[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2vzw)

Search This thread

jonny30bass

Mar 29, 2011
Columbus
LTE doesn't work for me. Clean flashed the rom and nano open gapps, and I'm using the NE1 modem. This is on the 12/14 nightly.

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
CM13 is pretty stable for me, after a couple minor hiccups during the first boot or two.

Back camera works for pictures. Video gets "cannot connect" even just for the preview.

Front camera preview works, but the picture doesn't save. Sometimes freezes the phone.

Main issues are app specific, such as Snapchat freezing the phone, weird issues with XDA mobile app listviews not showing the content until you scroll down, and Titanium Backup gets stuck while restoring apps/data.

Pretty sure TiBU was having issues for me on 5.1 though, so maybe that's a moot point

matt_man

Mar 18, 2014
When I updated to CM13 it said my sd card was corrupted so I went ahead and formatted it as internal and let it move everything from internal to the sd card. Note I can't access any backups or zip files on my sd card in TWRP.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using XDA Free mobile app

ioctlLR

May 5, 2012
Need help debugging boot issues...

So my phone is still running 4/21. Sometime between then and 5/11, a change was made that stopped it from being able to run the newer builds. I tried 13.0 earlier today (12/14 build), and it's a little better, but still borked. Upgrade or clean install doesn't matter. Short version, I never get a responsive UI. Some builds bootloop, most just sit without a UI at all, and 13.0 showed me the setup wizard, but it was unresponsive. I've tried to enable adb / usb debugging via recovery, but adb never appears to start. At this point, I have no idea how to pull the necessary logs so I can figure out the issue...

Any ideas?

Last edited:

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
CM13 is pretty stable for me, after a couple minor hiccups during the first boot or two.

Back camera works for pictures. Video gets "cannot connect" even just for the preview.

Front camera preview works, but the picture doesn't save. Sometimes freezes the phone.

Main issues are app specific, such as Snapchat freezing the phone, weird issues with XDA mobile app listviews not showing the content until you scroll down, and Titanium Backup gets stuck while restoring apps/data.

Pretty sure TiBU was having issues for me on 5.1 though, so maybe that's a moot point

Have you tried Open Camera?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

When I updated to CM13 it said my sd card was corrupted so I went ahead and formatted it as internal and let it move everything from internal to the sd card. Note I can't access any backups or zip files on my sd card in TWRP.

You pretty much screwed yourself doing that, I think.

6.0 does some fuggly stuff with the read/write of the external SD card, even if you put it in portable mode (during the setup process, that was the other option) and I found I couldn't write to it. I "think" it can be made writable via the Explorer app, but not sure.

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

I am actually shocked this thread only has 3 pages thus far.

Reactions: AyUaxe

Fenix2002

Jan 18, 2015
Blacksburg, VA
I've tried OpenCamera on the last few builds, as well as a few others. They all behave pretty much the same way. The back camera works for photos and video, front camera works for video, but will completely crash with photos. Occasionally, it will completely lock the device; I've had to do battery pulls, force shutdowns, and actually had it self reboot when trying to take photos with the front camera. And when you get "can't connect to camera", most of the time I have to do at minimum a soft reboot.

6.0 does some fuggly stuff with the read/write of the external SD card, even if you put it in portable mode (during the setup process, that was the other option) and I found I couldn't write to it. I "think" it can be made writable via the Explorer app, but not sure.
I haven't had any issues with not being able to write to SD if you choose the portable option, so far. But the built-in CM File Explorer won't handle root functions (that I've tested so far), but ES File Explorer will.

As far as fixing the SD problem, @matt_man, I think you'll probably either have to reformat it in terminal in TWRP (assuming it still reads it as a separate device. I haven't tested that aspect yet, for exactly this reason) or you MIGHT just resign yourself to doing a fresh flash of CM, shutdown, remove the SD, reformat it on your computer if you have an SD card reader, and then loading it back up with all your stuff and using TWRP. Idk.

