List of headsets with working inline remote

Search This thread

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Noticed there was a thread regarding headphones with mics and possibly volume controls but thought it would be a good idea to make a defined list for the S3. I'll add to the list as the thread gets updated but this should hopefully help quite a few people.Prices are mainly from Amazon.co.uk but a few have been from Play.com - Google Shopping Results - Ebay

Anything Highlighted in BLUE writing is known for sounding very good. You can then look online for reviews to see if they fit your taste of music (Bass heavy, Clarity over bass, Best of both and so forth)

It is recommended that you stay away from the IEMS that are coloured with RED writing. Individual problems are written alongside

Tip: Apps such as Headset Droid allow you to configure multiple button presses. A neat idea for single button headset users is to have 3 button presses to raise volume and 4 button presses to lower volume. Obviously it's not as nice as having individual buttons, but in the case of the Sony MH1C, the additional buttons make the headset rather ugly and bulky.

Headsets With Working Mic & Volume Controls

Nocs NS200 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£44.99]
Nokia Purity HD In Ear & On Ears - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [On Ears £102.12/In Ears £59.99]
Samsung EHS-71 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£80]
Sony DR-EX102 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls[£34.99 eBay]
Sony MH1C - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls/Smart Key DOES NOT WORK [£16.99]
Sony XBA 1VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£69.91]
Sony XBA 2VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£127.65]
Urbeats - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.39]

Headsets With Working Mic & One Button

Brainwavz M5 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.50]
Etymotics HF2 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£124.99]
Jays a-JAYS One Plus - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.97]
iFrogz EarPollution Plugz - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£9.50]
Jlab Jbuds J5M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£25.86]
JVC HA-EBR80 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£19.99]
JVC Xtreme Xplosives VARIOUS MODELS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16.74]
Klipsch Image S4A - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£49.90]
Klipsch Image S4A ii - Mic/Middle Button/No Volume Controls [£89.99]
Marshall Minor Headphones - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£44.81]
Meelectronics A161P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£93]
Meelectronics M11P+ - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
Meelectronics M16P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£18]
Meelectronics M2P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£20]
Meelectronics M31P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£28]
Meelectronics M9P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16]
Meelectronics SP51P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
Phillips Citiscape ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.99]
Phonak Audeo 022- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£85.49]
Phonak Audeo 122- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£122.36]
Samsung EHS-60 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£4]
Samsung EHS-70 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£50]
Sennheiser MM50i - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.71]
Soundmagic E10M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.99]
Urbanears Bagis - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [23.99]
Urbanears Plattan ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£38.90]
V-MODA/Crossfade M100 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£270]
V-MODA/Crossfade M80 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£159.50]
Zagg Zagg Smartbuds - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.12]

Headsets With Working Mic & Middle Button But Volume Controls DO NOT WORK

Klipsch Image X10i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£132.50]
RHA - MA450i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [39.95]
Sennheiser MM30i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35]
Sennheiser MM70i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£59.99]
Sennheiser MX680i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£30]
Skullcandy 50/50 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35.99]
Skullcandy Heavy Medal - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£79.99]
Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£69.99]
Ultimate Ears 500 Vi - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£51 eBay]
V-MODA Remix Remote - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£42.99]

These Headsets Have Limited Functionality - Please Read Individual Descriptions

Aiaiai Capital Headphones - Music can be played/paused with middle button. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
Bose MIE2 - Music can be played and paused with middle button. MIC DOES NOT WORK
Razer Moray Plus Gaming Headphones - Mic Works and music can be listened to. Controls DO NOT WORK
Sennheiser IE8i - You can hear people talk. THEY CANNOT HEAR YOU - Using This (Link) Allows you to talk ONLY WHEN HOLDING MIDDLE BUTTON
Sennheiser Momentum - Music can be played/paused with middle button but will also mute the mic, meaning you must unplug and replug the headset to use the mic. Once you press the middle button the mic will be muted. VOLUME CONTROLS DO NOT WORK
Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Music can be played. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK

Last edited:

ChoctawT

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks for this list, really helps!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

efato

Nov 21, 2010
Istanbul
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
A little update about klipsch. The s4a v.2 has three buttons functional. Mic works, volume rockers work, and the button 3 three works as answer button, while listening to music it works as next/previous track changer. Double click for next song and three clicks for previous. Another pro is that klipsch has an Android app so the functions of the buttons and their behaviours are modified.
Sound quality is satisfying. Prices about £90

