FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Idea. Not a real product] PS Vita style case

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By Bmatthews11, Member on 11th September 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,
A few minutes ago I had an idea. A case that gives you game controls and looks like a ps vita. Before I try to design and build this. First I would just like to know if anyone would even want to buy this, next I would appreciate any and all help if I get some interest. If not enough interest, then I would probs just make an instructable. Here is a quick sketch that I made:
Just to be clear, I very well might have to give up on this at some point so it is not a definate that I will make it.
 
 
11th September 2012, 09:24 PM |#2  
htcsnap93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatthews11

Hi everyone,
A few minutes ago I had an idea. A case that gives you game controls and looks like a ps vita. Before I try to design and build this. First I would just like to know if anyone would even want to buy this, next I would appreciate any and all help if I get some interest. If not enough interest, then I would probs just make an instructable. Here is a quick sketch that I made:


Just to be clear, I very well might have to give up on this at some point so it is not a definate that I will make it.

Patent it before Apple does!
11th September 2012, 10:07 PM |#3  
scarrmrcc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
how much would you plan it to cost?
you can buy a PS vita looking android 4.0 gaming rig for under 90 bucks on ebay.
11th September 2012, 10:58 PM |#4  
xXJay_RXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 18015
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
I'd buy it depending on the price

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 11:15 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Alplaus
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrmrcc

how much would you plan it to cost?
you can buy a PS vita looking android 4.0 gaming rig for under 90 bucks on ebay.

Th price really depends on costs and I have no idea what it will cost. This is still just a drawing so the final product is a very long way off.
11th September 2012, 11:41 PM |#6  
xXJay_RXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 18015
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
I'd be very interested in it. Looks really cool. Would be great for games with on screen controls n emulators

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
11th September 2012, 11:49 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Valle de San Isidro
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
sounds cool but I'd rather have a universal one since I'm swapping phones very often. Maybe you can change the device "holder" to an expansive type?


something like this BUT, of course less bulky looking something more slim to go along the line of the new devices.
12th September 2012, 12:04 AM |#8  
scarrmrcc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatthews11

Th price really depends on costs and I have no idea what it will cost. This is still just a drawing so the final product is a very long way off.

well, then what fabrication abilities do you have? this would involve circuitboards, and at minimum vacuum formed, if not castings of plastic...
what programming do you have? can you set up a USB controller?

make a prototype, and then see how much that cost... and by prototype, I mean essentially a sellable product, not some random duct-taped pile of bits that only was inexpensive due to using used parts.

or is this just a drawing of an idea from a person that has no ability to make it?
12th September 2012, 12:50 AM |#9  
xXJay_RXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 18015
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
You can also try Kickstarter to try to get funds to get this working n maybe get more people interested once you have a workable demo going

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
12th September 2012, 01:08 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
i was trying to come up with this for my gs3 with the two sides clamping onto tho phone via the usb dock and headphone jack so i can run an extender for usb and audio out. got a 360 pad hacked but having problems with hacking the usb to micro usb on the phone. gotten a little messy with the mod too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1319995  
12th September 2012, 02:32 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Alplaus
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarrmrcc

well, then what fabrication abilities do you have? this would involve circuitboards, and at minimum vacuum formed, if not castings of plastic...
what programming do you have? can you set up a USB controller?

make a prototype, and then see how much that cost... and by prototype, I mean essentially a sellable product, not some random duct-taped pile of bits that only was inexpensive due to using used parts.

or is this just a drawing of an idea from a person that has no ability to make it?

At this moment I have very little ability to make it, however, I am a quick learner. I feel like there is about a 50% chance that this will be completed. Right now I am working on a rough 3d model of the plastic shell on computer. I was thinking about getting that 3d printed once it is done. I dont know how to set up a usb controller and I can program some basic java.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes