Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2013, 05:48 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Talking mess lol
and here what i did so far....
i didnt connect micro usb female port for data sync because those i didnt get yet.
if anyone have any suggestion please tell me.
hoping to make it work.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	3627
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1733565   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3455
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	1733566   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	3161
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	1733567   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	3303
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	1733568   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	3282
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	1733570   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	3186
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	1733571   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	3180
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1733572   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130216_004332.jpg
Views:	3496
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	1733575  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to its.mahmud For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift its.mahmud Ad-Free

21st February 2013, 12:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by necomer

and here what i did so far....
i didnt connect micro usb female port for data sync because those i didnt get yet.
if anyone have any suggestion please tell me.
hoping to make it work.....

Great work, necomer. I've also been trying that for two months now, but haven't been able to make it work. I have the 40,2 KOhm resistor between sense and GND, and am able to launch smart dock mode on some ROMs I have tried. So, which ROM are you running? My only idea here is that maybe you having a US S3 is what does the difference (well, I'm assuming that, maybe you have an international one).

Thanks in advance, and once again, great work
22nd February 2013, 08:11 AM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
Re: diy smart dock for galaxy s3
Hi. Thanks for reviewing I am using us galaxy s3 and just the stock touch wiz rom android 4.1.1.
And I received my mhl adapter. But when I am connecting it the tv screen going all black. Any suggestion about that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
22nd February 2013, 09:54 AM |#14  

More
Quote:

Hi. Thanks for reviewing I am using us galaxy s3 and just the stock touch wiz rom android 4.1.1.
And I received my mhl adapter. But when I am connecting it the tv screen going all black. Any suggestion about that?

I'm pretty sure your buying the wrong MHL adapter. The Note II and the s3 have a different micro usb than any other phone and require the samsung
MHL adapter.
22nd February 2013, 02:02 PM |#15  
Flag In the wind
Thanks Meter: 172

Donate to Me
More
Not sure what you are trying to do?

Amazon sells a combo cable so you can use OTG and charge the device at the same time. I use it to connect a 1TB portable drive to my S3 and Tab 2 10.1.

I bought the official Samsung HDMI adapters for both devices. They are powered and stream over HDMI to my TV just fine. Works with just about everything I've tried although some services require some workarounds. Copy protection crap.

What you are trying to do sounds risky. You might fry the phone.

I apologize if I haven't grasped your intentions but I'm kind of slow.

Edit: I think I may get it now. Are you trying to power, feed external data through OTG and then stream out to an HDMI display?

Dumb question as I said I'm slow but, how about the official Samsung HDMI adapter and use the power in port with a powered OTG combo cable?

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
22nd February 2013, 08:38 PM |#16  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logunn

I'm pretty sure your buying the wrong MHL adapter. The Note II and the s3 have a different micro usb than any other phone and require the samsung
MHL adapter.

i used a 11 pin to 5 pin convertor. but i guess i did something wrong while connecting the wires .
i will order new 11 pin to 5 pin adapter bcz i messed up this one
22nd February 2013, 08:49 PM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid

Not sure what you are trying to do?

Amazon sells a combo cable so you can use OTG and charge the device at the same time. I use it to connect a 1TB portable drive to my S3 and Tab 2 10.1.

I bought the official Samsung HDMI adapters for both devices. They are powered and stream over HDMI to my TV just fine. Works with just about everything I've tried although some services require some workarounds. Copy protection crap.

What you are trying to do sounds risky. You might fry the phone.

I apologize if I haven't grasped your intentions but I'm kind of slow.

Edit: I think I may get it now. Are you trying to power, feed external data through OTG and then stream out to an HDMI display?

Dumb question as I said I'm slow but, how about the official Samsung HDMI adapter and use the power in port with a powered OTG combo cable?

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

what i am trying to do is, use otg , charge the phone and use hdmi at the same time. i thought it would be easy bcz samsung made new 11 pin connector in Galaxy s3 . so apparently its supposed to work ,as they are not using same pin for transferring data. But i dont have any idea about internal proses. while charging and otg at the same time is possible, dont you think we can connect hdmi with it in any way?
well all this is just guessing from my little knowledge. i want some suggestion from those who worked on this and correct my mistakes
28th February 2013, 07:58 AM |#18  

More
Quote:

Maybe... it's a HDCP problem...
If your TV don't support HDCP function(or authentication failed), then MHL chipset will show a black screen
(HDCP : High-definition Digital Content Protection)
1st March 2013, 01:50 AM |#19  
Flag Twente
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I was going to this topic, being all hopeful that I finally might get my S3 in OTG+Charge mode. And then it turned out it only worked on a phone still running 4.1.1. I have 4.1.2, and OTG+charge did work for me before, but it seems Samsung broke it in 4.1.2. It is probably the fault of the kernel that came with the XXELLC (a stock 4.1.2 ROM) update, but how to fix it is beyond me.
1st March 2013, 06:41 AM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
Re: diy smart dock for galaxy s3
Are you serious! I won't update mine then. I need to use that together! !!
Thanks for the information

1st March 2013, 01:11 PM |#21  
Flag Twente
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I just found out that the Perseus Alpha kernel is supposed to support this. If you're not afraid to use custom ROMs/kernels, that might be a nice kernel to flash onto the phone and keep it updated while retaining out beloved OTG+charge mode. I'll check it out today and see if it's what it's supposed to be.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)