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008VHHYLW/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1358513605&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Galactus

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
I assumed it was a single button because of this description

Noise isolating in-ear headphones with single-button remote + mic for Android. Klipsch own website also states

Engineered for Android™ smartphones, the Image S4A headphones let you experience the arena anywhere. Backed by six decades of audio excellence, the S4A headphones let you control both your playlist and your phone calls with a single-button remote + mic and powerful customization via the Klipsch Control app for Android. And with the headphones’ patented oval tips, you can enjoy your favorite artists in incredible comfort.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Skullcandy Heavy Medal a Mic play/pause/volume remote with play/pause working and Mic but volume buttons don't work. I think it's the same remote as the 50/50 headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Galactus

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Does the volume switch work as well?

Yes it does, with mic.

the iphone version are xba 1ip, xba 2ip, xba 3ip and xba 4ip, android version only available xba 1vp and xba 2vp.

These IEM uses Balanced Armature Driver that are found only in high end IEM's, instead of the traditional Dynamic Driver Units .

The models numbers denote the number of BA drivers in the headphones.

My recommendations is the XBA 2VP which has 2 Balanced Armature Driver

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/xba-2vp

Last edited:

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Skullcandy Heavy Medal a Mic play/pause/volume remote with play/pause working and Mic but volume buttons don't work. I think it's the same remote as the 50/50 headphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers, will add the 1.0 and 2.0's to the list.

Yes it does, with mic.

the iphone version are xba 1ip, xba 2ip, xba 3ip and xba 4ip, android version only available xba 1vp and xba 2vp.

These IEM uses Balanced Armature Driver instead of the traditional Dynamic Driver Units that are found only in high end IEM's.

The models numbers denote the number of BA drivers in the headphones.

Thanks, its a shame that they didn't release the XBA 3's and 4's since they are a class above the other two models. As you've said though, anyone planning on buying the XBA series should go for the 2VP's

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Cheers, will add the 1.0 and 2.0's to the list.

Thanks, its a shame that they didn't release the XBA 3's and 4's since they are a class above the other two models. As you've said though, anyone planning on buying the XBA series should go for the 2VP's

If you are going to pay for the high cost, and if the xba 3 and xba 4 even has the android version, I still will not go for it, i'd prefer the no mic version, the sound quality is better on the non mic version vs the mic version.
Thats why I have the XBA 3.

I do intend to buy the XBA 2VP, the controls and volume does make listening to music much easier than the regular version.

I was told the iphone version does works, only the volume don't.

efato

Nov 21, 2010
Istanbul
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I assumed it was a single button because of this description

Noise isolating in-ear headphones with single-button remote + mic for Android. Klipsch own website also states

Engineered for Android™ smartphones, the Image S4A headphones let you experience the arena anywhere. Backed by six decades of audio excellence, the S4A headphones let you control both your playlist and your phone calls with a single-button remote + mic and powerful customization via the Klipsch Control app for Android. And with the headphones’ patented oval tips, you can enjoy your favorite artists in incredible comfort.

Well as I told the original s4a has single button where v.2 has 3..

Galactus

Dec 28, 2009
London
Well as I told the original s4a has single button where v.2 has 3..

Never mind me, assumed the klipsch page I was on was for the V2's. Will update my post.

If you are going to pay for the high cost, and if the xba 3 and xba 4 even has the android version, I still will not go for it, i'd prefer the no mic version, the sound quality is better on the non mic version vs the mic version.
Thats why I have the XBA 3.

I do intend to buy the XBA 2VP, the controls and volume does make listening to music much easier than the regular version.

I was told the iphone version does works, only the volume don't.

I'd only go for it FOR the mic. There are plenty of iems that are good at the XBA 3's price point, however there are hardly any BA driven iems that have a mic and are compatible with Android.

Last edited:
Reactions: kms108

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Never mind me, assumed the klipsch page I was on was for the V2's. Will update my post.

I'd only go for it FOR the mic. There are plenty of iems that are good at the XBA 3's price point, however there are hardly any BA driven iems that have a mic and are compatible with Android.

samsung also makes one with BA driver, but only a single driver unit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Noticed there was a thread regarding headphones with mics and possibly volume controls but thought it would be a good idea to make a defined list for the S3. I'll add to the list as the thread gets updated but this should hopefully help quite a few people.Prices are mainly from Amazon.co.uk but a few have been from Play.com - Google Shopping Results - Ebay

Anything Highlighted in BLUE writing is known for sounding very good. You can then look online for reviews to see if they fit your taste of music (Bass heavy, Clarity over bass, Best of both and so forth)

It is recommended that you stay away from the IEMS that are coloured with RED writing. Individual problems are written alongside

Tip: Apps such as Headset Droid allow you to configure multiple button presses. A neat idea for single button headset users is to have 3 button presses to raise volume and 4 button presses to lower volume. Obviously it's not as nice as having individual buttons, but in the case of the Sony MH1C, the additional buttons make the headset rather ugly and bulky.

