original features:

Slim Dialer
o A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features. - We've got you covered.

Privacy guard
o Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers. - Privacy is part of the experience.

Slim Center
o Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.

System-Wide Keyboard Controls
Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticons..etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.

Custom Shortcuts [WIP]
Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. – Customize it the way you like it.

SlimKernel Features -
Now supports following Additional Governors
  • Inelliactive - Authored by @Faux123
  • Intellidemand - Authored by @Faux123
  • Slim - Based on @Flar2 's ElementX Governor
  • SmartAssV2 - Authored by @Erasmux
  • Wheatley - Authored by @Ezekeel

It also supports following additional Schedulers.
  • BFQ
  • cfq
  • Deadline
  • Fifo
  • Fiops
  • Noop
  • Row
  • Sio
  • Vr
  • Zen

It also supports following TCP Congestion Algorithms.
  • Bic
  • Cubic
  • Highspeed
  • Hybla
  • Illinois
  • Scalable
  • Vegas
  • Veno
  • Westwood
  • Yeah
Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Official Downloads - Download the rom, For Gapps and other Addons head over to [GAPPS][5.1/5.0] Official Slim GApps & Custom GApps

My Unofficial Downloads - This is where you'd get most recent features, test builds and so on!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][AOSP] (D2USC) Official SlimLP 5.1.1, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
Perseus, slimroms, nicklovell23, tylog
Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms/

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 0.1
Stable Release Date: 2015-11-16
Current Beta Version: 0.13
Beta Release Date: 2015-12-16

Created 2015-02-19
Last Updated 2015-12-16
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th February 2015, 06:26 PM |#2  
OP Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Did Atlantis Exist ?
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Ok I am going to make it Abundantly Clear. So there is ZERO I mean ZERO CONFUSION.

What this is NOT -

1. This is not a Weekly. This is not Stable. If you are looking for either, you are in the wrong thread.
  2. This is Not a Daily Driver. If you are looking for one, go to SlimKat Thread.
  3. This is not Fully Functional Picture Perfect Rom. You do not get to Complain and call names on the thread if you expected anything else.
  4. This Build does have bugs. Those that are known to me are listed Bellow.
What this is -
  1. This is an Early Alpha Build. To those who don't know, that's prior Stage of a Beta or Weekly Build.
  2. Its a Preview of things to come. If you notice, my list of Features is lacking quiet a few of Slim Features.
  3. Yes there are bugs. The ones I do know are
    • Root does not Stick. See Notes Bellow.
    • Stock Camera clicks but does not take pictures. When you switch to Video Mode, you'd get error "Unable to Connect to Camera". Afterwards you have to reboot to clear.
    • Some of the 3rd Party Camera Apps work. For Ex. Open Camera, VivaVideo
    • APN Menu does not show any of the APNs for at least Sprint Variant.
    • When connected to WiFi, MMS are delayed. Only seems to affect D2VZW.
NOTES -

1. This is a D2GSM Build. So it is equally applicable to D2ATT as well as D2TMO. So use D2ATT Build unless I specified Otherwise.
  2. You must Flash SuperSU [STABLE][2015.01.20] SuperSU v2.4.5 as a Zip file along after flashing Rom.
  3. If you posted a bug/issue not listed above, without a Logcat, I will ignore it.
  4. Unless specified otherwise, do not dirty flash on top of SlimKat or Other Roms. If you did and then complained even with Logcat, I will ignore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2015, 06:26 PM |#3  
OP Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer / Did Atlantis Exist ?
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Reserved.
19th February 2015, 06:26 PM |#4  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Just in Case.
20th February 2015, 07:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Anyone home? I'm gonna jack this and post it over on the tusc forum will get some love there. Us cell users don't seem to come here lol. I'll advise to come here for support ..
20th February 2015, 09:13 PM |#6  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklovell23

Anyone home? I'm gonna jack this and post it over on the tusc forum will get some love there. Us cell users don't seem to come here lol. I'll advise to come here for support ..

Go for it! I didn't Realize You are a "Senior Member" now!
23rd February 2015, 04:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

Go for it! I didn't Realize You are a "Senior Member" now!

Did you ever get cell signal working?

LiquidSmooth d2usc/d2vzw maintainer
23rd February 2015, 07:28 PM |#8  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion116

Did you ever get cell signal working?

Yeah it does.
23rd February 2015, 09:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 526

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

Yeah it does.

OK cool.

4th May 2015, 12:35 PM |#10  
Atlantis

Donate to Me
More
Another Build is up on my AFH. I cleaned up the download folder into 2 sub folders. Let me know if you have issues.

EDIT - The Recents are not fixed yet. But There's some other customizations for QS Tiles & More importantly ability to get rid of the # Symbol is now in Developer Options. New Build Up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2015, 09:44 PM |#11  
Flag cornfield
Thanks Meter: 59

More
d2usc
Went looking at the files and I didn't see a d2usc build. Will there be one? Or is there a build that works with it already? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)