2 Amp USB Wall Charger for faster charging

1,684 posts
Thanks Meter: 938

By zmore, Senior Member on 20th July 2012, 11:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2012, 08:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
If you run siyah kernal there is an option in tweaks to adjust the max charge the phone will accept both for wall charger and usb. If I remember correctly it's about 1.2A max for mains and .750 for usb
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shug69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shug69 Ad-Free

14th December 2012, 09:46 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
I bought this one a couple of months ago and tried all 4 USB ports separately but it only delivers about 200mA even though it claims to output 2A if only one device is connected. Very disappointed with this purchase because it takes forever to charge my phone/iPod.

A good tool to measure the output is Battery Monitor Widget. It shows you how much mA your phone is receiving. I get the best results with the stock HTC charger which delivers about 750mA (screen off). The USB ports of my computer at work deliver about 450mA so I 'm pretty sure Battery Monitor Widget is correct.

I 'm still looking for a good multiport charger so if anyone can recommend one that actually delivers what it claims to deliver, plz let me know.

Edit: Interesting article about USB charging/ports
14th December 2012, 07:25 PM |#33  
This really isn't a thread about phone charging. This is just simple physics.

Amperage delivered by your charger is a pool. A 1A charger has 1 amp of available power to deliver. You can hook up 5 200mA devices to it, 2 500mA devices, or 1 1A device. If you hook up a 1A device to a power supply that delivers OVER 9000(A)!!! you won't charge any faster and you won't hurt your device. All you need to do is match voltage and make sure your charger provides at least as much amperage as the device will draw.

A 2A charger will NOT charge a device drawing 1A of power any faster than a 1A charger. However, there are quality differences in products and your 1A charger might not be providing the full 1A of power, so the 2A charger would in fact charge your device faster. Also remember that the quality/age of the device, cable, and charger all come into play, as well as whether or not your device is in use during charging.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexsha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alexsha Ad-Free
15th December 2012, 08:42 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1,333

More
- stock Rogers LH1 ICS 4.0.4 rom
- tested a dozen or so chargers all rated between 1-2amps
- 700ma - 1.13amps (surprisingly, only 1 charger provided 1.13amps)
- tested with amp-meter (custom physical cable) for accuracy

The closer the S3 gets to full charge, the slower it charges. It goes into a TRICKLE charge unless your running a custom Kernel that has custom charge rate implementation. So it's best not to test for maximum charging capabilities if your batter is not somewhere below maybe 70% - ish.

Also, usually the way these phones know to only charge at 500ma when plugged into a PC, is because the USB DATA CABLE is wired to give the S3 that signal to not FAST charge. Not to mention, some Desktop Docking stations are wired that way causing slower charging. (I have rewired 5 of them myself over the years to allow fast charge) Further more, the S3 detects RESISTOR VALUES built into some docks that trigger modes like Desktop Mode or Car Mode. (taking a guess...this could or might even play a role in determining the Charging Rate....maybe? )
22nd February 2013, 05:28 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedscreen

Guess I'm stupid... mine is 0.2amps... Well, Time for me to upgrade my charger, all though Andru is cute! LOL

I feel stupid now... It doesn't charge slowly though...

Edit: :banghead: WTF? I'm stupid! I read the input... the output is 1.0A... sorry guys... realllly tired.

No you're not. The Output is 5V and 1 Amp so it is 1 Amp. It is normal that it charges quickly!
6th September 2013, 09:06 AM |#36  
Flag klang
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalatsky

I have read that the faster you charge it the worse it is for your battery. And the slower you charge it (sub from laptop) the better it is for your battery in the long term.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Any links that you can share for us to refer?
21st November 2013, 03:22 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Guys, Samsung original genuine travel charger is 2 AMPS! Say no to 3rd party bs

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ETA-U90JWEBXAR

I use it with my Note 2 & my wife's S3 & it works great. With it I can turn on Note 2 even WITHOUT BATTERY & use 3G & all other heavy stuff, which I was NOT able to do with 1 amp charger (never tried it with S3).

I also bought genuine battery charger & it came with brand new battery, so now I don't charge my phone at all, only replace the battery once in 2 days.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EB-H1J9VMAGSTA

Don't buy 3rd party chargers, you can damage your phone!!!

I'm also looking to buy some smart charger with auto turn off but 2 AMPS not 1 (like this):

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...argesmart.html

Any recommendations welcome!
21st November 2013, 07:23 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordlesspass

I bought a 3rd party charger for my DHD + 2 batteries for 8$ and they work perfectly fine (1Amp). The charger has an USB port and a battery slot. If you want to spend 40$ on a charger that does less, that 's your business but don't come here claiming that 3rd party is bs.

You sound like you work for Samsung .
21st November 2013, 09:15 AM |#39  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordlesspass

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ETA-U90JWEBXAR

I use it with my Note 2 & my wife's S3 & it works great. With it I can turn on Note 2 even WITHOUT BATTERY & use 3G & all other heavy stuff, which I was NOT able to do with 1 amp charger (never tried it with S3).

I also bought genuine battery charger & it came with brand new battery, so now I don't charge my phone at all, only replace the battery once in 2 days.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EB-H1J9VMAGSTA

Don't buy 3rd party chargers, you can damage your phone!!!

I'm also looking to buy some smart charger with auto turn off but 2 AMPS not 1 (like this):

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...argesmart.html

Any recommendations welcome!

Galaxy Tab 2 has a genuine 2A charger. USB cable is detachable, so you can use original cable. And it OEM Samsung all the way
24th November 2017, 08:24 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,Dear friend
We are the manufacturer of mobile charger, car charger and USB cable, welcome to contact me for more details:[email protected] or call me directly: 8613421661221
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)