Headsets With Working Mic & Volume Controls

Nocs NS200 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£44.99]
    Nokia Purity HD In Ear & On Ears - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [On Ears £102.12/In Ears £59.99]
    Samsung EHS-71 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£80]
    Sony DR-EX102 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls[£34.99 eBay]
    Sony MH1C - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls/Smart Key DOES NOT WORK [£16.99]
    Sony XBA 1VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£69.91]
    Sony XBA 2VP - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£127.65]
    Urbeats - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.39]

Headsets With Working Mic & One Button

Brainwavz M5 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.50]
    Etymotics HF2 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£124.99]
    Jays a-JAYS One Plus - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.97]
    iFrogz EarPollution Plugz - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£9.50]
    Jlab Jbuds J5M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£25.86]
    JVC HA-EBR80 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£19.99]
    JVC Xtreme Xplosives VARIOUS MODELS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16.74]
    Klipsch Image S4A - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£49.90]
    Klipsch Image S4A ii - Mic/Middle Button/No Volume Controls [£89.99]
    Marshall Minor Headphones - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£44.81]
    Meelectronics A161P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£93]
    Meelectronics M11P+ - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Meelectronics M16P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£18]
    Meelectronics M2P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£20]
    Meelectronics M31P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£28]
    Meelectronics M9P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£16]
    Meelectronics SP51P - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£29.99]
    Phillips Citiscape ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.99]
    Phonak Audeo 022- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£85.49]
    Phonak Audeo 122- Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£122.36]
    Samsung EHS-60 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£4]
    Samsung EHS-70 - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£50]
    Sennheiser MM50i - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£39.71]
    Soundmagic E10M - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£34.99]
    Urbanears Bagis - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [23.99]
    Urbanears Plattan ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£38.90]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M100 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£270]
    V-MODA/Crossfade M80 ON EARS - Mic/One Button/No Volume Controls [£159.50]
    Zagg Zagg Smartbuds - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls [£32.12]

Headsets With Working Mic & Middle Button But Volume Controls DO NOT WORK

Klipsch Image X10i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£132.50]
    RHA - MA450i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [39.95]
    Sennheiser MM30i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35]
    Sennheiser MM70i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£59.99]
    Sennheiser MX680i - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£30]
    Skullcandy 50/50 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£35.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£79.99]
    Skullcandy Heavy Medal 2.0 - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£69.99]
    Ultimate Ears 500 Vi - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£51 eBay]
    V-MODA Remix Remote - Mic/Middle Button/Volume Controls DO NOT WORK [£42.99]

These Headsets Have Limited Functionality - Please Read Individual Descriptions

Aiaiai Capital Headphones - Music can be played/paused with middle button. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    Bose MIE2 - Music can be played and paused with middle button. MIC DOES NOT WORK
    Razer Moray Plus Gaming Headphones - Mic Works and music can be listened to. Controls DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser IE8i - You can hear people talk. THEY CANNOT HEAR YOU - Using This (Link) Allows you to talk ONLY WHEN HOLDING MIDDLE BUTTON
    Sennheiser Momentum - Music can be played/paused with middle button but will also mute the mic, meaning you must unplug and replug the headset to use the mic. Once you press the middle button the mic will be muted. VOLUME CONTROLS DO NOT WORK
    Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Music can be played. VOLUME CONTROLS AND MIC DO NOT WORK
    JVC has a whole line of in-ear headphones that work with Android. I personally have a few of them (the Xtreme Xplosives and their Micro HD with metal housing).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones-Remote/dp/B0076WQTXC

Sounds good and works well. They even has the green android on the packaging som it is easy to see that they support it.
    Although it is already fairly easy to read, I shall re-order the layout sometime tomorrow
    Bose MIE2 no mic/ no volume/ no one button. Basically they produce sound and that's about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    Koss iSpark

One button with mic. Works fine with CyanogenMod. Using Jays app the button can be configured to perform multiple functions.