FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help me to select a portable battery charger for my Galaxy S3 I9300

1,053 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By android addicts, Senior Member on 24th June 2013, 11:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all!

These days I'm planing to purchase a portable battery charger for my Galaxy S3 I9300. I need to know three things about the portable chargers.

1. What are the features that I should search? Eg: mAh.

2. What is the Galaxy S3 Output Current and Voltage?

3. I search on local market and I found one Energizer power pack. It's 4,000mAh one. It price approximately US $ 80. What are the other good portable battery chargers?

Thanks!

26th June 2013, 09:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Here's a better/cheaper choice

iBattz BattStation Tough Dual Pro 7200/8400/12000 mAh

8400 mAh = $49.95 & FREE Shipping. (Amazon)
26th June 2013, 04:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
There are so many mobile chargers on the market.
The important things you should take a view on are:
- capacity (compare with the 2,1Ah battery on the S3; but take care, mostly the capacity is calculated in theory, these are not actual values!)
- size
- weight (this point is mostly connected to the capacity, so be aware of that)
- number of devices, which an be charged at the same time)
- time to charge the charger

I think you can use the ratings on amazon to find out a charger, which fits zur demand
The Following User Says Thank You to DaCashFlow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaCashFlow Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 10:06 PM |#4  

More
The energizer packs are solid, but as mentioned definitely overpriced. I feel like I'm preparing for the apocalypse with the number of these I've purchased over the past few years but they've all come in handy. In the end the company I feel is most reliable is New Trent, who's battery packs also happen to be some of the most affordable.

If that capacity works for you, I'd probably go with the New Trent IMP52D, its 5200mah (which I've found to be pretty accurate with my S2 Skyrocket and S3) and is extremely small considering. Its also only $29.95 shipped. Right now for anything other than trips longer than a weekend I mainly use the Easypack NT70T (y000mAh) because I like the convenience of the built in USB cord for charging, and built in micro-USB for my S3.

They have a few new models I haven't used that look to pack a lot of power into some pretty impressively small packages but most of those are 10,000+mAh and probably not what you're looking for. I own batteries from about six different companies, and New Trent's have definitely been my favorite, take a look on Amazon.
29th June 2013, 10:50 AM |#5  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 208

More
I have this and have no complaints.... 10,000mah for $40 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009US...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Sent from my GS3
1st July 2013, 12:50 AM |#6  
New York
Thanks Meter: 31

More
One of the highest capacity battery packs I know of and have tried out is the Limeade. A bit large in size for my liking, but for 18,000 mAh I'm not going to complain. Definitely has juiced up my Nexus 10, 7, and my S3 with no issues.

You can get it off Amazon for about 100 USD.
4th July 2013, 05:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android addicts

Hi all!

These days I'm planing to purchase a portable battery charger for my Galaxy S3 I9300. I need to know three things about the portable chargers.

3. I search on local market and I found one Energizer power pack. It's 4,000mAh one. It price approximately US $ 80. What are the other good portable battery chargers?

Thanks!

There are many on the market from cheap crap to good quality product, these days you will need the largest mAh you can afford, also consider the brands and what cells it uses (samsung, sanyo, panasonic and hitachi etc.), as many cheap stuff don't meet up their expectations. As for input at least 1A and output at least 2.1A.
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kms108 Ad-Free
24th January 2014, 08:06 AM |#8  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by android addicts

Hi all!

Thanks!

I bought this one:KINKOO ,it works well ,i have charged my phone 5 times already and it still has juice in it.the Infinite One has a massive 8,000 mAh capacity and intelligent output control system(no matter which phone use), it can Compatible with all Apple and Android smartphones, Tablets, GoPro Cameras, MP3 Players, Mobile Gaming Devices, Bluetooth Devices, and other USB charged devices.i think that is good,if you like it ,you could check this brand in google.
7th July 2017, 04:29 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Best Portable Battery Charger
Hey!

The foremost feature that you should look for is its compatibility with all the devices. Considering the battery capacity is also an important aspect.
The Galaxy S3 output voltage is 5.0V while its output current is 700mAh.

If you are in search of a 4,000mAh portable charger then the one you found is quite costly . Check this one with the same capacity but quiet a low cost i.e Flux Portable Charger.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)