Thanks Meter: 4

More
I was also thinking of getting one

3rd July 2014, 09:07 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark789

No, it won't. I didn't notice any slow down after changing the card from 64Gb to 128 GB. The only thing i noticed was, that my music player (Neutron) took a while for scanning the card. But this was only on the first time. After that it runs absolutely flawless...

Regards
Clark

Thank you for your infomation.Since it wouldn't slow down the phone,I would like to have a 64GB one.128GB cost too much...
6th July 2014, 02:21 AM |#23  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I haven't tried it personally but it will works as the s3 can carry 128gb of external sdcard
and it is exFat
6th July 2014, 07:59 PM |#24  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I got a 64GB Sandisk SDXC card which was giving me some problems at first. FAT32 would give noticeably slower speeds (music skipping, etc.) whereas exFAT was quick but would often give errors when writing to the card.
I went and formatted it, removing the small (~16mb, I think) offset partition, and reformatted as exFAT and it's been working fine since then.
When putting it into my PC from the phone I get a "storage may be corrupted" dialog, but simply clicking "find and fix errors" makes it work fine straight away
2nd November 2015, 09:05 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've just bought 128gb will not work on gti9300 formatted as fat 32/ does not work formatted as exfat works as bit of a problem moveing sme move n sme dnt n will move as the aparted apk the exformat is experimental could be the reason y its have problems moveing the apks please re on this issue a.s.a.p thnx jd
3rd November 2015, 06:15 AM |#26  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Try exfat, not fat32. Should work.
Regards
Clark
17th November 2015, 02:04 PM |#27  
Flag New York , Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 548

Donate to Me
More
i don't think a 128gb will work on 3g s3
17th November 2015, 08:15 PM |#28  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 163

More
My S3 works fine with a 128GB-card for over a year now...
Cheers Clark
19th November 2015, 07:55 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase12354

I've just bought 128gb will not work on gti9300 formatted as fat 32/ does not work formatted as exfat works as bit of a problem moveing sme move n sme dnt n will move as the aparted apk the exformat is experimental could be the reason y its have problems moveing the apks please re on this issue a.s.a.p thnx jd

ExFAT is not experimental - it's been stable for a long, long time now. It was first introduced back in 2006!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

Next time do your research
4th June 2018, 01:32 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha022

Yes it does.

Replying to an old post but I hope you will see this!

I recently swapped the 64GB card in my S3 (9305 running RevolutionRemix ROM) for a Sandisk 128GB card. It appears to work OK, the phone sees 119GB of space on the card and I have already filled more than 64GB so the extra capacity is there, but lately I have noticed the phone lags a lot and has also been crashing quite frequently which it didn't before. I am not sure of the exact timing because you never notice the pattern until it has been happening for a while, but I suspect the problems started around the time I put the 128GB card in. I don't remember formatting the card, it probably came already formatted so I just used it as it was. I guess I could backup all the contents and try formatting it in the phone to see if that makes any difference.

Have you noticed any issues since using the 128GB card? Does a bigger SD card require more internal memory or processing power to use it?
13th June 2018, 04:34 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencetj

Replying to an old post but I hope you will see this!

I recently swapped the 64GB card in my S3 (9305 running RevolutionRemix ROM) for a Sandisk 128GB card. It appears to work OK, the phone sees 119GB of space on the card and I have already filled more than 64GB so the extra capacity is there, but lately I have noticed the phone lags a lot and has also been crashing quite frequently which it didn't before. I am not sure of the exact timing because you never notice the pattern until it has been happening for a while, but I suspect the problems started around the time I put the 128GB card in. I don't remember formatting the card, it probably came already formatted so I just used it as it was. I guess I could backup all the contents and try formatting it in the phone to see if that makes any difference.

Have you noticed any issues since using the 128GB card? Does a bigger SD card require more internal memory or processing power to use it?

Is your RR version 7.x (Nougat)? I'm actually trying to re-purpose one of my S3s with a 128 GB microSD but am using an old Cyanogemod 10.2 build because it's much snappier than any of the modern ones. Will see how it accepts the microSD over the next few days.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)