First post was 4 days ago on the Official. There's actually quite a few pages in the Unofficial thread from before the 12/11 build. lol.

In other news, 12/17 build is up! Yasssss.

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
hmmmm the first time I noticed the 'read only' issue was using QuickPic gallery and it needed me to confirm something and I did. But when I tried to move a photo I took to the SD card, it gave me the permission error. My research told me this was implemented on purpose in Android 6.0.

Fenix2002

Jan 18, 2015
Blacksburg, VA
hmmmm the first time I noticed the 'read only' issue was using QuickPic gallery and it needed me to confirm something and I did. But when I tried to move a photo I took to the SD card, it gave me the permission error. My research told me this was implemented on purpose in Android 6.0.

That's odd. I haven't read anything about that specifically (I have read that MM is designed to make it incredibly difficult to write to /system partition, but that's a different beast entirely and seems like CM may have taken care of that already). So maybe it's actually a permission error with that app? I just successfully moved a picture from internal to external and back with CM File Manager, ES File Explorer, and the built in android Explorer (from the settings menu).

bryank29

Jul 21, 2010
That's odd. I haven't read anything about that specifically (I have read that MM is designed to make it incredibly difficult to write to /system partition, but that's a different beast entirely and seems like CM may have taken care of that already). So maybe it's actually a permission error with that app? I just successfully moved a picture from internal to external and back with CM File Manager, ES File Explorer, and the built in android Explorer (from the settings menu).

This is where I read it https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3oz7eu/guidelines_for_marshmallow_users_formatting/

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
So my phone is still running 4/21. Sometime between then and 5/11, a change was made that stopped it from being able to run the newer builds. I tried 13.0 earlier today (12/14 build), and it's a little better, but still borked. Upgrade or clean install doesn't matter. Short version, I never get a responsive UI. Some builds bootloop, most just sit without a UI at all, and 13.0 showed me the setup wizard, but it was unresponsive. I've tried to enable adb / usb debugging via recovery, but adb never appears to start. At this point, I have no idea how to pull the necessary logs so I can figure out the issue...

Any ideas?

What version of TWRP are you running? I *think* I'm on 2.8.7.0 or something like that. Chances are if you're on the right firmware and modem, and even clean installs don't fix it, you may have an outdated version of recovery that doesn't flash things correctly. Or you're just extremely unlucky and keep flashing borked builds! :D also, you may want to compare MD5 checksums, if you have a poor internet connection downloads may become corrupted or something.

Last edited:

stevet86

Dec 7, 2014
Google Pixel 6a
Just updated to the latest release with a delta. All went well except the wait for the optimizing. All of the functions I've been using so far have worked (hasn't been too many.) The only one thing that was weird is Bluetooth and ford sync. With 5.1.1 I could connect the phone and stream media. With 6.0 the phone connects but it will not stream the media. I haven't tried it with the latest update. Thanks again for all of the work put into this ROM.

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque

Any ideas?
Are you running Xposed? I've tried it with Gravity Box and that's what I get. It'll work for a little while, then complete meltdown.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

I think you should be able reformat it through TWRP Wipe>Advanced Wipe> select a partition/device>Repair or Change Filesystem. As @XdrummerXboy said, that's if it recognizes your card as a separate card now. I have no idea how it's mounted within the operating system but that probably won't be true on recovery, which mounts things differently, so you should be able to do it. However, if there is any data that's been moved there, it'll be lost, as everything was when you chose to format it the first time.

However, there is also the fact that even if it is mounted portable, you have to set TiBu to look in a different path now to access the backup files - it won't know that it's mounted differently under MM.

@bryank mentions the choice of mounting it as portable, but some people have been told that theirs was unreadable and had to be reformatted with no choice to mount it as portable. Sounds like that might have happened to you.

Also, I've had some conundrums with writing and reading to different places on the phone but it pretty much works now, except I have an empty zombie folder that I can't delete on the /sdcard, even though it says it's deleted and disappears. When I do a refresh, there it is again. And when I do a search for it, it shows to be mounted about 40 different ways. That was from 12/14.

