iSkin Headphones

Search This thread

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
I ordered them......will let u know when they arrive

Has anyone tried these headphones? I wanna known how they sound and if they're worth the purchase.

I placed an order for the eartones this am.......I will let you know when they arrive whether they work or not. I emailed iskin and asked if they worked and the rep said they work 100% for mic, volume, everything......same as headset we get with phone.......so heres hoping he wasn't wrong!!

UPDATE..........
So I got the eartones today and they do work great for an apple earbud replacement! HOWEVER, there is NO volume control........they are not even capable of it so not sure why the rep at iskin told me on two occasions that volume control works???? They sound far better than apple earbuds and the mic works great on the S3 as well as answering and declining calls, playing and pausing music. That was my beef with the apple ones as the mic didn't work on the GS3.

Last edited:
Reactions: omgitsmoosh

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
Yeah so I went to the home page then clicked on shop. Then clicked on vibe under Samsung on the left side. This brought up a page that has the GS3 cases (vibe and aura) as well as it stating the eartones are compatible with the phone too. So yeah the weird thing is there is only one type......not a model for the iPhone and galaxy........so don't worry, I, like u are quite skeptical. But I guess we will see. I still have the email from them stating they work exactly like the Samsung set we get with the phone so I guess I should have no problem returning them if they don't work.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
Here is his response to me asking if they in fact work for every function.......if they don't, mark will be getting a call! Lol
I am really crossing my fingers cause I hate in ear headsets......they never fit me no matter how many tips I try.

"Hello Garret,

Thank you for your question.

The eartones absolutely work with the samsung galaxy s3 in regards to the functionality you require.

Playing music...answering and ending calls and the volume buttons are all fully functional.

Hope to see your order soon!

Thanks!

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this email or give us a call at the number below. Please include all previous correspondence in your response. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9-5 EST.

Best regards,

Mark Lakhan Client Relations Representative

2225 Sheppard Ave. East, Suite 1203 | Toronto, Ontario | Canada | M2J 5C2 416-924-9607

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
Bah!!! Brutal you are right! So obviously there will be no volume control.......lame. well Mark definitely got his info messed up that he gave me.......said there is volume control. Yeah maybe with an app!!! Hmmmmmm need to decide quickly if I should cancel my order.
Hey thanks for pointing that out tho!!!

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
My goodness is it too much to ask for a decent set of ear buds with working mic, volume control!?!?! I just need something that doesn't block out all noise around me.......since I use them for work. As much as the apple buds sucked, they suited my needs exactly! I was very disappointed that they didn't work in the GS3. Any other bud style suggestions?

Thanks xda members!!

omgitsmoosh

Sep 29, 2010
My goodness is it too much to ask for a decent set of ear buds with working mic, volume control!?!?! I just need something that doesn't block out all noise around me.......since I use them for work. As much as the apple buds sucked, they suited my needs exactly! I was very disappointed that they didn't work in the GS3. Any other bud style suggestions?

Thanks xda members!!

My point exactly. Not everyone likes or can use the in ear headphones, so it would be nice if companies did develop some nice headphones for the rest of us!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
Do those have volume control? Probably not as it seems that is always the kicker. Thanks for the suggestion......they are less than $10 so I will likely buy a pair just to try out.

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
Guys, I thought I would post this here as well so you can get my review for the eartones........

Hey fellow xda members I just wanted to share my take on the iSkin Eartones that I just received today. These are great for anyone who doesn't like in-ear headsets. The fit in your ear is very similar to the apple earbuds which for me was a huge plus because I use my headset mostly for business calls etc while I drive (which in-ear were too unsafe as they block out all outside sound). The sound quality is actually very good for an earbud. There is good lows and highs and there is an included set of foam covers to put over the tips which would give you better sealing of the ear to further enhance the sound for the music junkies out there.
They have some flex in the earbud part which allows it to fit very well in different ear shapes.
The sound quality on the other end of a phone conversation is extremely good according to my business partners.

The only downside for me is that there is no volume control. This is a letdown since the rep I spoke with at iSkin prior to ordering these said to me on two occasions that they had volume control and that it worked flawlessly with the GS3.......not sure where he was pulling that info from but he is wrong.

They are $39.99 for www.iSkin.com

Also, the shipping was super fast. I am in Calgary AB and they shipped form Toronto to me in less than a day!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

The link I give for black earphone have volume control for asking galaxy s3

I actually just ordered a pair of these as well so we will see if they have volume control!!!! The eartones work really good though........just would love to have volume control!

yama0ha

May 22, 2012
They only non inear earbuds I can think of is htc earbuds with remote and mic. All three buttons work on galaxys2 &3
The skip buttons work as volume and center is play ,pause ,pick up and end call

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=261030664855&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=16390308358

Yep........I ordered a pair of those........so we will see how they work and sound. The guys at iSkin said they would fully refund my shipping and price for the Eartones if I didn't like them since they misinformed me about the volume control. I will likely keep them though as they do sound pretty good. But I have my fingers crossed the HTC ones will work for everything and not sound like crap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ordered them......will let u know when they arrive

Has anyone tried these headphones? I wanna known how they sound and if they're worth the purchase.

I placed an order for the eartones this am.......I will let you know when they arrive whether they work or not. I emailed iskin and asked if they worked and the rep said they work 100% for mic, volume, everything......same as headset we get with phone.......so heres hoping he wasn't wrong!!

UPDATE..........
    So I got the eartones today and they do work great for an apple earbud replacement! HOWEVER, there is NO volume control........they are not even capable of it so not sure why the rep at iskin told me on two occasions that volume control works???? They sound far better than apple earbuds and the mic works great on the S3 as well as answering and declining calls, playing and pausing music. That was my beef with the apple ones as the mic didn't work on the GS3.

Thanks xda members!!

Guys, I thought I would post this here as well so you can get my review for the eartones........

Hey fellow xda members I just wanted to share my take on the iSkin Eartones that I just received today. These are great for anyone who doesn't like in-ear headsets. The fit in your ear is very similar to the apple earbuds which for me was a huge plus because I use my headset mostly for business calls etc while I drive (which in-ear were too unsafe as they block out all outside sound). The sound quality is actually very good for an earbud. There is good lows and highs and there is an included set of foam covers to put over the tips which would give you better sealing of the ear to further enhance the sound for the music junkies out there.
    They have some flex in the earbud part which allows it to fit very well in different ear shapes.
    The sound quality on the other end of a phone conversation is extremely good according to my business partners.

The only downside for me is that there is no volume control. This is a letdown since the rep I spoke with at iSkin prior to ordering these said to me on two occasions that they had volume control and that it worked flawlessly with the GS3.......not sure where he was pulling that info from but he is wrong.

They are $39.99 for www.iSkin.com

Also, the shipping was super fast. I am in Calgary AB and they shipped form Toronto to me in less than a day!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have!

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

The link I give for black earphone have volume control for asking galaxy s3

I actually just ordered a pair of these as well so we will see if they have volume control!!!! The eartones work really good though........just would love to have volume control!