Can't find much wrong with 12/17 yet, but love the new Live Display quicksettings tile. Had it in AICP and used it everyday since apparently "Automatic" won't work without GPS on all the time. I haven't tried it that way, but know I don't want to throw away battery life on that.

Last edited:

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
Can't find much wrong with 12/17 yet, but love the new Live Display quicksettings tile. Had it in AICP and used it everyday since apparently "Automatic" won't work without GPS on all the time. I haven't tried it that way, but know I don't want to throw away battery life on that.

so both camera's are completely functioning?

Do you know if they will bring navigation ring to CM13?

Thanks.

ioctlLR

May 5, 2012
What version of TWRP are you running? I *think* I'm on 2.8.7.0 or something like that. Chances are if you're on the right firmware and modem, and even clean installs don't fix it, you may have an outdated version of recovery that doesn't flash things correctly. Or you're just extremely unlucky and keep flashing borked builds! :D also, you may want to compare MD5 checksums, if you have a poor internet connection downloads may become corrupted or something.

I'm on TWRP 2.8.6.0, and have flashed the recommended firmware & modem multiple times (the old separate zips and the newer single zip). My internet connection is pretty solid, so I guess I'm down to flashing TWRP 2.8.7.0 and checking MD5's on *everything*. I'll probably try to flash firmware & modem again, while I'm at it.

Are you running Xposed? I've tried it with Gravity Box and that's what I get. It'll work for a little while, then complete meltdown.
Nope. :D

I'll post when I get a chance to try again... Might be a little while.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Camera: 12/17 A Better Camera works on back Camera and Video, but not on front camera. I forgot to check the stock one and I'm checkin' something else out at the moment.

Je ne sais pas on the nav ring.
Can you or someone else post log for the front face camera hang or fc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

stevet86

Dec 7, 2014
Google Pixel 6a
Not sure what happened. I dirty flashed the 19DEC build and I lost my SIM card. The then tried to clean flash and it still did not work. Ended up going back to the 18DEC build and all is working again.

Fenix2002

Jan 18, 2015
Blacksburg, VA
Not sure what happened. I dirty flashed the 19DEC build and I lost my SIM card. The then tried to clean flash and it still did not work. Ended up going back to the 18DEC build and all is working again.

You're not alone. 12/19 build nuked my telephony. It wasn't reading IMEI, SIM, or anything. Was terrified that I'd lost it, but nandroid restore fixed my issue too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d2vzw&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM platform, Android version 6.0)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Firmware:
    Your best bet is to be on the MF1 bootstack/NE1 modem combo. Here's a flashable zip (this only needs to be done once): http://www.invisiblek.org/firmware/d2/d2vzw_MF1_firmware_NE1_modem.zip

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
    Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/d2vzw/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_d2vzw

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2vzw), ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod/

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2015-12-12
    Last Updated 2015-12-12
    I'll just leave this......here.......

ldL34uT.png

Its super buggy, pretty much nothing works, it may be a very long time before its ready to use as a daily driver, but hey it boots :silly:
    Code:
    06-19 15:35:38.172  2072  2072 W mm-qcamera-daem: type=1400 audit(0.0:12): avc: denied { create } for name="RS_0.log" scontext=u:r:mm-qcamerad:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:radio_data_file:s0 tclass=file permissive=0
    well would you look at at that

fixed: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/150211/
    Camera seems to be worked out on the latest cm14.1 build!!! Hoping to post a new build later tonight! Stay Tuned!

damn, invisiblek, damn is all I can say..... Make it so! gps, CHECK, bluetooth, CHECK, phone and data, CHECK, camera, CHECK, fast and smooth, lighning quick, CHECKKKKK! :)

COME AND GET IT!!!
    http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-14.1/d2vzw/

Stealth111
    http://download.invisiblek.org/roms/cm-14.1/d2vzw/

I don't expect anything more to work than what did on the cm-14.0 builds. Hell, I haven't even tried booting this so it may be completely broken...